C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amperage on USB ports under center console armrest?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Amperage on USB ports under center console armrest?

Does anybody know what the amperage in output is for the USB ports under the center console armrest? For context, I'm expecting to take delivery of 2018 C43 Coupe in about a month. I plan on doing a small DIY project of utilizing a center console storage box that you can buy online and attaching a Qi-compatible induction coil under it. That way I can charge Qi-enabled smartphones w/o plugging in. However, I this is wholly contingent on the USB ports putting out at least 1.5A.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-24-2017, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by kevjung
Does anybody know what the amperage in output is for the USB ports under the center console armrest? For context, I'm expecting to take delivery of 2018 C43 Coupe in about a month. I plan on doing a small DIY project of utilizing a center console storage box that you can buy online and attaching a Qi-compatible induction coil under it. That way I can charge Qi-enabled smartphones w/o plugging in. However, I this is wholly contingent on the USB ports putting out at least 1.5A.

Thanks for the help!
I do not believe they will provide enough amperage. They barely trickle charge my phone. I installed a 1.5A x2 low profile splitter in the cig lighter socket so that we could fast-charge our phones.