Help me pick a c43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 08:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Help me pick a c43

What’s up everyone,

As some of you may know from my previous posts I custom ordered a 18’ c43 back in June. Month after month MB keeps pushing my build back due to “part constraints” since I built it with every option possible. Originally, the car was supposed to be built 8/1, and is now pushed back to 11/1, with the fear it will continue that pattern. I may still wait but my sales manager has located 3 18’ c43s around my area that’s close to my build, with a few options missing. I’ll share all three cars with the color, and what’s missing.

Cardinal Red - $70,885

Missing:
Advanced lighting
Carbon fiber exterior package
HUD
Drivers assistance package

Magno Selenite Gray - $71,665

Missing:
Advanced lighting
AMG performance seats / porcelain interior instead of black w/red stitching
Air balance

Selenite Gray Metalic - $71,525

Missing:
Advanced lighting
Black seat belts
Air balance
HUD

My original build was white with black interior and red stitching / seat belts.

Which one of these would you guys go with. I really don’t wanna miss out on the advanced lighting but none of these cars have it. I like the illuminated AMG on the door sill, and I want the ambient lighting. For those that have the HUD, do you see yourself using it / enjoying it all the time or is it just another bell and whistle you could do without. Drivers assistance package originally was a must. It has 7 added features to the car, mostly for safety, but I was afraid they might overwhelm the driver when you’re trying to drive a little aggressive, though I’ve never really tested it on my test drive. I’m never going to be doing much highway driving for long periods of time either so cruise control isnt necessary but I felt it would be a cool option for when I wanted it.

Lmk what you guys think and which you’d go with. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by SkitsversuS; 09-25-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
What’s up everyone,

As some of you may know from my previous posts I custom ordered a 18’ c43 back in June. Month after month MB keeps pushing my build back due to “part constraints” since I built it with every option possible. Originally, the car was supposed to be built 8/1, and is now pushed back to 11/1, with the fear it will continue that pattern. I may still wait but my sales manager has located 3 18’ c43s around my area that’s close to my build, with a few options missing. I’ll share all three cars with the color, and what’s missing.

Cardinal Red - $70,885

Missing:
Advanced lighting
HUD

Missing:
Advanced lighting
Air balance

Missing:
Advanced lighting
Black seat belts
Air balance
HUD

Which one of these would you guys go with. I really don’t wanna miss out on the advanced lighting but none of these cars have it. I like the illuminated AMG on the door sill, and I want the ambient lighting. For those that have the HUD, do you see yourself using it / enjoying it all the time or is it just another bell and whistle you could do without. Drivers assistance package originally was a must. It has 7 added features to the car, mostly for safety, but I was afraid they might overwhelm the driver when you’re trying to drive a little aggressive, though I’ve never really tested it on my test drive. I’m never going to be doing much highway driving for long periods of time either so cruise control isnt necessary but I felt it would be a cool option for when I wanted it.

the selenite is missing less critical options IMO and therefor would probably go with it.

I think I would enjoy HUD, it's hard to keep track at how fast the revs climb when your mid corner, etc. and hitting the shifts manually.

I do not find drivers assistant too intrusive and everything can be turned off if you so please. I really enjoy it for long highway drives, it allows for a greater sense of relaxation and keeps me more vivid when arriving after long journeys.

Last edited by alexasa; 09-25-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:00 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by alexasa
the selenite is missing less critical options IMO and therefor would probably go with it.

I think I would enjoy HUD, it's hard to keep track at how fast the revs climb when your mid corner, etc. and hitting the shifts manually.

I do not find drivers assistant too intrusive and everything can be turned off if you so please. I really enjoy it for long highway drives, it allows for a greater sense of relaxation and keeps me more vivid when arriving after long journeys.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear it’s not too intrusive, makes the option more desirable.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear it’s not too intrusive, makes the option more desirable.
Dude, just wait, seriously. You won't be happy with any other car. It won't be 11/1 build date, trust me.
HUD, Adaptive LED headlights are a must options.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:42 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Dude, just wait, seriously. You won't be happy with any other car. It won't be 11/1 build date, trust me.
There’s literally no indication it’s going to be built before 11/1 or guarantee it won’t go past that date either. I’ve been waiting since May when I decided the c43 was the car I wanted over other options and placed the build. I’m just growing impatient.

