Sponsored by:

Help Looking to Buy spacers!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63S AMG Sedan
Help Looking to Buy spacers!!

Hello i am currently looking to buy spacer for my c43 2017 sedan on the 19''inch setup. what is the spacer i should get? any people have link for website? would help alot.. (need to ship in canada)
Old 09-28-2017, 01:27 AM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Here ya go: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...2411ecs03akt3/

I actually have a set of these with bolts that are slightly used (less than 1000 miles) if you’re interested.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:29 AM

C63S AMG Sedan
Do these fit my c43? If yes how much you want for them?
Old 09-28-2017, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
are you needing spacers for front and rear? the 15mm posted will be too much for the front on an unlowered car. if you are lowered, its the max you should go.

the rear will look wierd if you only do 15 in rear.

if unlowered 10mm max front and 15mm max rear.

if lowered 15mm max front and 20mm max rear.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:48 AM

C63S AMG Sedan
Thanks for the heads up. Im stock so i think i should go with what u said.. juste need a good place to buy them cheap... also i am stage 2.. will it change my driving?
Old 09-28-2017, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by kesmarc
Thanks for the heads up. Im stock so i think i should go with what u said.. juste need a good place to buy them cheap... also i am stage 2.. will it change my driving?
H&R makes the only 10mm spacer that works with front wheels. rear wheels you can use pretty much any 15mm spacer including one posted above.

make sure to get longer lug bolts as well. M14 x 1.5 x 27mm +spacer width

R14 ball seat.

I may have a pair of the H&R special 10mm still BNIB that I have not used. I will be returning them to ECS but i can sell to you if youd like. I also have a pair of H&R 15mm for rear. I dont like the ECS spacers because they have white writing on side you can see through the wheel. I prefer the H&R because they are all black.

pm me if interested.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:57 AM

C63S AMG Sedan
how much do you want for your spacer? i am interested
Old 09-28-2017, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by kesmarc
how much do you want for your spacer? i am interested
you can pm me if interested. its probably not your best bet since i can return to ecs for full refund all i must do is pay for shipping since they are unused. id give you whatever the normal price is minus the shipping cost.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
Whats the point of spacers with stock wheels?? It's not like it's going to handle any better..
Old 09-28-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 Audi Q5 3.0T, 2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by ErikM
Whats the point of spacers with stock wheels?? It's not like it's going to handle any better..
I don't know. I think widening the track of the car does make the car handle better, no? experienced voices please speak up.

besides that, it will make things look better...which, I believe is why most people use spacers
Old 09-28-2017, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
when i was trying out spacers the other day, i had put spacers on the left side of the car to test fitment. i did a test drive. it actually felt much more planted with the rear spaced out. the front made a difference with cornering characteristics. i would imagine spacing oem wheels out on the c43/450 makes the car feel closer to the c63 wider stance. i will know next week what wdening the track does once i get my performance setup on.

initial impression was the turn in was extremely responsive on the right turn where the left side takes the force.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
Originally Posted by Star4life
when i was trying out spacers the other day, i had put spacers on the left side of the car to test fitment. i did a test drive. it actually felt much more planted with the rear spaced out. the front made a difference with cornering characteristics. i would imagine spacing oem wheels out on the c43/450 makes the car feel closer to the c63 wider stance. i will know next week what wdening the track does once i get my performance setup on.

initial impression was the turn in was extremely responsive on the right turn where the left side takes the force.
absolutely agree. When I had 15's in the rear the car felt more planted. I felt more of a difference in this car than I had in any prior by adding spacers, and I have thrown 25mm spacers on my past audis (I still didn't feel as much of an improvement as I did throwing 15mm on the MB).
Old 09-28-2017, 05:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
none yet
I find this hard to believe.. Not saying you don't feel a difference. I suspect MB engineers spend an awful lot of time driving and tuning the suspension and wheel/tire size setup.. If this total of about an inch makes such a big difference why not ( if you're MB) just spec a wheel with 15mm more negative offset, cost zero dollars to do this..But hey what do I know :-) I believe you absolutely feel a difference but that doesn't mean it's necessarily better...
Old 09-28-2017, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by ErikM
I find this hard to believe.. Not saying you don't feel a difference. I suspect MB engineers spend an awful lot of time driving and tuning the suspension and wheel/tire size setup.. If this total of about an inch makes such a big difference why not ( if you're MB) just spec a wheel with 15mm more negative offset, cost zero dollars to do this..But hey what do I know :-) I believe you absolutely feel a difference but that doesn't mean it's necessarily better...
as an automotive engineer i can tell you we do spend a lot of time driving tuning and testing. but the two things that trumps all else is cost, and what will sell. and they arent going to put a c63 wheel setup on a c43 which is essentially what we are doing. that is why they didnt give us the wide front fenders. cost and seperation from the next model up. the c63 has a wider track and there is a reason for it. and they couldnt spec the wider track in front due to fender size. OEM is always conservative for many reasons.

the stock c43 front setup is probably more aggressive than they had hoped due to suspension design.

But a wider track is usually better for performance. Once i can get on freeway ill see how much it tramlines if any. my guess is that it wont given its essentially the same setup as the c63. so it is better for performance and a difference can be felt. will it be better for a daily family car, we will see. the negatives to a wider track can be suspension geometry issues, (which for this car as long as you go with wider wheels to make it poke more the geometry should remain close enough or exact. more noise due to more surface area with ground, worse mpg due to more friction, and worse ride if the setup gets heavier. But all of these issues can be solved with lighter wider wheels.

Spacing the stock wheels may only give the geometry an issue so the question is, is it too much to where it throws it too far from spec.