C43 Upgrade Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
C43 Upgrade Exhaust

Hi just joined the forum,

I have just got a C43 and didn't get the performance exhaust. I know, sacrilege. However I got the silencers removed pretty much straight away. This has meant that the car drones at cruising speeds. I am not in the market for a valvetronic exhaust. I was wondering if anyone has anyone had any luck with absorbant type silencers and what size I should get fitted. I want want less drone, but at the same time keep the nice pops that I get with the straight piped axle back.

Thanks
The following users liked this post:
Retrorog (12-17-2023)
Old 07-17-2018, 02:12 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Mikeydif

I have just got a C43 and didn't get the performance exhaust. I know, sacrilege. However I got the silencers removed pretty much straight away. This has meant that the car drones at cruising speeds. I am not in the market for a valvetronic exhaust. I was wondering if anyone has anyone had any luck with absorbant type silencers and what size I should get fitted. I want want less drone, but at the same time keep the nice pops that I get with the straight piped axle back.

Thanks
You shouldv'e got a c300 then. This car is useless without the PE exhaust.

Joking. I have the standard amg exhaust aswell. By silencers, you mean the mufflers or resonator? If mufflers, you can opt for bullet mufflers which will resonate some of the drone & still be loud, they don't typically make them for mercedes but it doesn't matter, just find out the size.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan

Thanks
I put 2 Magnaflow resonators (16'' length) on my cts-v to quiet it down and they worked great. They will reduce drone and lower exhaust noise about 20%, at least mine did. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...hoCD9AQAvD_BwE
Old 07-17-2018, 02:27 PM

C43
Yeah just to clarify I'm in the UK and when I say silencers I mean mufflers and when I say absorbent I mean bullet type. Not removing the resonators because MB UK write off you warrenty.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:35 PM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Yeah just to clarify I'm in the UK and when I say silencers I mean mufflers and when I say absorbent I mean bullet type. Not removing the resonators because MB UK write off you warrenty.
HTXgearhead made a great suggestion. I was implying to get something like that. The longer you get it the quieter it'll be. 16inch might be a great fit. Lift your car up and see how much room you have to work with if you're trying to install those instead of the mufflers.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:58 PM

C43
I measured up the straight pipes and I have 12 inches of room. I can get a 3,4,5 or 6 inch diameter from a custom manufacturer.

How does a bullet type affect sound compared to a baffle type muffler.

Will i get the nice top end notes and pops as a straight pipe.

Last edited by Mikeydif; 07-17-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
I measured up the straight pipes and I have 12 inches of room. I can get a 3,4,5 or 6 inch diameter from a custom manufacturer.

How does a bullet type affect sound compared to a baffle type muffler.

Will i get the nice top end notes and pops as a straight pipe.
May be get a valved exhaust y connector? It would be cheap and save you some money.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Got it, so you are looking for a muffler (silencer) that will keep an aggressive tone and reduce drone. I have had 6 or 7 different muffler brands on past cars. Corsa muffers are by far the best for reducing drone, they have a patent on their muffler technology and it works. They are straight through in designs, so you don’t lose any power or noise. Downside is, they can get expensive. I'm sure there are cheaper options out there, but this one is probably the most effective. https://www.pfyc.com/blog/high-perfo...ust-camaro-ss/

Are you saying that removing resonators will void your Mercedes warranty??

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 07-17-2018 at 04:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Retrorog (12-17-2023)
Old 07-17-2018, 05:20 PM

C43
Thanks for that recommendation. I will look at them and see where I can get them in the UK. Yes the dealership has said I can do what I want with the mufflers, but changing any other part of the exhaust will void my warranty.