What makes adaptive headlights a “must have” in your opinion?
Old 09-25-2017, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
Have a hard time seeing the value in adaptive headlights living in a city with well lit roads that are fairly straight. I'd definitely think differently if I did a lot of night driving in the country, however.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:47 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Yo Soil, I noticed in the review with SuburuWRXfan you debadged, and blacked out the grille and MB logo on the back. What method did you use to black out the MB logo where the rear view camera comes out of?
Old 09-29-2017, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Yo Soil, I noticed in the review with SuburuWRXfan you debadged, and blacked out the grille and MB logo on the back. What method did you use to black out the MB logo where the rear view camera comes out of?
It's painted, I went to OneEighty for a full chrome delete as even with the Night Package there are still plenty of chrome
Old 09-29-2017, 01:00 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
It's painted, I went to OneEighty for a full chrome delete as even with the Night Package there are still plenty of chrome
Which is why I waited for the 18 so I can get the studio package haha. Still obviously wont do the badges though so figured I'd ask.

OneEighty's out in BK, id make the trip if you really recommend them. Looks like they did a sick job.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
Is this a Coupe or Sedan ? I didn't see it specified. Anyway I will be ordering mine in late December so it comes late winter early spring. The only thing I see on those three, and that would kill it for me is that I really want Advanced Lighting. I don't care about the HUD, I don't want NAV, I'd rather have Apple Car Play, also don't care about CF.. Oh and for this kind of money I'd want the exterior and interior colors that I wanted..

What’s up everyone,

Cardinal Red - $70,885

Missing:
Advanced lighting
HUD

Missing:
Advanced lighting
Air balance

Missing:
Advanced lighting
Black seat belts
Air balance
HUD

Last edited by ErikM; 09-29-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
a

Last edited by waywayhooray; 02-03-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:06 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by waywayhooray
out of your three, i'd say this is the best
I too went the route for a custom that included the following options (which seems to be excluded from the 3 youve selected)
HUD (this is a cool feature and you dont have to take your eyes off the road to see how fast you're going. However, another member has posted that he recently ordered one with HUD and was informed it was not available)
Advantaged lighting (this definitely is a must get, as it further enhances the look of the lights, making it more aggressive than the other option (LED headlamps and tail lights). also, the whole adapting while you turn is really useful...so that you dont scuff your baby. in addition, the ambient lighting option is just beautiful)

i just made a post of my options and i think its one bad mamajama. if it is true that my car wont come with HUD, its still a nicely optioned car and i save 1000.
Yeah man, my build is fully loaded, I dont think I left a single option out. MSRP is $74,985 .. I dont want to miss out on anything but these part constraints are getting to be annoying. I'm losing patience and it sucks, I dont wanna settle for anything less than what I ordered.

Apparently since the allocation I took already had a HUD planned on it, I shouldnt have a problem. I also heard from the dealer after complaining so much about MB not giving me a reason for delaying my build that the night package is also causing issues. Blows my mind, literally just painting some parts of the car black lol.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
The carbon fiber exterior package is sweet. My thoughts would be to go with the first one.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
The only thing I can say is the following:
when I ordered a 2016 c450 (original model year of this model) there was a constraint on the 360 cameras. It was included in the park assistance package (which was about 1850$).. so I said, fine, just put in the park assist without the cameras.

Well, I MISS the cameras. I really wish I had them (more for the SO than anything else) but I feel like I should have just waited a few months and gotten exactly what we wanted.

So, the take away here is. If you KNOW what you want and it's going to be a few more months, they I would just WAIT for what you want.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:26 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by tivoboy
The only thing I can say is the following:
when I ordered a 2016 c450 (original model year of this model) there was a constraint on the 360 cameras. It was included in the park assistance package (which was about 1850$).. so I said, fine, just put in the park assist without the cameras.

Well, I MISS the cameras. I really wish I had them (more for the SO than anything else) but I feel like I should have just waited a few months and gotten exactly what we wanted.

So, the take away here is. If you KNOW what you want and it's going to be a few more months, they I would just WAIT for what you want.
Little update..

I ended up waiting. Dealer says its scheduled to be produced October 18th, and I should get it the first or second week in November. I realized if I went with something else I'd end up kicking my self in the *** for years to come.

IF it gets delayed within the next week or two, theres a 2017 c43 coupe on the lot that is fully loaded. Only thing its missing from my build is the carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber interior, AMG performance seats and HUD.

Well see how it plays out.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
Little update..

I ended up waiting. Dealer says its scheduled to be produced October 18th, and I should get it the first or second week in November. I realized if I went with something else I'd end up kicking my self in the *** for years to come.

IF it gets delayed within the next week or two, theres a 2017 c43 coupe on the lot that is fully loaded. Only thing its missing from my build is the carbon fiber mirrors, carbon fiber interior, AMG performance seats and HUD.

Well see how it plays out.
When was your order officially placed with the dealer?