C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 (brilliant blue); 2016 Macan S (black); 2017 E300 (black); 1998 Landcruiser (black)
Originally Posted by ACSchnitzersprt
LOL. I hear you. It does make sense business wise, if they were actually receiving the non-sold ones, but it just seems like a random trickle.
To quote my dealer, “Should be soon... Hopefully.” At least we wait together. I will say that if I see one of the random non-sold C43s driving around before delivery, I may pull over and cry for a moment.
I still think ordering a Mercedes is subject to much less random delays than ordering a Porsche. Talk about crazy, random deliveries. There were so many factors when I ordered a Porsche from production date changes, changes in boats leaving Germany, delays to certain boats arriving in the US, etc. And that was before random VPC delays...
Old 12-08-2018, 06:57 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by MOTM
I ordered my C43 sedan in brilliant blue through Steve and Shahul. I was scheduled for a second decade December build. So I was ecstatic to get an email from Steve yesterday informing me that my car was already built and picked up from VPC. And today, it arrived at Eurocars Germantown!

I turned in all my paperwork just now, and I'm set to drive down to Maryland on the 17th to pick up my car. I wish I weren't so tied up with work next week. Otherwise, I'd be there on Monday... Anyway, I'm so happy to have ordered from Steve and Shahul rather than from the dealers in NJ and NY. They're true car guys and absolute pros!
Comgrats take some pics!
The following users liked this post:
MOTM (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 (brilliant blue); 2016 Macan S (black); 2017 E300 (black); 1998 Landcruiser (black)
LOL. I hear you. It does make sense business wise, if they were actually receiving the non-sold ones, but it just seems like a random trickle.
To quote my dealer, “Should be soon... Hopefully.” At least we wait together. I will say that if I see one of the random non-sold C43s driving around before delivery, I may pull over and cry for a moment.
You’ve confirmed it- Last In First Out. I ordered from Euromotors as well and it’s been sitting in a VPC remote lot since September. Haha
Your dilemma of being unable to come down until the 17th helps me cope though. I’m excited that you have gotten what many of us are waiting for! Your ride home is going to be awesome on that day.

I love your handle btw. It brings back good memories of my e36 where I had a set of AC Schnitzer wheels and a Dinan tune! I loved that car.

Anyway, I've been thinking of your dilemma. It sounds like there may be a software update they need to apply at VPC. If so, I bet they applied the software update to all the cars at the factory that have been recently built in the past few weeks. If so, then they're probably getting crushed with the year end releases at the VPC. And to clear room to process the cars already at VPC, they're pushing through the recently built cars through VPC as fast as possible upon arrival. That way they don't gum up the supply chain, and they can clear up enough space and time to process the cars already at VPC. Optically, it looks terrible since people who ordered early are made to wait longer for cars that have already arrived at VPC. But it's probably the only way they can try to push through all the cars being released before the end of the year...
Grant Hummel (12-09-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
I love your handle btw. It brings back good memories of my e36 where I had a set of AC Schnitzer wheels and a Dinan tune! I loved that car.

Anyway, I've been thinking of your dilemma. It sounds like there may be a software update they need to apply at VPC. If so, I bet they applied the software update to all the cars at the factory that have been recently built in the past few weeks. If so, then they're probably getting crushed with the year end releases at the VPC. And to clear room to process the cars already at VPC, they're pushing through the recently built cars through VPC as fast as possible upon arrival. That way they don't gum up the supply chain, and they can clear up enough space and time to process the cars already at VPC. Optically, it looks terrible since people who ordered early are made to wait longer for cars that have already arrived at VPC. But it's probably the only way they can try to push through all the cars being released before the end of the year...
Your logic makes a lot of sense. And in this situation I too am glad I’m working with Shahul and Steve because they have kept me in the loop and make the whole car buying scenario familiar and easy.

Thank you- Schnitzer has always been a favorite of mine. Wheels and some tuning combined with a Dinan stage 2...such a great mix and my old 330 ZHP is something that I would buy again today!
Old 12-08-2018, 10:47 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
I'm told it's "on the truck" and I'll have it next week....we shall see ! Sedan, NY metro area. I was told by the dealer and a friend who works at MB corporate that there have been "certfication issues" and "paperwork problems" with the US Guvmint, but I haven't been able to get any more specific. Friend was able to find my car in the queue.

Trade war ? I saw recently elsewhere that Tesla was having problems getting the model 3 certified for German sales due to a tight reading of german law.

I wonder if my call to my friend loosed-up my car. The Dealer was surprised mine is on a truck, when cars ordered earlier are still not "on the truck".

