Sponsored by:

Dealer won't touch aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450
Dealer won't touch aftermarket wheels

My brake pad indicator light came on last week and went to the dealer yesterday to have the pads changed. Just as I was heading out the door, my SA ran to me and said "Oh shoot you have aftermarket wheels, due to liability issues we can't remove it. You have to remove and install the stock ones first then bring it back in. This new rule is from Corporate...sorry"

I am from Vancouver, Canada. Any other fellow Canadians with aftermarket wheels experienced this or US peeps for that fact with their dealer?

The bright side is all 4 pads, rotors and sensors are being changed under warranty lol .
Old 09-07-2017, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by 5Zigen18
My brake pad indicator light came on last week and went to the dealer yesterday to have the pads changed. Just as I was heading out the door, my SA ran to me and said "Oh shoot you have aftermarket wheels, due to liability issues we can't remove it. You have to remove and install the stock ones first then bring it back in. This new rule is from Corporate...sorry"

I am from Vancouver, Canada. Any other fellow Canadians with aftermarket wheels experienced this or US peeps for that fact with their dealer?

The bright side is all 4 pads, rotors and sensors are being changed under warranty lol .
mb of brooklyn (idiots) declined to install a missing clip from a cover due to aftermarket wheels and lowering springs.
i think that AMG Performance Center should be more helpful and understanding
Old 09-07-2017, 12:13 PM
BEH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A6
Is Corporate MB or Dealer?
What if there was an after market winter tire & wheel package from someone like Tire Rack on the car in the middle of winter?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
I don't know why anyone takes they're car to the Stealership anyways... Just go to a reputable 3rd party and get it done right for a reasonable price.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan
Originally Posted by BEH
What if there was an after market winter tire & wheel package from someone like Tire Rack on the car in the middle of winter?
I'm definitely interested in hearing if its MB Corporate or the dealer? I was looking into aftermarket wheels for winter tires.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:54 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by BEH

Its corporate MB dealer, the directive came directly from corporate according to the SA.

I am not sure about non MB winter rims/tires, the SA just said they would not remove/install aftermarket wheels due to liability issues. This policy was enforced since Apr/May.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:58 PM

2016 C450
Originally Posted by skim7x
I don't know why anyone takes they're car to the Stealership anyways... Just go to a reputable 3rd party and get it done right for a reasonable price.

I am not sure about US but in Canada, they will replace any wear and tear items for the first 2 years or 40,000 kms so this job is covered under warranty.

Out of curiosity I did ask what the cost would be if it wasn't covered, $1,100 for fronts and $900 for the rears (incl pads, rotors, wear indicator etc).