Sponsored by:

Regretted Trading In My 2014 Lexus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 12:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by kelvin105
One thing I like about my Lexus is when going around every corners, the rear wheel drive just wants to keep going faster and its so smooth and it feels like the car is following in what I want it to do.

The steering feel in the C43 is way too light and its turning circle is no good. I do not have the confident in driving the C43 the same way I did in my IS350 when it comes to going around corners. Not to mention I cannot even make a U-turn without having to block off incoming cars, embarrassing. I did not have this problem in the Lexus.
Are you comparing in Comfort or Sport/Sport+ mode? I agree that the turning radius isn't great. But, I think the steering is pretty good in the C43 in Sport+ mode and it handled well on the track at Road Atlanta.

Also, you guys should know that Mercedes recalled a major problem relating to engine defect and models includes the 2017 C43 AMG. That was in March and some members are still waiting for the parts to come here in July to fix the problem.

Now I do not know what happened, but I tried to turn on the engine of my car today and one time it didn't turn on. Hopefully, my C43 is fine because they shouldn't be able to sell me an unfix recall vehicle.
When it didn't start, what happened? Did you have your foot on the brake? As MASSC450 said, it's no where close to a major problem. Your engine has to be mechanically frozen (e.g., hydro-locked) before the defect has a chance of causing a problem. And even then, it's only if you repeatedly hit the starter in that situation. And last I checked, it's May (ok, almost June).

Honestly besides having a more powerful engine and a more luxurious interior...... and of course like I said I love the exhaust...... everything else is inferior in comparison to the solid built Lexus.

I just didn't have the patience to wait for Lexus to put out its twin-turbo engine to replace the current IS350, but I believe once they do, their build quality will remain the same. I will definitely switch back to the Lexus in the future. (Lexus is taking forever to develop a new turbo engine to replace the current IS and that's why I test drove and bought the Mercedes, well in additional to the goodies from C43)
It sounds like you don't really like the C43. No problem--different strokes for different folks. However, it's also sounding like you were impatient and knowingly bought a vehicle you didn't really like.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLC43 AMG SUV | 2017 C43 AMG COUPE | 2014 CLA250
Originally Posted by Dstopsie
Yes. But I like it. It's my first Mercedes. My next will be the c43. Just like when I got my Lexus I had the IS 250 then switched to the 350.
Welcome to the club then Dstopsie! I too switched from Japanese luxury (Infiniti) and went with Mercedes on back to back leases. I don't think I'll ever go back either. The interior of the Mercedes is truly exceptional. That's something I can't settle for anymore after this experience.
The following users liked this post:
Dstopsie (05-28-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
The Lexus is a vastly inferior car. But if you prefer it, I am sure you can trade it and get money back.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:41 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Lexus IS350 has defeated BMW 335i in terms of handling and driving experience in 2014.

One thing I like about my Lexus is when going around every corners, the rear wheel drive just wants to keep going faster and its so smooth and it feels like the car is following in what I want it to do.

The steering feel in the C43 is way too light and its turning circle is no good. I do not have the confident in driving the C43 the same way I did in my IS350 when it comes to going around corners. Not to mention I cannot even make a U-turn without having to block off incoming cars, embarrassing. I did not have this problem in the Lexus.

Honestly besides having a more powerful engine and a more luxurious interior...... and of course like I said I love the exhaust...... everything else is inferior in comparison to the solid built Lexus.

I just didn't have the patience to wait for Lexus to put out its twin-turbo engine to replace the current IS350, but I believe once they do, their build quality will remain the same. I will definitely switch back to the Lexus in the future. (Lexus is taking forever to develop a new turbo engine to replace the current IS and that's why I test drove and bought the Mercedes, well in additional to the goodies from C43)

The new 2018 Lexus LS is the fastest car in its segment even compared to the BMW 7 Series. That is thanks to the new twin-turbo that Lexus gave it.

Also, you guys should know that Mercedes recalled a major problem relating to engine defect and models includes the 2017 C43 AMG. That was in March and some members are still waiting for the parts to come here in July to fix the problem.

Now I do not know what happened, but I tried to turn on the engine of my car today and one time it didn't turn on. Hopefully, my C43 is fine because they shouldn't be able to sell me an unfix recall vehicle.

Another thing is the transmission issue that people have talk about in this forum. I've experienced the transmission rocking the car back and forth in Sport+ mode and omg it's so dangerous. The 8 speed transmission in the Lexus was a very great transmission that was fun to drive around.

Now lets face it, how many of us would like to throw out $400 for an oil change in a Mercedes when you could do it for $120 in Lexus. Maintenance cost so much because us consumers give Mercedes a better status than they deserve. They do not build their cars with the quality that it's worth.

And.......... the stock windshield wipers on this C43 is terrible quality compared to the one Lexus gave my IS350.
These are all pretty subjective points.
You are the first person I've ever met that says the 2014 IS350 is a better driving experience than a 2014 335i. How much time have you spent in an Fxx car? How was it equiped - bare bones or M-Sport with the bells and whistles?

