C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11.583@121.03mph - Fastest C43 Recorded (BMS JB1)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
impressive time. Very odd how it is so much faster than others. I would like to see more detail and data. Did anyone watch him do this to verify? Just seems odd how all of a sudden a jb1 tune can trap 120+. You guys know I am all for performance, but I need data to support this. Outliers arent good data.

also can we stop with the c43 vs c63. Who gives a **** who is faster. who cares who is fake. The c63 engine is hand assembled. then gets shipped to the same final assembly plant as ours. some would argue machine assembled engines lose the human error element and are better built. Some argue against that theory. But who cares. If you care good for you. be happy with your purchase because thats all that really matters. dont care about what other people think. do it for you. There is always a faster car out there that will make you cry.

I have driven faster cars than the c43, I have driven cars that handle better. Dollar for dollar, the c43 is one of the best bang for bucks out there. Its a very good all around car. Good for the family, good for some fun. its not a slouch, but this isnt an all out track car either. As a daily driver i would argue it may be one of the best choice out there. And yea with a tune, you are essentailly super car fast 0-60. take it above 100 mph and youll see that HP wins and see what really makes a super car a super car. Youll see what the c63 has that we dont. But for daily driving unless you have a death wish or want to go to jail, the c43 is more than ample. in the snow rain bad roads, youll see why awd c43 has been given the amg badge. It can hold its own, but like any race car, it is tuned for what it is good at. dragsters wont beat a f1 car around a track, but take a striaght line and the f1 is childs play. be happy with what you got, and know that the minute any of us line up against a tuned audi rs3, prepare to get your heart broken by a fake audi rs
The following 2 users liked this post by Star4life:
munis (05-25-2018), removedCFGaccount (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 11:14 AM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by Star4life
impressive time. Very odd how it is so much faster than others. I would like to see more detail and data. Did anyone watch him do this to verify? Just seems odd how all of a sudden a jb1 tune can trap 120+. You guys know I am all for performance, but I need data to support this. Outliers arent good data.

also can we stop with the c43 vs c63. Who gives a **** who is faster. who cares who is fake. The c63 engine is hand assembled. then gets shipped to the same final assembly plant as ours. some would argue machine assembled engines lose the human error element and are better built. Some argue against that theory. But who cares. If you care good for you. be happy with your purchase because thats all that really matters. dont care about what other people think. do it for you. There is always a faster car out there that will make you cry.

I have driven faster cars than the c43, I have driven cars that handle better. Dollar for dollar, the c43 is one of the best bang for bucks out there. Its a very good all around car. Good for the family, good for some fun. its not a slouch, but this isnt an all out track car either. As a daily driver i would argue it may be one of the best choice out there. And yea with a tune, you are essentailly super car fast 0-60. take it above 100 mph and youll see that HP wins and see what really makes a super car a super car. Youll see what the c63 has that we dont. But for daily driving unless you have a death wish or want to go to jail, the c43 is more than ample. in the snow rain bad roads, youll see why awd c43 has been given the amg badge. It can hold its own, but like any race car, it is tuned for what it is good at. dragsters wont beat a f1 car around a track, but take a striaght line and the f1 is childs play. be happy with what you got, and know that the minute any of us line up against a tuned audi rs3, prepare to get your heart broken by a fake audi rs
There were a couple of C43s there that day. Threefirs was there and another JB tuned C43. He apparently had worn out factory continentals, so the car was not hooking, traps were high though. But munis gets 15.5 psi of ECU boost, so he can hit 21 psi on map 6. Everyone's adaptation values are different. So not all cars will have ECUs that will accept higher requests without pulling back timing.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by agchenry
There were a couple of C43s there that day. Threefirs was there and another JB tuned C43. He apparently had worn out factory continentals, so the car was not hooking, traps were high though. But munis gets 15.5 psi of ECU boost, so he can hit 21 psi on map 6. Everyone's adaptation values are different. So not all cars will have ECUs that will accept higher requests without pulling back timing.
i guess we just need more people with jb1 to run the 1/4. How much are they? Maybe ill get one.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:27 AM

2018 C43
Originally Posted by Star4life
i guess we just need more people with jb1 to run the 1/4. How much are they? Maybe ill get one.
Bora has already done 11.72 @ 119mph, so I do not think this is a stand alone data point. With Boras new tire setup, expect him to break this very soon.

500 for the unit and 150 for the BT module.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
how is it possible to get 15.5 psi stock ECU boost? I thought stock max boost was around 12? How does the jb1 give so much boost past a stock ECU?
Old 05-25-2018, 02:57 PM

2018 C43
Originally Posted by Gungaslow

how is it possible to get 15.5 psi stock ECU boost? I thought stock max boost was around 12? How does the jb1 give so much boost past a stock ECU?
Well it is possible. Just look at his boost graph. Those graphs are logging boost directly from the ECU.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Well it is possible. Just look at his boost graph. Those graphs are logging boost directly from the ECU.
is his ECU tuned already? I don’t understand how most people are only getting up to 18 psi with jb1?
Old 05-29-2018, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Thanks a lot everyone! I want to specially thank Bora and agchenry for their help. Intially I was having a hard time figuring out how exactly you should make a custom map 6 for the car until I got some great advice from these guys. I should mention though, I do not really use map 6 for daily driving as I do never feel the need of it. Most of the time map 1 does the trick for daily. Also I get constant 12.2s to 12.3s @ 114 to 115 mph using map 1 at the track. That is on par with the best time from v2 of full tunes. If you have good octane around you (93/94) you can keep it on map 2 as well, and that gave me a consistent 12s flat to 11.9s @ 116mph to 117mph.

