Car Cost Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 10:03 PM
BEH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A6
Question Car Cost Canada

Has anybody in Canada used Car Cost Canada or Unhaggle?
If so, any comments?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:12 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by BEH
If so, any comments?
Car Cost Canada is a great tool. I have been using it for years prior to every car purchase - mainly to understand what the margin on the vehicle is, as well as the margin on each package I want on the vehicle. Sometimes % margin varies pretty substantially between a base vehicle and a vehicle with lots of bells and whistles. It's best to make an informed decision and not default to thinking that your SA will always willingly give you all the right numbers.
The following users liked this post:
BEH (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 08:03 PM
BEH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi A6
Just joined Car Cost Canada.
I will be ordering a C43 Coupe over the winter for a spring delivery.
It will be exactly how I want it.
I have made the mistake in the past of not getting exactly what I want and have been sorry for as long as I have owned the car which is typically at least 5 years.
Will post my experience using Car Cost Canada.

Last edited by BEH; 10-01-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 AM

Received 381 Likes on 244 Posts
Bogus Results from Unhaggle

I ordered a C43 in January of 2017 and received it in the middle of May.

After much research, I decided exactly the config/build I wanted and prepared a message that I ultimately sent to a small set of dealers inviting them to bid on the vehicle (explaining that I'd make my decision based upon the bids, how I'd been treated when visiting various dealers and some data points I had on reputation ... 1 bid only, no disclosure to others, no haggling after the bids were received).

Before sending out the bid requests, I got an Unhaggle report and sales contact. Turned out that the sales contact was with a dealership that wouldn't provide a written bid without me visiting them in person. Essentially, it looks like they've become an Unhaggle contact to help ensure that you don't haggle ... at least not with other dealers.

Needless to say, I purchased from one of the (few) dealerships that actually provided a bid, had a good reputation and also happened to have the best price. I've actually been very happy with this dealership.

The car had 2 defects, 1 relatively easy and one not so easy. The dealer simply "dug in," worked with MBZ on the "not so easy" one and got it fixed. I've driven Mercedes since the early 80's and used to say that "The worst thing about owning a Mercedes is having to deal with the dealers!" My current dealer has curtailed those comments and earned my respect and constant recommendation to others.

If you're purchasing a car, I'd recommend this kind of approach to the purchase process ... and view places like Unhaggle with a suspicious eye. Overall, I figure I ended up saving close to $5K CAD on the total "out the door" purchase.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by BEH
If so, any comments?

I used unhaggle when I bought my C450, a sales rep from a local MB dealer contacted me when I submitted the form. We got the numbers down to a very reasonable % off from MSRP.

Go the deal done in less than 30 mins