C43 AMG standard exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 09:20 AM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG
I was in the same boat as Mbmhyu I was going to sell the car. I retrofit PE

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-complete.html

All the comments that says it doesnt sound the same becuase of ECU etc are incorrect. I sounds exactly the same.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
This is so interesting... Im literally in the same boat. I bought a c43 non-PE car a couple weeks ago. Silly me, it was a dealer trade, so I didnt take into account PE necessarily. It was the color spec and wheels I wanted, so boom, I bought the car literally in a Starbucks parking lot, site-un-seen... Stupid, but it happened! Now, im indifferent to the whole thing. Find a c63 that has what I want or stick with my incredible C43 and put some $$$ into a couple little things to make it more meaty and have more guts. Because its later in the model year, I may just do that and keep my eye out for 2020 deals that arise, but nonetheless, I love my car, just wish it had more sound effects!
Old 07-11-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C43
Hi Stevolee

I live in Taiwan and a "basic" C43 AMG model is about USD 113,000 depends on how you negotiate. (Thanks to import tax)
I am an owner of 2018 C43. In the beginning I was so struggle on the PE option and finally gave up PE because of narrow streets and close neighborhoods... I don't want the car too loud. I figured Hong Kong probably the same.
360+ HP is a waste here. That's also why I did not go for a C63 neither.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by stevolee
Just get it over with. At first I wanted the PE sound, and I also wanted to sell the car that I just bought.
after I have been driving the c43 for over a year , I don’t care how it sounds. If you turn on s+ mode and you floor the gas, your car will have good enough sound. Now I think the exhaust sounding system is pretty stupid and I’m glad my c43 doesn’t have PE exhaust.
I am from Hong Kong. My car did not equip with PE as I thought it is unnecessary and silly thing. Having imagined how the PE sound would be for long, I finally retrofitted the PE. No regret at all. It worth every penny because it makes my car totally different. Anyone underestimate C43 and went up against me, I just floor on the gas,.... the terrify sound will speak for itself....