Lemon C43 Bought back by MBUSA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 10:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C43
Lemon C43 Bought back by MBUSA

Hi all,
I just went through the MBUSA buy back process of my C43, and would like to have a writeup to benefit C43 owners who is also suffering from the same issues.
I bought my C43 in April 2017. Since day one I am experiencing the rocking back and forth and it never go away or being fixed. I also found that in low gear 1st 2nd 3rd, it shifts really rough in all modes. Frequently, I can even hear a deep knocking sound when downshifting from 3-2 and feel someone is kicking your back. Brought my car back to dealer multiple time with no luck. They returned the car saying its improved after adaptation reset or software refresh, but never cured it. I finally expressed I wanted it to be fixed and test drove with technician. This time, it took them 3 months to fix, but still with no success. They even had the tranny replaced, but still... you know it. Apparently dealer has no clue what they can do now. With the emotion of helpless and upset, I called mbusa and request for buyback review. After 3 weeks mbusa approved my case and a third party contacted me for the buyback process. I got full refund to end this trouble. Now what's next?

Below are all the issues I had with my car during the 1 year ownership.
1.Rocking back and forth
2.Rough shift in low gear with knocking sound
3.Broken rear coil over shock
3.Broken wind shield wipers
4. Rattles in door seal, head rest, hand rest, top speaker cover, glove box, front trim peice
5. Keyless entry not working occasionally

Some points I don't like are
1.Deadly stiff ride
2.two of my tires killed by potholes

Other than above issue, this car works perfectly fine.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:26 AM

2018 C43 Coupe, Iridium silver; 2017 GLC 300
Coupe or Sedan??

Originally Posted by hhcheng23
Hi all,
I just went through the MBUSA buy back process of my C43, and would like to have a writeup to benefit C43 owners who is also suffering from the same issues.
I bought my C43 in April 2017. Since day one I am experiencing the rocking back and forth and it never go away or being fixed. I also found that in low gear 1st 2nd 3rd, it shifts really rough in all modes. Frequently, I can even hear a deep knocking sound when downshifting from 3-2 and feel someone is kicking your back. Brought my car back to dealer multiple time with no luck. They returned the car saying its improved after adaptation reset or software refresh, but never cured it. I finally expressed I wanted it to be fixed and test drove with technician. This time, it took them 3 months to fix, but still with no success. They even had the tranny replaced, but still... you know it. Apparently dealer has no clue what they can do now. With the emotion of helpless and upset, I called mbusa and request for buyback review. After 3 weeks mbusa approved my case and a third party contacted me for the buyback process. I got full refund to end this trouble. Now what's next?

1.Rocking back and forth
4. Rattles in door seal, head rest, hand rest, top speaker cover, glove box, front trim peice

1.Deadly stiff ride

I am hoping this was a 'bama built sedan. My 18 Coupe has been doing great. Oh-oh, hope I didnt just jinx it.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Sonata 2.0T
It happens. Nick Murray, from YouTube, had a situation with a new 911. Fortunately there are laws to protect the customer under such circumstances. Porsche bought it back and he has since purchased a new 911 and is quite happy with it.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
I realize that you had some problems and you were pretty unhappy with the car, but it seems like pretty good customer service to buy your car back.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I may be going down this same road with my C450. MB seems unable to resolve the suspension issue and they've thrown a lot of parts and labor at it. I contacted MBUSA customer service, got a call back the following day, was told it would be 2-4 weeks for follow up and resolution. I'm negotiating directly with them and not using legal counsel at this time. I'm hoping to just trade for a replacement. I loved the car until the suspension started failing.

Last edited by Mr. J; 03-13-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by CFG

mb is demanding to record the conversation, right? Tell em you don’t consent UNLESS MB agrees all statements are made in the course of negotiation contemplating settlement so it’s not admissible into evidence. Stinking snakes tried to pull this on me....
Good advice. Thank you!
Old 03-14-2018, 02:16 AM

2017 AMG C43, 2004 G35 coupe
Hi all,

1.Rocking back and forth

1.Deadly stiff ride

I believe many of us here have experienced most of the issues you mentioned with the car. I am surprised that they deemed it a lemon for that and bought it back. Good for you.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
my car had more than half these problems as well. Surprised you got it lemoned.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:02 AM

2018 C43 Coupe, Iridium silver; 2017 GLC 300
Above folks with alot of quality issues. I gotta ask, was it a US sedan or German made coupe. Also is the 450 made stateside as well?
Old 03-14-2018, 04:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43
Is anyone seeing these same flaws in the 2018 cars?
Old 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C43 Sedan
Hi all,

1.Rocking back and forth

1.Deadly stiff ride

I tried to get MB to get me out of my 2017 C43. This was a managers demo with 2700 miles. Continuous noise issues- they found a loose screw inside the door board, had to replace weather stripping on all windows, replaced Command Center console, put felt tape under molding around console. Noise is still there. The car was in the shop 3 times in August, again in Oct, Nov and December. They offered a lease payment and tire/wheel policy so I would go away. Well now I am having issues with the tires. Dealer balanced the tires in Dec at 4600 miles. Now with 6500 miles the fronts are completely worn on the outside only, rears are good. Did they not notice any tire wear when they did the balance? Waiting to hear back from MB, now I'm going to try to get out of this pos car.