Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adios

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 07:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'17 AMG C43
To nit pick and add to the review on this thread I will say this car does not feel vault like as my W204 did. I've had a rattle fixed in the passenger seat belt and will need to get the passenger side AMG sport seat looked at to see if that rattle can be fixed. My seat belt is also problematic, when engaged the car sometimes thinks it's not. I've had the dealer looked at it once and they said it was fine. Next time it goes in it will be fixed or replaced, I will make sure of it. Driving over train tracks you get that vibration in the dash that I never had in my old W204 but that could be the run flat 19's... With that being said I feel the pro's outweigh the cons... There's a majority that feel it's not a true AMG, the badge was just slapped on and really I could care less what badge is on the car...if it didn't have the badge I'm sure people's perspective would be totally different. The performance and "luxury" you get is unmatched. I've had those instances with the tranny making the car jerky but chalked it away to identical things happening in my manual outback if you're not using the clutch... a bit annoying but liveable. Everyone is gonna have their experiences good, bad, or indifferent but I think I'm loyal to the brand now and will be for quite some time. OP good luck on your new purchase, definitely a sweet ride.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
As they say in Mexico, Adios, My Friend.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
I've been driving a variety of cars lately and have come to appreciate this car more because of it.

It really is a great daily and even with it's issues it's an impressive package. I would definitely be more disappointed if I purchased a loaded vehicle with a high MSRP. But after my discount this car came in at under 50k and I think it makes a fairly good value proposition.

I felt more attached to my B8.5 Audi S4 that I came from but they may have been because of the aftermarket scene/support that the car had and the Manual transmission that I miss.

Once again, rollercoaster of emotions for this car, but I think I'm going to focus on what it does so well and not on what it is lacking.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by JGreen76
I came from an Audi too, welcome. Take your car to the dealer. They will fix all your rattles under warranty.

Once I had my rattles addresses, it felt like the car I paid for.
Hey Green, when you took the car to the dealership, was there anything specific you asked for?
Old 08-26-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
And OP, FAANTASTIC replacement/upgrade
Big Audi fanboy right here so if you would indulge me with more pics of that S, I wouldn't mind at all
Thanks! I finally got the Audi all cleaned up. I'm still processing how fast this hulk is--and my kid still laughs hysterically from his car seat if I punch it off the line.

Also, FWIW, I believe this is my old C43. So take my ownership experience into account, I guess--though even the Carfax makes it look like a maintenance queen.

http://www.hoehnmercedes.com/certifi...9621a6938a.htm