I'm sorry to hear that you are pretty unhappy with your purchase of the C43 - you should write to MB corporate about your issues with it. They might have a resolution for you.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
These are all pretty subjective points.
You are the first person I've ever met that says the 2014 IS350 is a better driving experience than a 2014 335i. How much time have you spent in an Fxx car? How was it equiped - bare bones or M-Sport with the bells and whistles?

I'm sorry to hear that you are pretty unhappy with your purchase of the C43 - you should write to MB corporate about your issues with it. They might have a resolution for you.
You obviously haven't spent much time in either of the 2014 models.........

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-5

The only thing incompetent about the Lexus was its outdated engine. Lexus could have easily thrown a more powerful turbo engine into it like the rest of its competitors, but it takes time for them to ensure that the turbo engines they put into their cars would be reliable.

Sometimes when you're a die-hard fan of German brands, you won't be able to see the facts with clarity.

I still like my new Mercedes C43, but I must say my disappointments.

I just hope that Lexus won't replace the IS350 with a turbo engine in 2019 model year, otherwise it's a guaranteed faster 0-60 time than my C43. Even the new Lexus LS, which is the larger sedan compare to the S-Class, goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds......
Old 05-28-2017, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

The only thing incompetent about the Lexus was its outdated engine...
...and it's outdated 6 sp transmission in the AWD model. The main reason I went with the Mercedes C300 4Matic over the Lexus.

I feel my current C450 is superior to the 2015 Lexus IS 350 F Sport in every performance category, and I'm sure if I ditched the run flat tires, handling in my C450 would improve even more.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW

The only thing incompetent about the Lexus was its outdated engine. Lexus could have easily thrown a more powerful turbo engine into it like the rest of its competitors, but it takes time for them to ensure that the turbo engines they put into their cars would be reliable.

Sometimes when you're a die-hard fan of German brands, you won't be able to see the facts with clarity.

I just hope that Lexus won't replace the IS350 with a turbo engine in 2019 model year, otherwise it's a guaranteed faster 0-60 time than my C43. Even the new Lexus LS, which is the larger sedan compare to the S-Class, goes 0-60 in 4.5 seconds......
Oh but I have spent a lot of time in a 2014 Lexus IS350. To be honest, it isn't the RWD variant though, it's the AWD version with the surprisingly deep F-Sport exhaust. There's also the 2014 435i (Sure it's not a 335, but they aren't wildly different). Last but not least, a C43C was added to the stable about 8 months back. All 3 of these machines are great cars for their own reasons. In my opinion, having driven all of these cars, just not the reasons you outlined.
To each their own.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:14 PM

C450 AMG

The c450 was tested 0-60 in around 4.4/4.5 seconds. The LS 460 f sport is a high 5 second car. Haven't seen any tests for the LS 500.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:17 PM

C450 AMG
Originally Posted by MASSC450
...and it's outdated 6 sp transmission in the AWD model. The main reason I went with the Mercedes C300 4Matic over the Lexus.

I feel my current C450 is superior to the 2015 Lexus IS 350 F Sport in every performance category, and I'm sure if I ditched the run flat tires, handling in my C450 would improve even more.
Even with the summer runflats the c450/43 puts up better handling numbers than a IS350 F-Sport (it couldn't even touch a .90g skipad rating with summer tires).
Old 05-28-2017, 05:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by BRBM
Still, full disclosure, I luuuuuv that damn coupe. Might have to trade up for her sexy, fat *** one day. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!! And no offense ladies.)
I have the coupe. We named it "Sir Benz-a-Lot" for that very reason!
Old 05-28-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe

Well, it seems like you have a conundrum, since it honestly appears you like the Lexus better. From your comments, it seems like you may never be happy with the C43.

I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but if you really aren't happy with the Mercedes after attempting to address some of these issues at the dealer, why not just go buy a Lexus? It'll cost you a little bit to get out of your lease, but I wouldn't drive a car at this cost unless I was happy with it.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:32 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Where the hell do you get your information? That recall is not an engine issue, it's a "potential" electrical overheat issue IF the operator attempts to start a damaged engine (e.g. hydro locked engine)...solved simply by adding a fusible link at the dealership.
NOT to mention, MassC450, is it just me or did anyone else's TrollDar go off?

Newbie...4 posts....little or nothing positive to say about the 450/43.....ONLY bought the mother 'cause of an alleged lack of patience for a TT 6 that's probably not coming for a while....or, how about, the only thing incompetent in the IS is outdated engine.....then, only to divulge he's going back to Lexus. (Shoula bleepin stayed.)

GET the %$#! OUTTA HERE!! Kelvin you's a damn phoney-baloney Lexus loyalist that can't stand Mercs. Now, git!! 4 stinkin posts.

But I didn't wanna say anything. Who's next? Someone from The Bimmerpost or AudiBoost claiming their 340s and S5s are the shiznit and AMG can't tune?

Sh--. I'm gone.

