Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

try to talk me out of leasing this C43 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 10:55 PM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
I would get the 2018 C43, you can probably score a killer deal.

Coming from a 2015 W205 C300 I was worried the 2018 would feel dated. No way, lots of under the hood fo the infotainment, faster GUI performance, better burmeister with cleaner sound, car is tight as a drum.

Everytime they add a new feature, there is a chance for somthing to go wrong.

The 2018 with performance exhaust drives the other drivers simply MAD with envy. It is a fantabulous car and priced right. Gorgeous looking, comfortable, hilariously loud but also stealthy in comfort mode, this one does it all.

Forget the 2019 unless you are made of money. You’ll get a much bettet deal on a 2018 and the car has the performance, the sound and the whole deal. It is perfect.

Who knows what sill be available in 3 years

Last edited by Snarfalus; 06-15-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by ryanSTL
Hi all - been lurking and a few posts here and there as I shop for my next car. I'm returning my 435 gran coupe M sport lease in about 3 weeks. I drive 15k miles a year, mostly with a 30 mile round trip M-F work commute. The fixed M sport suspension on the 435 is on the harsh side for a daily and wearing thin with me. Loved the N55 motor and the ZF auto is great. Great car, but time for something new.

Mental max budget is 60k. None of the current BMWs under $65k speak to me. Same with Lexus. Audi S4 and S5 are a possibility, but I haven't driven one yet. I drove the 4cyl Alfa Giulia fully loaded @ $54k and can work them all the way down to $47k. At that price, it's a good option. I have this strange desire to consider the new MX-5 miata Club. You can steal a new 2016 Club with BBS wheels & brembos for like $25 grand. Drove it and it's fun as hell. very small obviously.

The reason I'm cross shopping some strange options is because my wife has a practical car for those sorts of things. I'm mostly driving solo, but not always.

Found a silver C43 amg coupe for $59k sticker. Performance exhaust, 19" wheels, & night package... that's it. Drove it today and really liked it. The silver strikes a good mix of classy yet athletic & sporty. I really like the MB Tex Dinamica with red stitching, and the seats are mad comfortable. Summer hi performance tires. Panoramic roof is cool. Performance exhaust sounds extremely good. I test drove with everything at Sport + and it was still much more comfortable than my BMW. The transmission seemed fine, although not as crisp as my ZF and the forum complaints have me worried. The thought of getting back into an AWD car for rain & snow in the midwest is exciting. I really like the minimal "drivers car" options on this one.

The MB dealer is very cool and cut me a nice deal on a 3 year 15k mile per lease that's on the table for next week until calendar month end. $2500 down, $690 a month after tax. I will probably try to negotiate for pre-paid maintenance, but the numbers seem pretty solid. The dealer is telling me they'll break even on this type of deal.

So...... try to talk me out of this. Why won't I like this car? What else should I drive & consider? Need to figure something out this week. Thanks for your input.
If you think the M sport suspension on the 435 is harsh, do not get a c43 with 19" wheels. Get the 18's, you will be much happier with the ride. A c43 with 19's is much harsher than a 4 series Bimmer.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:30 AM

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. J
If you think the M sport suspension on the 435 is harsh, do not get a c43 with 19" wheels. Get the 18's, you will be much happier with the ride. A c43 with 19's is much harsher than a 4 series Bimmer.
Agreed, I have the 18s and I drive 20,000 miles per year. The ride is super comfy in comfort mode, but still nice and firm. In Sport it is very balanced. In Sport Plus it feels nice and stiff but not punishing like my last car that had 18s and a steel sport suspension.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M4 (currently)
I am currently in the process of leasing a c43. I have been in an M4 for the past 3 years. I am really gonna miss the M4 but since moving from TX to a place where it snows, I needed an all wheel drive option. The c43, while not as aggressive as the M4 suits my needs great and is a great ride.

