Sponsored by:

10 Things I love about my C43.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:15 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead

I have accepted that my car is not perfect and moved on. All of my issues began right after taking delivery. My dealership installed a felt material under the dash and the rattles went away for 2 weeks and came back.

My car has the transmission update, yet my car will still “buck” back and forth once or twice a week.

I have given up on the keyless entry. It works 25% of the time. Dealership will fix it and it stops working after a few days.

My front bumper, rear bumper, and hood also do not lineup properly. The hood is so off that if occasionally hits my quarter panel when I shut it. You would think the car was in an accident, but no just great MB build quality...
That's quite a bit to accept on a rather not cheap car, especially the fitment issues.
Coincidentally, the windows down feature worked again today after I posted here. I find that the sensor might be at the front windshield as I was pointing the fob around the car to find the location where it worked. And, the foot trunk randomly came back to life too after the window feature returned (?!). Very weird but not complaining for now.
The buck effect was indeed annoying but I'm glad that it didn't happen after the first 2 weeks. I might be adapted to with my driving habit.

The dash rattle is still on-going though. It happened more when temperature was hotter during the summer. It got quite cool this week and the rattle wasn't as audible.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:21 AM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by mcschan86
That's quite a bit to accept on a rather not cheap car, especially the fitment issues.
Coincidentally, the windows down feature worked again today after I posted here. I find that the sensor might be at the front windshield as I was pointing the fob around the car to find the location where it worked. And, the foot trunk randomly came back to life too after the window feature returned (?!). Very weird but not complaining for now.
The buck effect was indeed annoying but I'm glad that it didn't happen after the first 2 weeks. I might be adapted to with my driving habit.

The dash rattle is still on-going though. It happened more when temperature was hotter during the summer. It got quite cool this week and the rattle wasn't as audible.
I have a ton of other broken stuff that I just didn’t post. I started a thread about it on privatelounge, MB never responded.

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 09-25-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:42 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
The keyless start sounds familiar with an issue that I had when my 2012 hippy Prius key was next to my phone in my pocket. Same for some rentals I have had including a Skoda. (Just thought it was cool that I got the chance to rent one)

Last edited by MarcusDubya77; 09-26-2018 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee
Haha, That's why i bought it

Oh definitely getting tuned, I'm waiting before i get it tuned.
For a couple reasons.

1. I Want to see peoples long-term reliability with the tunes; Transmission/engine reliability etc..
2. I don't want to get bored of the car yet, So I'll hold off a little on tuning it until i feel its needed (even though i want it asap)
Have you got your car tuned yet?
Old 11-12-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43 amg
Brag list:-)

Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
I thought I would set up a bragging thread just for us C43 owners, but also curious to know what others views as their 5 things they love about their C43.

1. PE
2. Panoramic Sunroof
3. Shape of the Coupe coupled with ceramic coat making the car easier to clean.
4. Interior of the car overall coupled with a great after market Dash cam.
5. The stuck on tablet - probably controversial as I know a lot hate it, but I love being able to watch music videos while cruising around.
6. Electronic boot
7. Car free access to the car
8. HUD
9. Lights
10. Storage areas in the front section

As I am still running in my car, I havent got to fully appreciate the speed and PE in sports mode + of the car. But I am looking forward to that gift.
  • The Burmeister music system sounds amazing form the highs, lows and mid range with front bass
  • The feel of the leather seats
  • The sports steering wheel
  • The sophisticated purr of the PE
  • The quality of the camera
  • The 19" low profile wheels
  • The roar and gear changing sound in sports+ mode
  • The active LED lights that turn with your car
  • etc....
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (11-12-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 02:18 AM

AMG C43 3LV6
5 things I hate about my C43:

1. My dash rattles constantly
2. The runflat tires
3. All AMG line 2019 C300s will have our grill and wheels
4. The transmission stutters at low speed
5. Too easy to bend rims

Bonus: my keyless entry doesn’t work and the dealership has attempted to fix it twice.
Where does your dash rattle exactly?

When I had my dashcam installed hardwired I asked them to insulate the wires in the pillar and that seemed to have solved the rattles I use to experience.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:27 AM

2018 C43 sedan
Where does your dash rattle exactly?

When I had my dashcam installed hardwired I asked them to insulate the wires in the pillar and that seemed to have solved the rattles I use to experience.
Under my wood trim. The dealer even installed felt under it and it still rattles.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:26 PM

AMG C43 3LV6

Under my wood trim. The dealer even installed felt under it and it still rattles.
Is that the middle console? Any chance they could change that to carbon fiber?
Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 AM

2018 C43 sedan
Is that the middle console? Any chance they could change that to carbon fiber?
I can change it to carbon fiber, but there would be no point. When I bought the car, the original plastic dash vibrated. I then switched out for black ash wood and same problem.
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (11-20-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 08:42 AM

AMG C43 3LV6

I can change it to carbon fiber, but there would be no point. When I bought the car, the original plastic dash vibrated. I then switched out for black ash wood and same problem.
I had my A pillar re-insulated by the guys that did my dashcam and the minor rattle that I had even on delivery has disappeared completely.

I know you said it wasnt in your pillar, but it may be worth exploring. For me its complex pulling those things apart, but for you Im sure you know what your doing and removing the pillar and using insulating tape for the wires can only help?