Sponsored by:

Horrible creaking noise / Center console or dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Horrible creaking noise / Center console or dash

6,700 miles on my 2017 coupe......have had this problem since about 2,000 miles.

The creaking seems to be coming from the right side dash or console area...I can't ID exactly where.

Happens mostly in the morning on my 30 mile drive to work. I live in LA. Speed bumps and driveways exacerbate the problem.

End of the day drive home, no creak!!

This really is driving me crazy. Radio can barely drown out the noise.

I can't believe I spent $67K on a friggin car the incessantly creaks every morning on my daily commute.

I guess I have to take it in for evaluation.......anybody else have an issue like this?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2017, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
I think I know what are you talking about, I also have a "ghost" creak coming from the right side on the windshield. Each time I get the car to the dealer it's silent...
Old 08-25-2017, 01:19 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
I think I know what are you talking about, I also have a "ghost" creak coming from the right side on the windshield. Each time I get the car to the dealer it's silent...
Right..........unless I can re-create the problem for the dealer, it will never get fixed. Even if I can, by the time a mechanic looks at it, can't guarantee the creak will be there.....it's intermittent.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
A long shot... do you happen to keep sunglasses in the overhead compartment and only wear them on the way home? Someone else on this forum mentioned he had a rattle that turned out to be his sunglasses.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:47 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by GordonGEICO
A long shot... do you happen to keep sunglasses in the overhead compartment and only wear them on the way home? Someone else on this forum mentioned he had a rattle that turned out to be his sunglasses.
Thank you for the tip. Yes, I have tried many things to identify the problem. With creaks, they are so difficult to know where they are coming from. If I had to guess, it sounds like it's coming from where the dashboard meets the windshield glass. Deep down.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by rangehound
Thank you for the tip. Yes, I have tried many things to identify the problem. With creaks, they are so difficult to know where they are coming from. If I had to guess, it sounds like it's coming from where the dashboard meets the windshield glass. Deep down.
Yeah, the same exact area…
Old 08-25-2017, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Take a video and being it to dealer.
Often, even a second person in the car can change how rattles behave.
Dealers always send two people....
Old 08-28-2017, 02:12 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Yeah, the same exact area…

What if anything have you done to fix the creaking?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2017, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
What if anything have you done to fix the creaking?

Thanks
Nothing, don't even know where to start lol
Old 11-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C43 Sedan
Creaks from Center console

6,700 miles on my 2017 coupe......have had this problem since about 2,000 miles.

The creaking seems to be coming from the right side dash or console area...I can't ID exactly where.

Happens mostly in the morning on my 30 mile drive to work. I live in LA. Speed bumps and driveways exacerbate the problem.

End of the day drive home, no creak!!

This really is driving me crazy. Radio can barely drown out the noise.

I can't believe I spent $67K on a friggin car the incessantly creaks every morning on my daily commute.

I guess I have to take it in for evaluation.......anybody else have an issue like this?

Thanks
I am having the same issues with creaks/ noise coming from somewhere around the center console. Dealer has replace the command center console, did not rectify issue. Brought the car back, technician identified the noise as coming from the molding around the center console. They installed felt tape under molding, did not rectify issue. The car went back in this time they had it for 4 Days, all I was told is that they installed more felt tape. When I picked up the car, there was white residue all along the molding and onto the black Center console, apparently they used some type of glue. They cleaned it up but the white residue came back a few hours later. So now they want to replace the entire center console. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer. Needless to say I’m not happy with my first Mercedes.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2016 C63s
A lot of us with the 63 models have had the same problems. There are a lot of discussions about it. Maybe look at what some our problems have been. Could help to pin point the problem. For some it was the Heads Up display or Infotainment screen. Mine was a lose strut brace in the engine bay in front of the driver. It would creak when it was cold outside.