M276 Weistec Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 11:02 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
M276 Weistec Turbo Upgrade

https://weistec.com/all/mercedes-ben...rade-m276.html

We’ve been waiting on this one for a while... looks like Weistec is the first one on sale.

Curious to see what dyno results would be and how does the tranny handle the upgraded turbos.

Last edited by luka43; 01-24-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Well this is exciting. Interesting that they state ECU upgrade is only recommended, not required. I wonder how far you could push this with just JB4.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:09 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Well this is exciting. Interesting that they state ECU upgrade is only recommended, not required. I wonder how far you could push this with just JB4.

I would think the car would be running super super super lean without a proper tune and really hot
Old 01-25-2019, 11:16 AM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Mercedes and BMW
Originally Posted by waisoserious
I would think the car would be running super super super lean without a proper tune and really hot
Agreed. What about the intercooler....running that much more I would think the new pressurized air temps would go up.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:49 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by b6tbfmp
Agreed. What about the intercooler....running that much more I would think the new pressurized air temps would go up.
Originally Posted by waisoserious
It all comes down to the efficiency range of the turbo. Just because it's larger doesn't mean temps skyrocket, especially if maintaining stock boost levels. The efficiency islands could, and probably are, much larger. At stock boost levels the temperature increase will only be a few degrees, and is probably within the range of what the stock fuel system can adjust to, and what the stock intercooler can handle. And at stock psi you will still get a bump in power.

That said, makes little sense to upgrade turbos and not get the most out of it with a tune.
The following users liked this post:
luka43 (01-26-2019)
Old 09-05-2019, 08:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes c43 2017
Anyone have any info on this ?

Like seriously, we are 6 months later, no even 1 video on youtube 1 dyno sheet, 1 post on mbworld, what is going on with this platform ? Are we hitting the plateau of our engine with a stage 2 downpipe and tune ?

why are we not seeing intercooler upgrade ? Meth injection kit ? TCU tune ?

My guess our engine is weak... cant handle more thats why we are not hearing anything about it,

please someone contredict me... im getting fed-up with this far too limited platform

Originally Posted by GuardianVA
It all comes down to the efficiency range of the turbo. Just because it's larger doesn't mean temps skyrocket, especially if maintaining stock boost levels. The efficiency islands could, and probably are, much larger. At stock boost levels the temperature increase will only be a few degrees, and is probably within the range of what the stock fuel system can adjust to, and what the stock intercooler can handle. And at stock psi you will still get a bump in power.

That said, makes little sense to upgrade turbos and not get the most out of it with a tune.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Lachoufe
Like seriously, we are 6 months later, no even 1 video on youtube 1 dyno sheet, 1 post on mbworld, what is going on with this platform ? Are we hitting the plateau of our engine with a stage 2 downpipe and tune ?

My guess our engine is weak... cant handle more thats why we are not hearing anything about it,

please someone contredict me... im getting fed-up with this far too limited platform
I completely agree with you. I came from a B8.5 Audi S4 and the skies the limits for performance upgrades. It is depressing that this platform doesn’t have more in it...

Last edited by Fresh_Mass; 09-05-2019 at 11:35 PM.
Hrd_workin (09-07-2019)
Old 09-06-2019, 11:19 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by Fresh_Mass
I completely agree with you. I came from a B8.5 Audi S4 and the skies the limits for performance upgrades. It is depressing that this platform doesn’t have more in it...
Originally Posted by Lachoufe

I understand the frustration ya'll feel. I'm not covering for anyone or making excuses, I have no dog in the fight. That said, my understanding is that Weistec finished working on a compressor wheel upgrade for the 2017-18 C43 back in March, and it;s been available for purchase since then. Don't know why it hasn't really been advertised over here on this forum or why this thread wasn't updated. I have yet to see a single dyno sheet or even a 1/4 mile run with this turbo installed... I can only suggest contacting Weistec and asking about that compressor wheel upgrade or going to their website.

