Rubber slipped off rim...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG
Unhappy Rubber slipped off rim...

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums but my friend suggested that I post in here to get some outside opinions. I'll explain the whole situation from what happened.

I was driving from out of town on the highway yesterday going about 120(ish)km/h and had to come to a complete, abrupt stop as a moose was about to cross the road. Shortly after my tire pressure indicator came up and went down to 0. I went to check it out and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. My tire seemed fine and the pressure was still there. I called the roadside assistance and was told I most likely had a hole or something and my run flats plugged it up. So I made an appointment to get it fixed and just headed home. As I was backing up into my parking, I started to fill something weird on my passenger side front tire. I went to check and there it was my rubber had slipped off my rim. I assume it happened when I was turning my tires all the way to left to back up. Anyways, I wanted to post in the forum to get some insight at what may have happened here... thanks guy. This is odd situation and trying to make some sense out of it.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Low pressure and the twist of low speed turning probably popped the bead between the tire and wheel. If you're so inclined, you could jack up the car and get the tire taken in to for repair. Otherwise, better get a tow.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Well you don't see that everyday... Looks like you are part of #stancenation now!
The following users liked this post:
jonathan358 (07-18-2018)