Best C43 Winter Tires?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Best C43 Winter Tires?

Hi guys,

I am set to have a C43 Coupe sometime soon, and with that in mind winter is just around the corner where I am; and I want to be ready.
I have never purchased tires for a performance vehicle before, but know they can be often times be a hefty "maintenance" cost. At any rate, here is my question:

-What is the best cost effective winter tire for the C43 Coupe?

Ideally, I would like to get a tire that performs well, lasts multiple seasons, and upfront cost is lower. Thus far, I have heard of people using Michelin X-Ice and Bridgestone Blizzak.

Bonus question: For those who have had it done, what does the service cost for getting tires changed including man hours?
P.S. I know there are threads similar to this, but I wanted to focus specifically on the tire, not the wheel or wheel setup.

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 AM

C43 AMG Coupe
Bump, becoming more relevant. I am probably buying a c43 coupe today.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by FirstMBAMG
Hi guys,

I am set to have a C43 Coupe sometime soon, and with that in mind winter is just around the corner where I am; and I want to be ready.
I have never purchased tires for a performance vehicle before, but know they can be often times be a hefty "maintenance" cost. At any rate, here is my question:

-What is the best cost effective winter tire for the C43 Coupe?

Ideally, I would like to get a tire that performs well, lasts multiple seasons, and upfront cost is lower. Thus far, I have heard of people using Michelin X-Ice and Bridgestone Blizzak.

Bonus question: For those who have had it done, what does the service cost for getting tires changed including man hours?
P.S. I know there are threads similar to this, but I wanted to focus specifically on the tire, not the wheel or wheel setup.

Thanks everyone!
I have used the Pirelli Sottozero 3 tires for two winters here in NE Ohio and found them to be fantastic. I did not do a staggered arrangement like for summer tires, I just got 225/40R19 all the way around. No speedometer issues with this config.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...num=24HR9SZ3XL

I am a big fan of TireRack.com too. I hit a pothole last December and cracked a rim, blew my tire sidewall. TireRack got me a warranty replacement as I was in the 2-yr after purchase time period. Troublefree and peace of mind, really helped.

I get my tires changed at a local tire shop, costs me $130 or so total. You could probably find cheaper. A better approach would be a dedicated set of winter rims but obviously that's quite expensive.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by FirstMBAMG
Bump, becoming more relevant. I am probably buying a c43 coupe today.
Search the forum, the question has been answered multiple times that's why you're not getting an answer.

The "best" tire is subjective. You'll get different replies from everyone. You're better off doing your own research.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 AM

C43 AMG Coupe
Thanks Jehru! I appreciate your response. Will keep analyzing and looking for sure.