Sponsored by:

Anyone Did a Chrome Delete?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63S AMG Sedan
Anyone Did a Chrome Delete?

Hello, i am looking to do a chrome delete on my black C43 2017 sedan.. i will probly wrap le front lip and the diffuser and the rest plastidip since the lodo are small pieces.. is there any guide on how to remove the back logo and the front one? i was looking to do it but it seems like a big job.. thanks in advance!
Old 09-19-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
Originally Posted by kesmarc
Hello, i am looking to do a chrome delete on my black C43 2017 sedan.. i will probly wrap le front lip and the diffuser and the rest plastidip since the lodo are small pieces.. is there any guide on how to remove the back logo and the front one? i was looking to do it but it seems like a big job.. thanks in advance!
Usually to get the stick-on raised logos off you warm it up with a hair dryer and use waxed dental floss under the logo and they come right off. Putting them back on is another story! Take pics and measurements so you can get them back to the proper location!
The following users liked this post:
Stickboy (06-15-2020)
Old 09-23-2017, 09:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
I too am heading in that direction. As far as badge removal, warm with a dryer or heat gun and “floss” off with some 25lb fishing line. Floss works, but breaks easily.

Last weekend I wrapped the bars on the grill, and previously the diamonds.

This weekend I will be addressing the other chrome bits. I will be removing all badging, except the star.

i can update with pics as I go through this process.

on a side note, I have very little experience with vinyl. Just take your time, and it will turn out good.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
^^What's up with the lower couple of rows? Is that just reflection or are they a bit off? (not sure if fading or peeling is the right term here). And you put wrap on each one of those little diamonds?

At first I was looking for a 'night packaged' car and was a little bummed when I didn't end up with one. But after a little time, the little chrome bits really grew on me and I'm glad that I didn't find a car with the 'night pkg'. I really like how it contrasts the car and makes it look a little more special than your average c300. Especially with the front grill/lip. But if you have a black car, there is something sexy about a completely(EVERYTHING blacked out) murdered out car as well...
Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
^^What's up with the lower couple of rows? Is that just reflection or are they a bit off? (not sure if fading or peeling is the right term here). And you put wrap on each one of those little diamonds?

At first I was looking for a 'night packaged' car and was a little bummed when I didn't end up with one. But after a little time, the little chrome bits really grew on me and I'm glad that I didn't find a car with the 'night pkg'. I really like how it contrasts the car and makes it look a little more special than your average c300. Especially with the front grill/lip. But if you have a black car, there is something sexy about a completely(EVERYTHING blacked out) murdered out car as well...
I need to redo a couple of them. It’s was such a tedious job that I rushed the last few. I live in Houston, so the other weekend when Harvey was flooding the region I decided to detail my car and then wrap the diamonds. Had time on my hands as the city was shut down.

The diamonds were wrapped with little pieces cut to 1/2”x1/4”. I’m satisfied with the appearance. I wrapped some other chrome bits today, but decided to take it off.

As as much as I admire many different packages of the C43, I like mine with a little extra blacked out.

here’s some pics of the grill in progress.