Sponsored by:

Turbo problem at 10,000 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
hey guys, i found my issue. intake hose was coming off between IC and throttle body. took me about 10 minutes to slip back on and tighten up.

the reason i posted here is because an intake leak is really not a hard problem to solve as usually if leak is big enough it can be pinpointed either visually or audibly. i figured if mine came off which should not be happening stock, then others may have had issues as well as seen in the OP. my dealer is 1 hour away from me plus gas and time not having my car. plus i always cringe letting them have my vehicle as i dont like letting other people touch my car. not all the techs love your car as much as you do.

so 10 minutes vs hours sounds like a good trade off. These mercedes although much more electrified now, still comes down to similar parts mechanically. People get scared off with these new cars, cause they seem so complicated. Take off the fancy engine cover and you'll see there are a lot of familiar parts under the hood. For those that feel/live the life that this is just a mid level mercedes daily driver to them, sure take it to the dealer dont worry about it.

But for the car guys out there who love their car and want to know how it works, thats what the forums are for. this is why i posted and why i love to see others post.

for reference, i am young. not an old guy senior etc. i care about my vehicle and its well being and i can guarantee that i take more care than the tech at mercedes that has 30 minutes to get my car in an out of the shop. the dealer is running a business. and especially with issues pertaining to noise and no check engine light, such as intake leaks etc, if they dont find the issue and able to replace parts etc, they cant bill warranty to mercedes and cant make money. they get upset. your car is not important, things happen. then you have to go through a legal battle if something is wrong with car blah blah blah. its same old and ive seen it posted on forum multiple times.

yes if engine needs replacement, by all means use that warranty, but for a few minutes under the hood, take some pride in your car.

also some of you are not giving the forum enough credit. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on here. ever since i owned my 95 c220, this forum has helped me solve problems to get me back up and running. ive also given back to problems and solutions i have found and shared them. the forum is a great place to ask for help. not sure what you are talking about.

Last edited by Star4life; 07-16-2018 at 10:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Star4life:
jonathan358 (07-17-2018), munis (07-16-2018)
Old 02-04-2019, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Star4life
hey guys, i found my issue. intake hose was coming off between IC and throttle body. took me about 10 minutes to slip back on and tighten up.

the reason i posted here is because an intake leak is really not a hard problem to solve as usually if leak is big enough it can be pinpointed either visually or audibly. i figured if mine came off which should not be happening stock, then others may have had issues as well as seen in the OP. my dealer is 1 hour away from me plus gas and time not having my car. plus i always cringe letting them have my vehicle as i dont like letting other people touch my car. not all the techs love your car as much as you do.

so 10 minutes vs hours sounds like a good trade off. These mercedes although much more electrified now, still comes down to similar parts mechanically. People get scared off with these new cars, cause they seem so complicated. Take off the fancy engine cover and you'll see there are a lot of familiar parts under the hood. For those that feel/live the life that this is just a mid level mercedes daily driver to them, sure take it to the dealer dont worry about it.

But for the car guys out there who love their car and want to know how it works, thats what the forums are for. this is why i posted and why i love to see others post.

for reference, i am young. not an old guy senior etc. i care about my vehicle and its well being and i can guarantee that i take more care than the tech at mercedes that has 30 minutes to get my car in an out of the shop. the dealer is running a business. and especially with issues pertaining to noise and no check engine light, such as intake leaks etc, if they dont find the issue and able to replace parts etc, they cant bill warranty to mercedes and cant make money. they get upset. your car is not important, things happen. then you have to go through a legal battle if something is wrong with car blah blah blah. its same old and ive seen it posted on forum multiple times.

yes if engine needs replacement, by all means use that warranty, but for a few minutes under the hood, take some pride in your car.

also some of you are not giving the forum enough credit. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on here. ever since i owned my 95 c220, this forum has helped me solve problems to get me back up and running. ive also given back to problems and solutions i have found and shared them. the forum is a great place to ask for help. not sure what you are talking about.
Will have to take a look, mine started to feel very weak. Can’t get over 250HP on the Engine Data screen.