Sponsored by:

Question on Ordering a C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at C43
Question on Ordering a C43

New to the forums. I've been smitten with the C43 since I saw one while traveling in Doha. Lovely car, specifically the Coupe.

My question is, should I expect dealer markup above sticker if I decide to place an order for a 2019 C43 Coupe? I have never configured a car and ordered it to my specs, but it seems as though there just aren't that many to be found at dealers around me. Obviously the 2019s aren't in yet, but living in a decent sized city (Pittsburgh) there are only 2 new 2018 coupes available for purchase at the local MB dealers. I was really close to purchasing a CPO 2017, but it was lacking a feature I really want, plus the cost to ship, plus the distance made it unreasonable for a test drive and a total sight unseen purchase, plus the 2019 refresh killed the deal. To me it just seems to make more sense to order the car exactly how I want it rather than settle for less than I would like. Specifically since it seems to be a lower volume car, at least around me. There just isn't a lot of inventory new or used on these cars (C300s on the other hand are everywhere). I only found 14 CPO C43s in the US through MBUSA and only one came close to being what I wanted. I have never had an issue buying a gently used car to take advantage of depreciation (I recently paid off a 2017 Cadillac CTS in great condition and saved almost 20k from the msrp), but this model is hard to track down. So again, should I expect an above sticker price if I order a 2019? I would really appreciate feedback from those that ordered, but any feedback is welcome.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:57 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
I don't see above sticker. Seems to vary on these forums for one reason or another but anywhere from 0-10% off MSRP has been reported.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...d-you-get.html
Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
(I worked as the AMG rep/sales for a large MB dealer for 3 years)

No, you should not pay over sticker. If a salesman hits you with the well it’s an AMG line and presents you a sales menu over sticker, find another salesman. Like the last comment said, 0% to 10% has been done depending on how desperate the dealer is for business (some dealers will hold at sticker.)

Best way to get a discount, convince your salesman that you are shopping another brand or another dealer (make sure they aren’t part of the same dealer group.) You could say you are looking at the new S5, 440i, etc. Presenting the dealer with a sales menu will also help. If you live close to the dealer, they do NOT want to lose your business. If you haven’t been introduced to the manager before negotiations are over, you didn’t negotiate hard enough.

PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 09-05-2018 at 09:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
redslumber (09-05-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:50 PM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Not sure where you are in the U.S., but I would recommend EuroMotorcars in Germantown, MD (susman@eurogermantown.com is a member on the forums). I was offered a great deal from them on a 2019, and many other forum members have recommended them in the past. Maybe PM him. He is usually very quick to respond.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:51 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
The OP is in Pittsburgh (it's in his original post). Good suggestion. Also about the same distance to dealers in NJ.
The following users liked this post:
GuardianVA (09-07-2018)