Sponsored by:

ATTENTION TUNED C43's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 10:01 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by DVision44
I took my car to AMR and posted a dyno sheet along with a video of the car on the dyno along time ago.

+90hp / +120tq

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_xDKa0Hbw0
Hey,

Thanks for sharing. Do you have the baseline dyno sheet to share as well? (easier than trying to find it in your previous posts)
Old 09-17-2017, 02:16 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by threefirs
Hey,

Thanks for sharing. Do you have the baseline dyno sheet to share as well? (easier than trying to find it in your previous posts)
I've gotta dig it up and i'll post it again for you.

Last edited by DVision44; 09-17-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
Can you take your car to the track? Curious what the OE traps, it looks like a great tune, but numbers don't lie.

AMR just did 116.
Numbers may not lie, but they may not be directly comparable. Temperature, altitude, relative humidity and barometric pressure at the track at the time of the run all have an impact. Hot Rod Network has a good explanation http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-...ensity-tuning/
There are calculators that will adjust the raw numbers from different runs to standard day runs making them comparable.

Just saying, don't get too fixated on comparing tunes via drag strip times. Way too many variables.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
AMR is superior to other tunes.... everyone else is in denial... AMR rules the tuning market for the c43 it's very simple!!
Old 09-17-2017, 07:58 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
Numbers may not lie, but they may not be directly comparable. Temperature, altitude, relative humidity and barometric pressure at the track at the time of the run all have an impact. Hot Rod Network has a good explanation http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-...ensity-tuning/
There are calculators that will adjust the raw numbers from different runs to standard day runs making them comparable.

Just saying, don't get too fixated on comparing tunes via drag strip times. Way too many variables.
I totally agree, weather matters. Still want to see the numbers though, as he is located in the Northeast so the weather will be somewhat similar this time of year...

Regardless, let's see what that OE traps.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:58 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
AMR is superior to other tunes.... everyone else is in denial... AMR rules the tuning market for the c43 it's very simple!!
Gunga, I'm sold but should I get one of those memory readers, too? Should you save your software? How did you proceed?
Old 09-18-2017, 08:23 AM

My best advice is to not listen to the guys with mail in tunes that have never tracked or dyno'd WITH a baseline dyno to compare to.

Get whatever is most convenient for you, with a tuner you trust the most. I believe AMR has a great product but I can vouch for Eurocharged tune being pretty awesome from first hard experience.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,049 Likes on 1,429 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
My best advice is to not listen to the guys with mail in tunes that have never tracked or dyno'd WITH a baseline dyno to compare to.

Get whatever is most convenient for you, with a tuner you trust the most. I believe AMR has a great product but I can vouch for Eurocharged tune being pretty awesome from first hard experience.
agreed; for most people that main in an ecu, they get it back and are thrilled that it comes back in one piece and installs and no check engine lights, then further thrilled when the butt dyno seems to indicate more power. Then that automatically equates to "tuner is awesome and you should ONLY go with them!!"

pre and post dynos can show a very differen story and actually running it down the track is yet another story. Most will never do these above. Show me all the dynos you want -- next show me your 1/4 mile time (adjusted if necessary for altitudes and temp) and lemme know how yur car did
Old 09-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
agreed; for most people that main in an ecu, they get it back and are thrilled that it comes back in one piece and installs and no check engine lights, then further thrilled when the butt dyno seems to indicate more power. Then that automatically equates to "tuner is awesome and you should ONLY go with them!!"

pre and post dynos can show a very differen story and actually running it down the track is yet another story. Most will never do these above. Show me all the dynos you want -- next show me your 1/4 mile time (adjusted if necessary for altitudes and temp) and lemme know how yur car did
Well when they provide countless dyno plots/videos and track times with a mph that matches the power claims AND there are literally zero negative reviews, it is pretty self explanatory.

People can try and back up other companies, but it is pointless when AMR

1) Makes the most power
2) Warranties the software AND your motor
3) Have countless 5 star reviews and all of their customers love them
4) Have zero issues or CELs unlike other brands

It is crazy to me that people are trying to justify not choosing the best option by knocking people that did haha "these people didn't have any issues or check engine lights and the car is noticeably faster..........why would they choose that?" lol you sound dumb
Old 09-18-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by getmercd
Well when they provide countless dyno plots/videos and track times with a mph that matches the power claims AND there are literally zero negative reviews, it is pretty self explanatory.

