Sponsored by:

Racechip GTS Black installation help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
If you buy the app, all you do is plug and go. And, yes, they will fine tune YOUR chip, remotely, if needed. No, they will not set up the chip for you, remotely. Buy the app.
Old 02-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Former Member

CLS
Do you want my phone number by pm?
Old 02-11-2018, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C43 AMG
Hi all,

New C43 Estate Owner here from the UK.

Considering the racechip and have a couple of questions if I may:-

1. What are the warranty implications for using the race chip? As it's essentially a piggyback module I have been lead to believe these can be removed from the car when servicing, and leave no trace that any modification exists should an issue arise. Is this accurate?
2. How does this module compare with the brabus eco powerxtra b30-410, is that essentially the same (other than the Brabus name) but at a significant price hike or is it somehow different? It looks just like a tuning box similar to the racechip...

Thanks,
Chris.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by Chrisoldinho
Hi all,

1. What are the warranty implications for using the race chip? As it's essentially a piggyback module I have been lead to believe these can be removed from the car when servicing, and leave no trace that any modification exists should an issue arise. Is this accurate?
2. How does this module compare with the brabus eco powerxtra b30-410, is that essentially the same (other than the Brabus name) but at a significant price hike or is it somehow different? It looks just like a tuning box similar to the racechip...

Thanks,
Chris.
Hi, Chris!

1. It takes no more than five minutes to remove but whether it leaves a trace, who knows, I don’t.

2. As for the Brabus thingy, I’ve no experience with other chips except the Dinan Sport which did nothing for my C450.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Mercedes E450 coupe
I have an 2018 E400 and use the GTS Black. I have the setting at 7 with no issues. Fabulous acceleration. I run the car mostly in Sport which is exhilarating.
What a difference! Only 2 spots for sensor connections, not 3 as with the E43 engine and received pictures with the exact placement. The folks at RaceChip
are very responsive and helpful.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by Chrisoldinho
Hi all,

Thanks,
Chris.
have you considered Kleemann also?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
All piggy backs are all basically the same. They all trick the ecu’s to add more boost. And as far as I know, the only one that lets you adjust parameters is the one from BMS.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GLC43
Just installed mi e in my GLC43 and initial impression is well worth the money. Curious, does the Racechip override the stock settings (do the stock c, s and s+ still function the same when you are in one of the Race Chip modes)?
Old 03-25-2018, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 Mercedes E450 coupe
Toogecko,

All transmission settings, chassis settings, etc remain active (C, S, & S+). I enjoy driving in S in the city and C on the freeway where not much more than a crawl mostly.

I don't know about the Racechip settings in the app as I didn't get that. My adjustment at the Racechip ECU is set at 6. At 7, the highest setting, I had some engine light issues and occassional roughness.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GLC43
I appreciate the response. I got everything hooked up yesterday and took it out for a test drive after activating the Bluetooth app. Need to check today under the hood what the default setting is and whether I need to tweak. My first impression was much more power and acceleration and whenI put it in Sport+ and Race, the power was much more immediate and smooth. I have observed that Sport+ as it exists bone stock, shifted a bit jerky, not smooth. Though not an ECU tune, this appears to be a great compromise of power vs. warranty concern. Once I get the wire loom tucked up like I want, I expect it will be a 5 min. off and on installation. Very well made product, only improvement I would like to see is at the sensor connection. I think the folks at Racechip could continue to refine this to give a more stock-like installation by making the wire loom a more custom fit for each vehicle. Given the length on the connections, I suspect it is more of a one size fits many approach ( which I get from an economics of manufacture standpoint).
Old 03-25-2018, 04:19 PM

Received 359 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by TOOGECKO
Curious, does the Racechip override the stock settings (do the stock c, s and s+ still function the same when you are in one of the Race Chip modes)?
The following post provides some detail on this:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7309364