Sponsored by:

Reverse /parking audio warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
Reverse /parking audio warning

Hello experts I am new to here. Finally I got the C43 amg last week. However, I found that I did not have the audio warning when I in reverse. I searched the forum realized that the sensor comes with Parktronic package............ such a shame....A 60k+ car does not have this as standards??? The back up camera range is pretty wide but think about when parking on the street, a little child running towards to rear side from corner and the driver doesn`t aware, that is terrible .....
I don`t have questions while using the camera but it is better to have additional beeps warning to stop.

Is it too late to ask dealer to add the Parktronic package on?
Did anyone know where can I add this sensor? and Cost?

Thank you so much in advance.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by voiceleon
Hello experts I am new to here. Finally I got the C43 amg last week. However, I found that I did not have the audio warning when I in reverse. I searched the forum realized that the sensor comes with Parktronic package............ such a shame....A 60k+ car does not have this as standards??? The back up camera range is pretty wide but think about when parking on the street, a little child running towards to rear side from corner and the driver doesn`t aware, that is terrible .....
I don`t have questions while using the camera but it is better to have additional beeps warning to stop.

Is it too late to ask dealer to add the Parktronic package on?
Did anyone know where can I add this sensor? and Cost?

Thank you so much in advance.
Congrats on your car. Call your dealer. They will be able to answer your questions better than anyone here.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320
I agree. There is an audible beep for the blind spot indicator if you put on your directional signal, so why nothing for the back bumper when it comes within a foot or two of an object? I've yet to determine whether there's any kind of visual indicator (flashing symbol etc) either .. and I often open the driver's door to take a look if in my garage. Usually I've got way more room than I thought .. hard to gauge on a new car. This isn't cameras all around the car, it's a simple sensor and warning tone. But that's how all these cars make money, by making even necessities optional and additional.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:34 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
If you have the parking sensors there are visual and audio warnings. The audio warning doesn't really come on until you're maybe less than foot away from the object. The visual cue while in reverse is on the headliner looking back. There's a strip, as you get close to the object more lights light up until it's red, when red that's when it beeps.

Going Forward while parking, the visual cue is on your dash. Same concept, adds more yellow lines then eventually turns red at which point it will beep.

Keep in mind there's different packages in different countries so i'm not sure what countries and what packages have it or don't. If you do have it that's how it works.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by threefirs
Congrats on your car. Call your dealer. They will be able to answer your questions better than anyone here.
Thank you! I checked sales, they cannot install the radars now....
Old 11-06-2017, 01:18 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by tpmbz67
I agree. There is an audible beep for the blind spot indicator if you put on your directional signal, so why nothing for the back bumper when it comes within a foot or two of an object? I've yet to determine whether there's any kind of visual indicator (flashing symbol etc) either .. and I often open the driver's door to take a look if in my garage. Usually I've got way more room than I thought .. hard to gauge on a new car. This isn't cameras all around the car, it's a simple sensor and warning tone. But that's how all these cars make money, by making even necessities optional and additional.
YES! So true! This is how they make money. If we want audio warning, we need pay additional 1K+ with useless function (just for me) I probably never gonna use it.....
Thank you for sharing your thoughts
Old 11-06-2017, 01:21 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by jerhu
If you have the parking sensors there are visual and audio warnings. The audio warning doesn't really come on until you're maybe less than foot away from the object. The visual cue while in reverse is on the headliner looking back. There's a strip, as you get close to the object more lights light up until it's red, when red that's when it beeps.

Going Forward while parking, the visual cue is on your dash. Same concept, adds more yellow lines then eventually turns red at which point it will beep.

Keep in mind there's different packages in different countries so i'm not sure what countries and what packages have it or don't. If you do have it that's how it works.
Thank you! I live in North America. I asked my sales man, he confirmed that the audio warning comes with the parktronic package.... I thought it would be the standard feature. Even toyota / honda has the function.......