There are a few things on this platform that seem to inhibit a large part of the aftermarket availability of certain items: The largest factor is that it seems (to me at least) that Mercedes buyers tend to have fewer buyers that have the same interest in modifying their cars, compared to BMW and Audi owners. The long-term potential profits are lower due to that lower volume and lower demand. Add to that, that it was only within the last year or so that there was an easy way to flash tune via OBD, so this makes it very difficult and time consuming to test and tune with upgraded turbos. And finally, properly designing and building an upgraded turbo is much, much harder than it seems. You can't just throw a bigger wheel in it, or swap out sides and then expect it to just work at making efficient power. Poorly matched components may not be as efficient as they look on paper, or over-machined housings might crack. It's almost an art, and not everyone can do it right. Ask anyone who's familiar with how Tony Vargas' half-assed R&D turned out on the N55.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 548 Likes on 484 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Usually the stuff Mercedes make stock is better than what's necessary...ex people keep asking for a cold air intake....it's basically as cold as it gets as is.
waisoserious (09-26-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 09:46 PM

Received 184 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Mercedes C450AMG sedan
Originally Posted by GuardianVA
I understand the frustration ya'll feel. I'm not covering for anyone or making excuses, I have no dog in the fight. That said, my understanding is that Weistec finished working on a compressor wheel upgrade for the 2017-18 C43 back in March, and it;s been available for purchase since then. Don't know why it hasn't really been advertised over here on this forum or why this thread wasn't updated. I have yet to see a single dyno sheet or even a 1/4 mile run with this turbo installed... I can only suggest contacting Weistec and asking about that compressor wheel upgrade or going to their website.

There are a few things on this platform that seem to inhibit a large part of the aftermarket availability of certain items: The largest factor is that it seems (to me at least) that Mercedes buyers tend to have fewer buyers that have the same interest in modifying their cars, compared to BMW and Audi owners. The long-term potential profits are lower due to that lower volume and lower demand. Add to that, that it was only within the last year or so that there was an easy way to flash tune via OBD, so this makes it very difficult and time consuming to test and tune with upgraded turbos. And finally, properly designing and building an upgraded turbo is much, much harder than it seems. You can't just throw a bigger wheel in it, or swap out sides and then expect it to just work at making efficient power. Poorly matched components may not be as efficient as they look on paper, or over-machined housings might crack. It's almost an art, and not everyone can do it right. Ask anyone who's familiar with how Tony Vargas' half-assed R&D turned out on the N55.
I agree, in terms of market share I can see how companies in the aftermarket realm would not want to invest in R&D on models such as the C450/C43 unless they knew the market for MB aftermarket performance products would bear a significant return on investment.
That being said a few of us on this forum have taken the plunge to get the Turbokits.com upgraded turbos for our builds. I learned of that turbo upgrade from Jesse first before AMR started promoting the weistec ones.
Knowing this thread is about the weistec turbos though, in speaking to Matthew at AMR, he stated they are installing the weistec turbos on two customers cars. Not sure if they are also on this forum but I agree with you all that it would be nice for them to share the weistec dynos, 0-60,1/4 times as well. So ultimately, we’ll have two groups of numbers for everyone to compare.
I’ll be posting the Turbokits.com numbers as well.
just my 2 cents

Last edited by Hrd_workin; 09-07-2019 at 09:49 PM.
TurboKits.com (09-09-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm considering an E450 wagon after losing our w212 E63S in the Houston flood last week. Does the 450 engine have smaller turbos than the new C43 rated at 396 hp? Is this the reason they were able to bump hp vs software? Any information on the internals difference would help as well. I've been searching but not finding a ton.

It looks like we have AMR, OE and maybe Eurocharged to go stage one software. If you go stage one only what can we expect at the wheels? Is it around 400hp or is that crank ratings. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 690 Likes on 540 Posts
c
Originally Posted by fever
I'm considering an E450 wagon after losing our w212 E63S in the Houston flood last week. Does the 450 engine have smaller turbos than the new C43 rated at 396 hp? Is this the reason they were able to bump hp vs software? Any information on the internals difference would help as well. I've been searching but not finding a ton.

