Retrofit static LED headlights from halogen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 01:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG
Unhappy Retrofit static LED headlights from halogen

Hi all,

New member here and looking for some advice from the brothers in here. I purchased a 2018 C43 last month and I didn’t realize it doesn’t come with LED headlight until I drove it home from the dealer after dark! As I saw the spec sheet has LED daytime running light, so I thought it has LED headlights...

I previously drove a CLA250 and the white LED lights were amazing, which made my C43 with halogen lights looked horrible. The next day I immediately started seaching for ways to retrofit LED headlights. Dealer told me they can’t do it. Currently I have replaced the low beam halogen bulbs with LED conversion kits, it is white and super bright. But the headlight is still not as attractive/aggressive as the OEM LED headlights.

Based on my research in the forum, I know retrofitting the dynamic LED headlights will be extremely difficult, which I don’t think I will go there. However, for static LED headlights, I couldn’t find an exact answer. A brother was able to do it with some rewiring, but he also made a post with the steps which didn’t mention any rewiring. I hope someone can give me some light if it really require rewiring or not...thanks!

Steps didn’t mention rewiring
https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/merced...dlights-384224

Steps mentioned rewiring
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ransplant.html
Old 01-07-2018, 01:43 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
I'm pretty sure you will need to rewire...

Also, the 1st link is made 2 months after the CLA "eye surgery" thread, with the contribution of the 2nd link's author.
The following users liked this post:
MBkent (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG
Ah...thanks. I think I am not going to mess with the wiring myself then. Any idea how much it would cost if I take it to the auto shop for retrofitting and rewiring?