People can try and back up other companies, but it is pointless when AMR

1) Makes the most power
2) Warranties the software AND your motor
3) Have countless 5 star reviews and all of their customers love them
4) Have zero issues or CELs unlike other brands

It is crazy to me that people are trying to justify not choosing the best option by knocking people that did haha "these people didn't have any issues or check engine lights and the car is noticeably faster..........why would they choose that?" lol you sound dumb
Pretty ignorant, but I'm not surprised.

I have seen 3 dyno's of Eurocharged tunes on C43's. All with the same file and all different dyno results. Every single motor is different and will net different results. This is not an AMR thing, a Eurocharged or OE thing, this is standard with any car on any tune but you keep relying on your butt dyno

I have no CEL's, and neither do the other 2 people with EC tunes locally that have C43's. Have you considered that a stock MB can have a CEL as well? lol .

Eurocharged also offers a warranty on the motor. You going to tow your car across country to your tuner to get the motor replaced? What if they say its MB? Time to tow it back? Use your head, please.
The following users liked this post:
loungn14 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 04:41 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Pretty ignorant, but I'm not surprised.

I have seen 3 dyno's of Eurocharged tunes on C43's. All with the same file and all different dyno results. Every single motor is different and will net different results. This is not an AMR thing, a Eurocharged or OE thing, this is standard with any car on any tune but you keep relying on your butt dyno

I have no CEL's, and neither do the other 2 people with EC tunes locally that have C43's. Have you considered that a stock MB can have a CEL as well? lol .

Eurocharged also offers a warranty on the motor. You going to tow your car across country to your tuner to get the motor replaced? What if they say its MB? Time to tow it back? Use your head, please.
Thank you kindly for this life altering information. Every car is different? I had no idea

Congrats, 3 vehicles out of the multiple CEL threads across all models run decent. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while lol.

The point was AMR consistently makes the exact power gains they claim and they are higher than everyone else.

If there was ever a problem where I would have to tow the car to them (unheard of so far) I would absolutely. I doubt you have ever spoken with AMR because their customer service and phone etiquette is unmatched. The same would apply to Eurocharged clients that are not local to them. That can go both ways, however, the negatives seen from the Eurocharged side have not been seen on the AMR side. That is all that was being pointed out.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by getmercd
Thank you kindly for this life altering information. Every car is different? I had no idea

Congrats, 3 vehicles out of the multiple CEL threads across all models run decent. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while lol.

The point was AMR consistently makes the exact power gains they claim and they are higher than everyone else.

If there was ever a problem where I would have to tow the car to them (unheard of so far) I would absolutely. I doubt you have ever spoken with AMR because their customer service and phone etiquette is unmatched. The same would apply to Eurocharged clients that are not local to them. That can go both ways, however, the negatives seen from the Eurocharged side have not been seen on the AMR side. That is all that was being pointed out.
Again, how can you confirm that AMR constantly makes the exact power gains they claim when you all have mail in tunes? You have no effin clue how much power your car makes! You have a mail in tune and you've never been to a track You must have the most advanced butt dyno ever - some how everyone else with AMR does also for you to come to this conclusion.

Let me make this clear one more time, I think AMR has a great tune. I don't think its superior because we have no proof of it being superior. There is not even a single video of the two tunes running against eachother under the same circumstances!!

You go ahead and pay $2000USD for a tune just because more=better, without any actual rational. Heck, AMR might be the faster tune making more power, but there is zero proof of that!!!

Good luck to you and your nation wide towing.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:36 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Again, how can you confirm that AMR constantly makes the exact power gains they claim when you all have mail in tunes? You have no effin clue how much power your car makes! You have a mail in tune and you've never been to a track You must have the most advanced butt dyno ever - some how everyone else with AMR does also for you to come to this conclusion.

Let me make this clear one more time, I think AMR has a great tune. I don't think its superior because we have no proof of it being superior. There is not even a single video of the two tunes running against eachother under the same circumstances!!

You go ahead and pay $2000USD for a tune just because more=better, without any actual rational. Heck, AMR might be the faster tune making more power, but there is zero proof of that!!!

Good luck to you and your nation wide towing.
Is your brain fried? Must be too much sun from riding around with the top down on that cute little cab.