I will also attest to the tires (at least on my M4). I have only put about 20k miles on it in 3 years and am on my 3rd set of rear tires (still have the same front tires though). Will see if it is the same story on the c43...
Old 06-16-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by WatchWho
I am currently in the process of leasing a c43. I have been in an M4 for the past 3 years. I am really gonna miss the M4 but since moving from TX to a place where it snows, I needed an all wheel drive option. The c43, while not as aggressive as the M4 suits my needs great and is a great ride.

I will also attest to the tires (at least on my M4). I have only put about 20k miles on it in 3 years and am on my 3rd set of rear tires (still have the same front tires though). Will see if it is the same story on the c43...
Where in Texas?
Old 06-16-2018, 09:41 PM

C43 Amg Coupe
Smile

Originally Posted by Snarfalus

Coming from a 2015 W205 C300 I was worried the 2018 would feel dated. No way, lots of under the hood fo the infotainment, faster GUI performance, better burmeister with cleaner sound, car is tight as a drum.

The 2018 with performance exhaust drives the other drivers simply MAD with envy. It is a fantabulous car and priced right. Gorgeous looking, comfortable, hilariously loud but also stealthy in comfort mode, this one does it all.

Forget the 2019 unless you are made of money. You’ll get a much bettet deal on a 2018 and the car has the performance, the sound and the whole deal. It is perfect.

+1 I have the 2017 coupe and am not sick of it at all.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:33 AM

BMW M4 (currently)
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead

Where in Texas?

Dallas Area
Old 06-17-2018, 11:26 AM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by WatchWho
Dallas Area
I lived in Fort Worth (30 miles from Dallas) for 8 years. You don't need awd for Dallas. I Daily drove my cts-v on drag radials there. It typically snows once or twice a year and rarely does the snow stick to the ground. When it does all businesses shut down bc no one know how to drive in the snow there.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:20 PM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
Yeah, but WatchWho is moving out of Texas...
Old 06-17-2018, 08:44 PM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by guhvies
Yeah, but WatchWho is moving out of Texas...
Ha! My bad, misread the post...

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 06-17-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:21 PM

ATS-V
Originally Posted by Snarfalus

ok im gonna have to consider that 2018 then. i just hope i get a really good deal, otherwise itll feel like too much of a downgrade. plus i liked the exclusivity. in my town i probably see 2 c43s per day. i have seen 1 ats-v other than mine in the last 2.5 years.

EDIT: quick question
how does the suspension work in these c43s? i know it gets stiffer but what system is it using? and hoe does it compare to GM magride if anyone knows?

Last edited by donavo; 06-19-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 08:18 PM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by donavo
ok im gonna have to consider that 2018 then. i just hope i get a really good deal, otherwise itll feel like too much of a downgrade. plus i liked the exclusivity. in my town i probably see 2 c43s per day. i have seen 1 ats-v other than mine in the last 2.5 years.

EDIT: quick question
how does the suspension work in these c43s? i know it gets stiffer but what system is it using? and hoe does it compare to GM magride if anyone knows?
It's only a downgrade in the speed department, but that can be addressed with a tune. You don't see any other ats-vs because no one bought them unfortunately!

The suspension is a little more firm than the V but nothing significant. Mag ride tour to race setting is a more noticeable than comfort to sport plus on the C43. Quote from Daimler, "The adaptive adjustable damping comes as standard. This fully automatic, electronically controlled system adjusts the damping at each wheel to the current requirements. The single-tube dampers have two valves for the rebound and compression stages respectively, and the damping is adapted continuously. The ideal operating point can be selected at all times on the basis of a broad scope of information relating to acceleration or vehicle speed, for example."
Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 PM

ATS-V
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead

It's only a downgrade in the speed department, but that can be addressed with a tune. You don't see any other ats-vs because no one bought them unfortunately!