It looks like we have AMR, OE and maybe Eurocharged to go stage one software. If you go stage one only what can we expect at the wheels? Is it around 400hp or is that crank ratings. Thanks in advance for any help.
nobody knows nothin about the turbo differences lol

some claim they have minor differences all along the MY's - some claim they are the same.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just talked to Weistec. I asked if they have real life feedback on the turbo upgrade regarding track, dyno and heat variances compared to stock. He said they are "close" to have the data and will let me know when he has it.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:32 PM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by fever
Just talked to Weistec. I asked if they have real life feedback on the turbo upgrade regarding track, dyno and heat variances compared to stock. He said they are "close" to have the data and will let me know when he has it.

It sounds like either:

1. Nobody has tried it yet
or
2. The results are not good enough to share either due to incomplete development or the C43 is just a limited platform.
Old 05-24-2020, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Mercedes benz C43
hello I'm new to the forum but i own a 2018 c43 i also am a sales manager for Mercedes Benz dealer in ca i have upgraded my c43 stage 2 DME tune I'm friends with one of the main guys i do a lot of tuning for my clients with them i also have weistec dp and i just ordered the weistec meth kit yesterday and 15 gall of boost juice from snow preformance and also aftermarket intakes from MST KW lowering springs and custom made carbon steering wheel with led shift lights and digital readout and bov and i plan on getting the weistec turbo upgrades i will post pics of my car soon and vids soon i have noticed that no one has done turbos or meth kit so i am going to and I'm stoked the M276 DE 30 LA can make great power.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:41 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by RonJon_88
hello I'm new to the forum but i own a 2018 c43 i also am a sales manager for Mercedes Benz dealer in ca i have upgraded my c43 stage 2 DME tune I'm friends with one of the main guys i do a lot of tuning for my clients with them i also have weistec dp and i just ordered the weistec meth kit yesterday and 15 gall of boost juice from snow preformance and also aftermarket intakes from MST KW lowering springs and custom made carbon steering wheel with led shift lights and digital readout and bov and i plan on getting the weistec turbo upgrades i will post pics of my car soon and vids soon i have noticed that no one has done turbos or meth kit so i am going to and I'm stoked the M276 DE 30 LA can make great power.
Decent number of people have done WMI but as of right now have not seen turbos. There’s a guy in Taiwan who claims his has custom turbos but hard to find any details (posted very good dragy). Very very interested (as is every other person in this thread) on outcome of turbo upgrade. I cannot understand why everyone who gets the upgrade and then goes for a tune seems to fall into a black hole and disappear for ever! Good luck!!
Salco45 (05-27-2020)
Old 04-19-2021, 10:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
E400 W207 C320 W203
Originally Posted by RonJon_88
Hi. Did you ever make a turbo upgrade post?
Old 10-14-2021, 02:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
Any updates on this?
Old 01-27-2022, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017c43
[QUOTE=RonJon_88;8063778]hello I'm new to the forum but i own a 2018 c43 i also am a sales manager for Mercedes Benz dealer in ca i have upgraded my c43 stage 2 DME tune I'm friends with one of the main guys i do a lot of tuning for my clients with them i also have weistec dp and i just ordered the weistec meth kit yesterday and 15 gall of boost juice from snow preformance and also aftermarket intakes from MST KW lowering springs and custom made carbon steering wheel with led shift lights and digital readout and bov and i plan on getting the weistec turbo upgrades i will post pics of my car soon and vids soon i have noticed that no one has done turbos or meth kit so i am going to and I'm stoked the M276 DE 30 LA can make great power.

Hi I’m also In California and going to be getting a c43 to customize and upgrade. Seems like your already deep into this platform. U have an Instragram ? I have a couple questions I’d like to ask. I was gonna get a all black 2018 c43, and get a jb4, im trying to see what other mods I would need with the jb4 to get a low 3.2 or 3.1 0-60 to beat a model 3 performance off the line

[/Hi I’m also In California and going to be getting a c43 to customize and upgrade. Seems like your already deep into this platform. U have an Instragram ? I have a couple questions I’d like to ask. I was gonna get a all black 2018 c43, and get a jb4, im trying to see what other mods I would need with the jb4 to get a low 3.2 or 3.1 0-60 to beat a model 3 performance off the line