AMR has a higher gain that any competing brand (ask these competitors, they will even admit it). If they prove their gain with dyno sheets, dyno videos, track times, etc. why would my car that has their stage 1 be performing different? Yes, I do not know my exact power number, but that is why they have a range on the description of their upgrade. All the 43s they have done have seen 90-100hp, so I am going to say mine is also in that range lol.

I understand what you are getting at, however, saying that they are all the same is ludicrous.

Regarding "nation wide towing", that again can be said for Eurocharged as well. Because you are local does not make some of their other clients local and from what I have seen on this forum, their clients have had more "incidents" shall we say than the AMR guys.
removedCFGaccount (09-19-2017)
Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
Originally Posted by 17merc43
Hey guys! I am narrowing down the options for my software upgrade

I have looked into a few companies and I have pretty much narrowed it down to AMR Performance and Eurocharged Performance.

I figured starting this thread would be easier than awkwardly trying to dm all of you to get your input and review of your products haha.

I want to say I am leaning towards AMR because of the power and very positive reviews I have seen, but I am not quite sure yet. I have heard positive about Eurocharged as well, however, AMR is giving me a better vibe if that makes sense.

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!
While I don't have experience with any of the US "tuners", I was told by a reliable source that most of them don't actually "tune" the car. They buy European tunes/flash tool and just flash your car........ If this is true, most of them should be the same!!!!

https://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/re...=&search=+w205

https://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/re...26R+Chiptuning

Old 09-19-2017, 06:29 PM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by 18bora
While I don't have experience with any of the US "tuners", I was told by a reliable source that most of them don't actually "tune" the car. They buy European tunes/flash tool and just flash your car........ If this is true, most of them should be the same!!!!

https://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/re...=&search=+w205

https://www.evc.de/en/product/ols/re...26R+Chiptuning

https://youtu.be/bF9JZc5rRqk
Apart from stirring up useless contentions, what value have you added to the thread? Even IF true, the sellers are not "the same," nor are their business ethics or practices.

What is your game if all you Drive is a VW?

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 09-19-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by PeterUbers

This was my biggest mistake doing the Kleemann ECU tune on my old '13 C300 sport. I didn't do a baseline before the tune and dyno. The 'butt dyno' said WOW!... but we had to really work the numbers to make them look good. We had to factor in dyno inefficiency, weather, and altitude to estimate 317hp...
Old 09-21-2017, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Haven't been around for a few months but I see you're still holding down the resident troll position around here...

Aaaaannnnnyyyywayyyyyyssss...

Relatively, AMR and OE are pretty much identical. AMR has a stronger stg1 tune but both stg2 tunes are pretty much identical. Either way, you're trying to split atoms if you're concerned about 10hp difference at these levels.

Choose your tune because of price and location. I got a holiday deal on mine last christmas so spending $800 vs $2,000 was very persuasive. Money wasn't high on my consideration list either but you have to be an absolute ******** if you don't consider $1,200 savings a significant factor. If that type of money isn't a factor for you, then why would you be driving a C-class in the first place...

As far as location, if you can drive to either of the tuners, then with consideration of price, choose that one. But if the closer tuner is just one state over, with overnight shipping, it might as well be 10 states away. So if you're shipping the ECU, we're back to where we started, choose the better priced tune.

And if squeezing every last ounce of available (for purchase at the moment) power out of your car isn't a main concern, I'd go with one of those $300 piggy-back plug in setups. I really like the idea behind those type of setups but my thirst for max power just wouldn't let me settle for ~50hp less than what is available.

Good luck and drive safe
The following 3 users liked this post by sean1.8t:
DameMD (09-21-2017), munis (09-22-2017), Tej7 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Former Member

CLS
Dude, Gunga is no troll.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
regarding AMR minimal gains over any other tuner.

Last edited by Star4life; 09-21-2017 at 04:03 PM.
getmercd (09-25-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 07:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Star4life
i dont think you can go wrong with any of the big 4.

AMR, OE, Euro, or JB piggy. Dinan may eventually come with something as well. just take whatever flavor you are feeling.
I did down pipes and AMR stage 2. My is Ridiculous faster. Best money I ever spent. 2017 c43.
The following 2 users liked this post by Anthony0169:
AMR Performance (10-30-2017), Blacked out E63 (11-01-2017)