Sponsored by:

Sport+ Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 12:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz C63s AMG Coupe
Sport+ Mode

Has anyone else have a problem with the sport+ mode jerking after taking off from a stop light or stop a sign. Brought it to the dealer's service center from where I got the car from and they said nothing is wrong with the mode. Than it happened again and brought it back a 2nd time and was told that nothing was wrong with the mode and that the sport+ mode should only be use on the highway.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:31 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
You need to search the forum. This has been reported both here and in the C63 forum.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:31 AM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by Ckipridis
Has anyone else have a problem with the sport+ mode jerking after taking off from a stop light or stop a sign. Brought it to the dealer's service center from where I got the car from and they said nothing is wrong with the mode. Than it happened again and brought it back a 2nd time and was told that nothing was wrong with the mode and that the sport+ mode should only be use on the highway.
Sadly this is normal. But this is actually happening mainly when you accelerate from slowing down (to make a turn or roll past a stop sign). This doesnt happen when you are at a dead stop.
Some members have said a Transmission Software Update solves the problem but my car still has this problem after going to the dealership 2 times for this issue alone. Eventually I just learned to live with it.
The following users liked this post:
srini (07-06-2018)
Old 07-03-2018, 02:34 AM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
By learning to live with it I mean I dont drive in S+ with passengers in the car or I drive S+ in manual mode.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by guhvies
You need to search the forum. This has been reported both here and in the C63 forum.
This. Steep right foot learning curve on how to manage throttle. It's only an "issue" with the car in that there's so much torque in the low gears, if you're not prepared, things can bounce around like a teenager learning to drive a manual gearbox. Moving on.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:18 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
I have made several posts on this, been to the dealers with transmission updates, etc. and I would say at least a dozen other threads. Well known issue with no negative effects thus far, as you learn the car it will happen less and less.
The following users liked this post:
Ckipridis (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
I use S+ in town all the time. One of my favorite thing to do is just drive the car in town between tall buildings shifting between 1st and 2nd gear and making children cry. On a serious note, the rodeo effect is a 1000% user induced problem. I never got this problem in my car in S+ while I was driving it for as long as I can remember, so I thought, may be I just have a good tranny as a lot of guys in our whatsapp group and both in the forums seem to be complaining about it all the time. Then one day I let one of my friend drive my car, and he made it happen immediately. I was like what the hell was that? With the throttle in this car, you cannot be confused about what you are doing. It gives you exactly what you asked for. Expect the throttle to be very responsive in S+. So any nervous or confused movement of the accelerator will give you that rodeo effect. And that resonates further as the car leans forward and backward, so does your right foot because of the intertia, hence it gets even more amplified. When this happens, either take your foot of the accelerator completely, or shift up to second gear using the upshift pedal. Also learn how to modulate your right feet better. A very good way to do this is, when driving slowly just feather the throttle, don't go mid way. If you want to pull smash it in all the way.

Last edited by munis; 07-06-2018 at 11:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by munis:
Dieseldan9 (07-06-2018), zibby43 (07-08-2018)