The suspension is a little more firm than the V but nothing significant. Mag ride tour to race setting is a more noticeable than comfort to sport plus on the C43. Quote from Daimler, "The adaptive adjustable damping comes as standard. This fully automatic, electronically controlled system adjusts the damping at each wheel to the current requirements. The single-tube dampers have two valves for the rebound and compression stages respectively, and the damping is adapted continuously. The ideal operating point can be selected at all times on the basis of a broad scope of information relating to acceleration or vehicle speed, for example."
one more thing to consider and i apologize for hijacking this thread so shamelessly but one thing lead to another and here we are.
how is the warranty and service with benz? with cadillac i had all services including oil change completely free for the life of the warranty.
i assume nothing is free with the benz?

by the looks of things id need to get a fully loaded c43 with the brown leather diamond sewn interior. but i couldnt find that option in the build site. i only saw it in one of the review videos. input?

also, how would you recommend i spec one out? aside from the visual stuff, i heard the exhaust is a must and. what other options are sort of underrated that i would need (like keyless go? id assume keyless stuff would be standard...)
Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C450, 2019 E63S
any updates on this? im currently considering this car as well. i drive an ats-v now and its amazing but its getting bought back now and im considering other options rather than another ats-v m6 coupe. i keep getting turned off by the c43 for not being a true amg with the handbuilt engine and all else that that implies. someone push me over the edge.

I own a C450/C43, and it is not a true AMG, no matter what anyone tells you. It is not handbuilt nor is it the standard V8 or V12 that true AMGs are. I've driven the C63s and it is quite different from the C43, which I actually was not expecting it to be that drastically different. It just feels like a complete animal, even in Comfort mode - you can hear that V8 burble. Drive a real AMG, and you will see what the difference is for yourself.

That does not mean the C43 is not a good car. It is a great car, there is very little to not like about it. Sitting in the rear seat is apparently not comfortable while driving as almost everyone in my car seems to say. <--- that's the only negative thing I can think of.

Going back to your comment about "true AMGs," I believe that none of the 43's should have an AMG badge on it but they have it for marketing purposes (a tiny bit of engine enhancement makes it okay apparently).

EDIT - I would NOT get the 2018 C43; wait for the 2019 if you want one. The deals for the 18's will be great, but given that you don't like that the car already isn't a true AMG but has an AMG badge, I feel like you would not like to know you're driving an outdated design and weaker engine over a couple hundred bucks. Ultimately, it is your choice.

Last edited by NYC365; 06-20-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:21 PM

2018 C43 sedan
one more thing to consider and i apologize for hijacking this thread so shamelessly but one thing lead to another and here we are.
how is the warranty and service with benz? with cadillac i had all services including oil change completely free for the life of the warranty.
i assume nothing is free with the benz?

by the looks of things id need to get a fully loaded c43 with the brown leather diamond sewn interior. but i couldnt find that option in the build site. i only saw it in one of the review videos. input?

also, how would you recommend i spec one out? aside from the visual stuff, i heard the exhaust is a must and. what other options are sort of underrated that i would need (like keyless go? id assume keyless stuff would be standard...)
Warranty wise, it is not included. Just about everyone gets the prepaid maintenance for 2, 3, or 4 years. Maintenance averages out to about $400 per year / 10k miles. If you build a C43 on the MB website it will show you maintenance cost on the page before summary.

Their website messes up frequently, I would imagine the designo brown interior is still available, but I would call a dealer for that one. They can check their dealer ordering guide.

My car has the exact options I was looking for: polar white (no charge for paint), night package, black upgraded leather interior with stitched dash, 19" 5 spoke wheels with black inserts, advanced lighting package with ambient lighting (must for me), multimedia (I hate the smaller screen), performance exhaust is a must, pano roof (looks good and makes the car feel more open), black ash trim (I'm not spending $1,500 for a piece of carbon fiber), Burmeister (standard stereo blows), and heads up display. My MSRP came out to $65k and some change. I think keyless entry is standard now on the 43.

I think drivers assistance and 360 camera are unnecessary and overpriced so I skipped them. I wouldn't opt for any of the carbon fiber offerings either, I think they are overpriced and we are driving a near 4,000 lb sedan, not a Mclaren 720s. Just my preference. That brown stitched interior looks amazing in person though. If you go to a dealership they will probably have another car on the lot with that interior so you can see it.