Sponsored by:

Production delays?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Production delays?

I have a C43 (sedan) on order and dealer says the factory has just pushed the build date to Jan. 3rd (vs. previous commit of the the first week of Dec.). Is anyone else experiencing similar build date push outs or is my dealer feeding me a line of bull? The back story is that I came to this dealer only because they provided a Dec build date vs, my local dealer providing a late Jan build date. It feels like they just told me what I wanted to hear to get the sale. Needless to say, I’m not a happy camper right now.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by jmcd
I have a C43 (sedan) on order and dealer says the factory has just pushed the build date to Jan. 3rd (vs. previous commit of the the first week of Dec.). Is anyone else experiencing similar build date push outs or is my dealer feeding me a line of bull? The back story is that I came to this dealer only because they provided a Dec build date vs, my local dealer providing a late Jan build date. It feels like they just told me what I wanted to hear to get the sale. Needless to say, I’m not a happy camper right now.
I believe AMG takes an extended holiday break in Dec and all production ceases until they come back in Jan (I remember my dealer telling me this when I was considering custom-ordering my car).