Last edited by speedlaw; 12-08-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
I wonder if the larger (sales numbers) of the dealership has anything to do with who gets the cars first?
Old 12-09-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Thumbs up

Very, VERY plausible. And highly likely. In my mind "mystery solved".
Old 12-09-2018, 01:15 PM

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
C 43
Smaller dealer, not one of the mega stores ...
Old 12-09-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43

First post after I’ve been shadowing the forums for awhile. Picked mine up yesterday morning. Nothing too fancy with the pictures. It’s cold out and I’m under the weather.

I did not preorder. Contacted my dealer back in October and started the process. They started to look for ones coming in that matched my criteria and were not sold at other dealerships to initiate a dealer trade.

In the end managed to get everything on my must have list and then some. Didn’t request the multimedia package since I use Android Auto but the car came with it anyway. Truth be told the standard nav is nice. With Android Auto it doesn’t fill the entire screen because it’s so big which s kind of a bummer. First world problems for sure.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2016 BMW M235xi (gone)
So not sure if this is good news, bad news, or neither (because I'm just reading into everything because I really want this car already). So until today, my car was shown on my dealer's new car inventory webpage as "in transit." Today in the afternoon, it disappeared. As of close of business yesterday it had not arrived. They're closed today. Strange.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43

Seems most likely that the vehicle had a VPC option or a VPC correction (software updates, recent recall, etc) that was not completed correctly. Another possibility is that it was damaged in transit and returned to the VPC for recondtioning.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:14 PM

Seems like most sedans are being held. I am non patiently but patiently waiting!
Old 12-09-2018, 10:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
C43

New to the forum and new to Mercedes. Just picked mine up today from my local dealer. Love this forum too!

Old 12-10-2018, 07:10 AM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Djsc43
New to the forum and new to Mercedes. Just picked mine up today from my local dealer. Love this forum too!

Congrats! What are your impressions of the car so far?
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
the sedans were (still are) just held and all jammed together at the processing center so they are having to move them out and prep them.. logistically tough.. all my 1st cars are there... yet the ones that were just built are coming straight here. Sorry for all the early adopters, those are the people waiting for their C43 sedans the most.

Many say "release to carrier" but they have been for several days now.. I think we should see some good movement this week though...I know thats top priority for them right now.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:36 AM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
the sedans were (still are) just held and all jammed together at the processing center so they are having to move them out and prep them.. logistically tough.. all my 1st cars are there... yet the ones that were just built are coming straight here. Sorry for all the early adopters, those are the people waiting for their C43 sedans the most.

Many say "release to carrier" but they have been for several days now.. I think we should see some good movement this week though...I know thats top priority for them right now.
Thanks for the clarification. Keeping my fingers for some movement in the right direction this week.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:24 AM

Thank you for the update. So here is the obvious question. Why would they change the status to released to carrier if it was not in fact released to carrier. From what you say, it seems that these cars still need to be processed. Fun times
Old 12-10-2018, 12:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Sedan

Hey Shahul,

So I got the email on friday saying it was released to carrier but did not have an ETA to dealership, is it safe to say to expect it this week? Just curious since I am renting cars and Ubering in the interim and I just wanted to know how long to keep the car rental? my SA said this week, latest next, but he has been saying this since october. thank you for your time in advance
Old 12-10-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 C63 Affalterbach + 2019 C43 wagon
Congrats again to everybody who got their cars ! I was getting desperate the last few days but today I got a call and a picture that changed my day !! Will be picking up the car tomorrow !
Grant Hummel (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 02:31 PM

Wow congrats Anthony the car looks great where are you located
Old 12-10-2018, 03:54 PM

C43 Wagon
Congrats!!! Love the spec.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:35 PM

I'm a sucker for wagons. My first "fast" car was a 2001 Audi S4 Avant with the 2.7T engine. I had a chip that took it up to 325hp. The looks on people's faces when I schooled them at traffic lights was priceless. I wish I had it now just to play around with.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
GLC43
Beautiful! Man, if the wagon were available that would be my daily.
Old 12-10-2018, 04:53 PM

C43 Wagon
Not many people order wagons in Canada. Hardcore wagon guys who want their E63 still do, but only a handful. My dealer only has one C43 wagon coming.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan and 2020 Volvo V60 CC
Originally Posted by Anthony_D
Congrats again to everybody who got their cars ! I was getting desperate the last few days but today I got a call and a picture that changed my day !! Will be picking up the car tomorrow !

Congratulations, properly drool-worthy! ! It chaps my hide that the C43 Wagon is available in NA but not in the US. So. Much. Want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc