Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) > C450/C43 AMG
Individually controlling ambient lighting on 19s? >

Individually controlling ambient lighting on 19s?

Notices
C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Individually controlling ambient lighting on 19s?

 
Old 02-11-2019, 09:54 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 342
Liked 27 Times in 25 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Individually controlling ambient lighting on 19s?

Is there some setting that allow for control of separate parts of the 64 color ambient lights? ie. door and center one color and footwells another? I thought I had seen it on Mr. AMGs's review, but it might have very well been on a different MB...
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:49 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: the Right coast
Posts: 113
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
Is there some setting that allow for control of separate parts of the 64 color ambient lights? ie. door and center one color and footwells another? I thought I had seen it on Mr. AMGs's review, but it might have very well been on a different MB...
You can control the front portion of the cabin (doors, footwells, center console) separately from the back (rear doors) in terms of brightness, but you can't have different colors for the front vs rear, and you can't control the individual sections in brightness or color. It would be nice if you could at least make the footwells controllable separate from everything else, but no such luck.
GuardianVA is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:04 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MarcusDubya77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Schonaich, Germany
Posts: 342
Liked 27 Times in 25 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by GuardianVA View Post
You can control the front portion of the cabin (doors, footwells, center console) separately from the back (rear doors) in terms of brightness, but you can't have different colors for the front vs rear, and you can't control the individual sections in brightness or color. It would be nice if you could at least make the footwells controllable separate from everything else, but no such luck.
Thanks.. That is what I was guessing.
MarcusDubya77 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 03:41 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 24
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
BMW 328i, C43 AMG
Originally Posted by MarcusDubya77 View Post
Is there some setting that allow for control of separate parts of the 64 color ambient lights? ie. door and center one color and footwells another? I thought I had seen it on Mr. AMGs's review, but it might have very well been on a different MB...
Ive seen all his vids and you're probably thinking of the A Class where you can individually change the colours of different parts of the interior.
3.Pointed.Czar is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 1,086
Liked 90 Times in 81 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet


Speaking of ambient lighting, has anyone figured out what "car flash" or "colormix" is on the settings? I don't see it flashing or mixing the colors or anything.
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:47 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: the Right coast
Posts: 113
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post


Speaking of ambient lighting, has anyone figured out what "car flash" or "colormix" is on the settings? I don't see it flashing or mixing the colors or anything.
Which vehicle is that screen from? I know my screen for ambient looks nothing like that.
GuardianVA is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:44 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 388
Likes: 0
Liked 62 Times in 50 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by GuardianVA View Post
Which vehicle is that screen from? I know my screen for ambient looks nothing like that.
My guess would be the S class facelift judging by the vents/dash.
ShakyTom is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:10 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 114
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Similarly on this topic, but not specific-- Does anyone know what the Ambient Light changing to Red, flashing, then changing back to its set color means when you are sitting in the car with the engine off for a bit?
ACSchnitzersprt is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:10 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 1,086
Liked 90 Times in 81 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
Originally Posted by GuardianVA View Post
Which vehicle is that screen from? I know my screen for ambient looks nothing like that.
2019 E450 CAB.


Originally Posted by ACSchnitzersprt View Post
Similarly on this topic, but not specific-- Does anyone know what the Ambient Light changing to Red, flashing, then changing back to its set color means when you are sitting in the car with the engine off for a bit?
It means it's time to crank the window and let that smoke out...lol...sorry, I just had to.

Last edited by rustybear3; 02-12-2019 at 02:24 PM.
rustybear3 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:18 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 114
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
2019 E450 CAB.




It means it's time to crank the window and let that smoke out...lol...sorry, I just had to.
LOL. I bet that flashing red light would freak someone out in that situation. I was in my garage when I noticed it, so I would have gone inside if I did that... if I did that. ha

Not even a vape is getting discharge in this thing. I drive with the windows down if I pick up food during sub 0 weather! haha
ACSchnitzersprt is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rustybear3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greater Cleveland area
Posts: 1,086
Liked 90 Times in 81 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet
I've got to admit, I've sat in my car for long periods of time, making and access adjustments, etc. Never once have I seen that flashing red light you spoke of. That would freak me out in the mode of "danger, danger, Will Robinson."
rustybear3 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Individually controlling ambient lighting on 19s?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: