Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 05:37 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
20 E350, 19 E300, 18 C43, 17 E250, 14 ML350 , 13 C300 , 11 C350
Originally Posted by Xec
Do a search guys, these rattles and issues are common across all body styles

You even see lots of E63S owners with the same complaints

I don’t think it’s a production location issue at all. Sad reality is that these cars by design, with all the different interior materials and plastics, will probably be prone to rattles and other noises

Best course of action is to test drive before delivery, especially if you can find some rougher roads, and check before buying
Sorry to say, but all my German built cars have been better quality by a huge margin then my American built MB's. I'm actually exclusively driving E classes now due to the C class quality being very poor. It's a running joke with my friends at Mercedes.

Agree with the test drive - regardless of manufacturer or place of production.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 & S4
Have the same color, love it. Replaced run-flats with Michelins but need to replace wheels also. Can you advise what wheels/size you have in this picture?

I have an older supercharged S4 that will have to be pulled out of my hands before I give it up - its a great car, probably better than the B9 versions.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:11 AM

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 E400 Coupe
I was dead set on buying a 2019 C43 but took a demo for a run and decided I would not be happy with the rattles. My 2015 coupe has not had 1 rattle in the four and a half years I have owned it.

The worst car I ever owned was a 2000 V8 S class Jaguar that I bought new. One very hot day it was parked on a roof top car park and I got in it. I tried to start it but it would not turn over. I tried to get out but it locked all the doors, I pushed the unlock button but it would lock immediately, I tried to open the windows but it would not let me do that, after 15 minutes in 40 degree sunlight I panicked and called the service agent. They came within ten minutes and let me out. I was soaked in sweat. The service manager hit me with the old one about it being the first time etc. another time I was driving home from work in pouring rain and the drivers window just fell out. What a POS that was.
Had a couple of other lemons too like the new Rover, I had to hit the brakes hard and the car stopped but the front windscreen Kept going and hit the car in front. The driver got out and wanted to kill me until he saw what happened then we both nearly died laughing at the wretched quality.

Had a new Nissan Z car I bought in 1990 and at the 800 kms mark the brakes simply failed. Took it back to the dealer and they did not believe me. The service manager took it for a drive and came back white as a ghost. Nissan gave me a replacement car and lord knows what happened to my original one, apparently they had to ship it back to Japan.
The following users liked this post:
Baldur! (12-23-2019)