P.S....Would one of you - C&D or MT or R&T - do an honest to goodness comparo? What's taking so long? (What? Be careful what I wish for? Shut up.)
Old 05-30-2017, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe

Newbie...4 posts....little or nothing positive to say about the 450/43.....ONLY bought the mother 'cause of an alleged lack of patience for a TT 6 that's probably not coming for a while....or, how about, the only thing incompetent in the IS is outdated engine.....then, only to divulge he's going back to Lexus. (Shoula bleepin stayed.)

GET the %$#! OUTTA HERE!! Kelvin you's a damn phoney-baloney Lexus loyalist that can't stand Mercs. Now, git!! 4 stinkin posts.

But I didn't wanna say anything. Who's next? Someone from The Bimmerpost or AudiBoost claiming their 340s and S5s are the shiznit and AMG can't tune?

Sh--. I'm gone.

P.S....Would one of you - C&D or MT or R&T - do an honest to goodness comparo? What's taking so long? (What? Be careful what I wish for? Shut up.)
Hey bud, no offense, but it is really hard to understand what your posts are about half of the time. See if you can just type things out properly, just a suggestion. Feel free to disregard it, it is a free country afterall.
The following 2 users liked this post by munis:
JTB (06-03-2017), NYCSoiL (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by munis
Hey bud, no offense, but it is really hard to understand what your posts are about half of the time. See if you can just type things out properly, just a suggestion. Feel free to disregard it, it is a free country afterall.
I think you - and NY Soil - should take your happy a$$ back to reading & comprehension class.

Just because some minority people like you can't understand a unique, but understandable, writing style doesn't mean anything's wrong with it. Have had people far more qualified than either of you label it as no more than, like I said, unique. And quite - AGAIN - *@#$ing understandable.

And not that I'm in her class, go read some Ann Coulter. Then again, she'd probably lose you, too. Good grief. Stop reading it! See BRBM? Keep your damn eyes moving, Mila.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C450 AMG
Currently in the market for an IS for my GF... wouldn't want her driving a faster car than me, right?
Old 05-30-2017, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

I think you - and NY Soil - should take your happy a$$ back to reading & comprehension class.

And not that I'm in her class, go read some Ann Coulter. Then again, she'd probably lose you, too.
I understand you BRBM...

...but as for reading ANYTHING from Ann Coulter, well...I'd rather put a cigarette out in my eye.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:51 PM

2015 Macan S; 1996 911 C4S
I understand you BRBM...

...but as for reading ANYTHING from Ann Coulter, well...I'd rather put a cigarette out in my eye.

For sure. She is the biggest troll of all.
This thread was questionable from the start, and has degenerated to the point of absurdity, and reflects badly on this community IMO. My interest in a C43 is also diminishing.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Take the drivel to the off-topic section and let this thread die. Carry on...nothing to see here.
The following users liked this post:
JTB (06-03-2017)
Old 05-31-2017, 04:56 AM

C43 AMG

Sh--. I'm gone.

I wonder who's the troll here. Now as they say, please do not feed this troll.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:07 AM

C43 AMG
I'm currently doing some research and reading posts on this forum about the transmission problem in sport+ mode rocking the car back and forth.

As I've mentioned I've also experienced it during test drive. Now I'm only driving in comfort mode until I break-in the car at 1000 miles. I cant wait until I drive it in sport+ mode, but I'm now too afraid to get into an accident and hit another vehicle, yet worse is injuring people.

A fair person would agree that Mercedes show incompetence in developing their transmission and the driving mode for this car.

Last edited by kelvin105; 05-31-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:11 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Robvoip
The c450 was tested 0-60 in around 4.4/4.5 seconds. The LS 460 f sport is a high 5 second car. Haven't seen any tests for the LS 500.
Autoguide and other car reviewers have quoted it from the testing model 0-60 to be 4.5 seconds.

The hybrid version is just as fast and has about 30 mpg in the city.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too many to list
Post a picture of the car with your s/n to show proof that you actually have a c43.

​​​​​​
Old 06-01-2017, 01:23 AM

2017 C 43 AMG
It doesn't really matter whether Kelvin drives a C43 or not. To me it sounds like he is a noob. Can't drive to save his life. I'm afraid of this, I'm afraid of that...bull****. You CAN'T drive, Kelvin. Can not.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:57 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Arthrodesis
Post a picture of the car with your s/n to show proof that you actually have a c43.

​​​​​​
Only the actual losers would think anyone have the time to go onto car forums when they dont have the car.

Check this link

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...you-get-2.html

I posted my discount about a month ago when I got my dealer to ship it from another dealership.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:59 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
It doesn't really matter whether Kelvin drives a C43 or not. To me it sounds like he is a noob. Can't drive to save his life. I'm afraid of this, I'm afraid of that...bull****. You CAN'T drive, Kelvin. Can not.
Another troll. I guess everyone who posted about their concern for the car rocking back and forth also cannot drive, according to this retard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Regretted Trading In My 2014 Lexus