Sponsored by:

C43 Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 07:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Originally Posted by kallista
same issue with front tire wear on the inside. Guess due to negative camber and toe-in.

Has anybody experimented with these 2 geometry factors? Just by basic logic, reducing negative camber and toe-in might have the wheels more straight and reduce the tire wear, right or wrong?

Has anybody experimented with tire pressure? Recommended 2,6 bar, seems high.
I think 2,6 bar seems low. My local tire dealer recommended around 2,6 bar. I've used around 2,9 - 3 bar. My front tires were done around 2700 miles, but they were not worn on the outside as my 2016 C250 (18"). The rear tires are still very good, but I changed them all because I was tired of the tire noise.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 153 Likes on 123 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by kallista
same issue with front tire wear on the inside. Guess due to negative camber and toe-in.

Has anybody experimented with these 2 geometry factors? Just by basic logic, reducing negative camber and toe-in might have the wheels more straight and reduce the tire wear, right or wrong?

Has anybody experimented with tire pressure? Recommended 2,6 bar, seems high.

Do point out there is no Camber adjustment OEM front or rear and no front offset Camber bolts for the C43.

We saw the need therefore to re-instate from the early 90's once again precise front Camber and Caster, rear Camber (and extra Toe) adjustment.

Kits replace the 4 front and rear highest wearing bushings at the same time and improving brake and steering response.

Allowing to return to factory specs. Catering for high cambered roads, wheel squat through altered height or load carrying, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, curb knock damage. Correctly resolving steering pull

Kits include bush extraction, insertion tools.

FRONT KIT #503416 K $480

Also Front kit (replacement upper arm inner bushings) also precisely Camber and Caster adjustable #503316-2J $380
Note: this KMAC kit can be installed without upper arm or wheel removal.

REAR KIT #502226 K $480
(Camber and Extra Toe adjustable)

Delivery $30 (F/R $50)

Payment can be made by PayPal, Visa or M/Card