Also this was not a fluke run by any means, because I repeated the trap speed again on a run few minutes later. Then I went back to a mild map 6 for the rest of the night. The launch for the 11.58 though came out of thin air. No idea how to repeat it.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lazz83
Sure, I used Ceratec by liqui moly- a German oil company it puts a Ceramic like friction reducer on the internal engine parts. I love to drive my car hard so I want the extra protection and friction reduction. You need to flush the oil sludge and dirt off the engine first using an engine flush (most people don't do this and the product doesn't work as well because it cant bond to dirty internal parts, I use Auto Rx the best!!! Then put in 2oz of ceratec per quart of oil and let it stay for 5000 miles to bond to the engine parts. I had to buy two bottles since the 43 takes 7 quarts of oil.
Lazz, will I get similar results by using LM Pro line engine flush? Just makes more sense to stick to the same brand. Also my last oil change was 5000km before, so if I do flush the engine now, I can just use the current oil that is in the engine now right?
Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
****box
Originally Posted by AMG DR
seems like your in the c63 and worried that the c43 is passing you, so you are here on the c43 side trying to see how bad were going to beat u , for half the amount of money
That whole sentence sounded so "rice". Sad to see it here but thats the problem with diluting a brand. Oh I can beat you with half the amount of money lol.....

Trust me, nobody in a 63 would be worried that a 43 passed it. Just like being passed by any other rice rockets. Big boys that wants to run are in the low-mid 10s@130mph+. Fastest 43 are mid 11s@118-120?

Even if someday you can get a 43 to be faster than a 63, and?

Many modded cars can run 9s- low 10s with the price tag of a new 43

Atleast that AMG badge got a lot of sucker to bite who wouldnt had touched a c450.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Troll
That whole sentence sounded so "rice". Sad to see it here but thats the problem with diluting a brand. Oh I can beat you with half the amount of money lol.....

Trust me, nobody in a 63 would be worried that a 43 passed it. Just like being passed by any other rice rockets. Big boys that wants to run are in the low-mid 10s@130mph+. Fastest 43 are mid 11s@118-120?

Atleast that AMG badge got a lot of sucker to bite who wouldnt had touched a c450.
This is literally your first post? Cause I want to congratulate you for choosing your username just right.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:57 PM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by Troll

While I agree that 450s/43s and even the 45s are somewhat diluting the brand but Im gonna point out the following to you:

- The C-class itself is the baby benz. It is/was itself diluting the Mercedes brand when it was introduced.
- AMG itself is about performance. If a car is a great performer, whats the problem?
- Coming from somebody who used to own a "real amg" while it was current, it sure had alot of problems. Personally I am not entirely sure one man working and completing the assembly of an engine all by himself ensures higher quality than it being machine or assembly line assembled. This is also coming from somebody who used to do manufacturing.

- Prestige and price. Nobody wants to admit it, but the main factor in prestige and exclusivity is price. It really has absolutely nothing to do with the "one man one engine" philosophy, which is just marketing. Look guys....I dont want to rain on anybody's parade but the price difference between the C43 and a C63 in most countries is not much....In North America it is only like 10K USD in North America. 10k is not a fortune ok? If Benz made a factory assembled V10 AMG that was also shared with Infiniti or Nissan or any other non AMG branded vehicle, there still would not be 1/10th of the people complaining about it as there are complaining about the 43s.

Dont kid yourself ok? The C63 is an awesome vehicle and much cooler than the 43s but it is not some kind of Ferrari. And 10K USD is hardly worth bragging about. Also I would not be caught dead making a secondary troll account to invade another sub-forum to brag about a 10K USD difference.

Its just pathetic and I think you need to get a life.
The following 2 users liked this post by waisoserious:
AMG C43 3LV6 (06-21-2018), munis (06-10-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by waisoserious
While I agree that 450s/43s and even the 45s are somewhat diluting the brand but Im gonna point out the following to you:

- The C-class itself is the baby benz. It is/was itself diluting the Mercedes brand when it was introduced.
- AMG itself is about performance. If a car is a great performer, whats the problem?
- Coming from somebody who used to own a "real amg" while it was current, it sure had alot of problems. Personally I am not entirely sure one man working and completing the assembly of an engine all by himself ensures higher quality than it being machine or assembly line assembled. This is also coming from somebody who used to do manufacturing.

- Prestige and price. Nobody wants to admit it, but the main factor in prestige and exclusivity is price. It really has absolutely nothing to do with the "one man one engine" philosophy, which is just marketing. Look guys....I dont want to rain on anybody's parade but the price difference between the C43 and a C63 in most countries is not much....In North America it is only like 10K USD in North America. 10k is not a fortune ok? If Benz made a factory assembled V10 AMG that was also shared with Infiniti or Nissan or any other non AMG branded vehicle, there still would not be 1/10th of the people complaining about it as there are complaining about the 43s.

Dont kid yourself ok? The C63 is an awesome vehicle and much cooler than the 43s but it is not some kind of Ferrari. And 10K USD is hardly worth bragging about. Also I would not be caught dead making a secondary troll account to invade another sub-forum to brag about a 10K USD difference.

Its just pathetic and I think you need to get a life.
Preach. Can't wait to get the 2020 C63s. But the C43 will haunt me in my dreams 100%, it was so good.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43 amg
please delete this post for thanks

Last edited by sorcerer1; 02-18-2024 at 06:49 PM. Reason: delete