C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 C43 AMG Coupe Down Shifting Problem?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
2018 C43 AMG Coupe Down Shifting Problem?

Just having a little issue with my brand new 2018 C43 AMG Coupe and was wondering if you guys can give some insight as this is my performance based car.
After driving the car for a while then having the car off for about 5 minutes. Then I would restart the car and put into Sport + / "Manual" mode.
I'm not sure if it is because I put straight into Sport +/Manual but when I downshift, the rpm shows that is down shifting but the engine itself stays in the previous gear and there are no sound. It does eventually downshift when slowing down
but just wanted to get some insight if I'm doing something wrong??

I've driven the car for 1500km already and according to my dealership, I should be done with my break in period

Thank you in advance for your input, first time posting so please understand if I've done something wrong!
Old 06-23-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
I have noticed the same under multiple situations. At this point I feel like part of it could be heat related as it is relatively inconsistent.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by MarcovC43AMG
I have noticed the same under multiple situations. At this point I feel like part of it could be heat related as it is relatively inconsistent.
that’s a relief to hear!! Yeah, I was assuming some sort heat issue but the car was running for a while before so i guess it is just part of the car.

Thank you so much for the reply! i appreciate! Little paranoid since this is my first amg 😂