Sponsored by:

Way to mount front license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43 amg
Originally Posted by sev7nflow
Does anyone have a low cost option without drilling any holes to mount the front license plate? *** of a cop gave me a fix it ticket for just that... ridiculous.

any pics or links to easy mounts would be awesome

there is a clearance of 4.5 inches on the grill below the logo and my Ontario plate without obscuring the numbers bent into place is secured with zip ties for now on my 2018 AMG C43
Old 07-22-2019, 02:48 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by sev7nflow
Does anyone have a low cost option without drilling any holes to mount the front license plate? *** of a cop gave me a fix it ticket for just that... ridiculous.

any pics or links to easy mounts would be awesome
Sorry you got stopped. Just curious what state you are in. I’m in New Jersey which also has the stupid two plate law. I really don’t want to put the font plate on but don’t want hassle/fine etc that you are going thru.

Any other Jersey owners opt to not put on the front plate? Are you getting stopped?
The following users liked this post:
superstarR (07-26-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 08:42 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
Sorry you got stopped. Just curious what state you are in. I’m in New Jersey which also has the stupid two plate law. I really don’t want to put the font plate on but don’t want hassle/fine etc that you are going thru.

Any other Jersey owners opt to not put on the front plate? Are you getting stopped?
Connecticut here, same law for 2 plates. I only have the rear and no one bats an eye *knocks on wood*. If you have a stanced out civic though without a front plate best believe you'll get that ticket all day. Guess it depends how enforced it really is in your area.
PFEAMG (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 09:13 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by MVEOVR
Connecticut here, same law for 2 plates. I only have the rear and no one bats an eye *knocks on wood*. If you have a stanced out civic though without a front plate best believe you'll get that ticket all day. Guess it depends how enforced it really is in your area.
Thanks for your feedback...yeah, I think you're right. Or if you get pulled over for something else, speeding, registration etc, they may hit you for not having the front plate. Or at least that is what I've heard lol
Old 07-23-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
I've never ran a front plate and (knock on wood) haven't been pulled for it. I live in CA also where two plates are the law also. I think what others have said holds true. If your car doesn't draw alot of attention you should be fine. The ones that are heavily modded and draw attention, will ultimately get pulled first. Over here it's just a fix-it ticket so it does't bother me as much. Also depends how "busy" the cops are in the area...
PFEAMG (07-24-2019)