Floor mat anchor broke off - a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Floor mat anchor broke off - a few questions

I was installing some new OEM all-weather mats in my C43 sedan tonight and hit a snag. During the process of un-snapping one of the buttons on the driver’s side mat, the anchor that the button was paired to broke off.

And the anchor remained “snapped in” to the floor mat. I had to pop the anchor out. It was the “nipple” piece of the anchor. The inside of the nipple looked threaded.

What was left on the floor board was a white, plastic-looking stem. I was able to pop the nipple piece of the anchor back onto the stem, and it clicked into place. However, it now rotates freely.

I was still able to click in the floor mat on that side.

My questions are as follows: 1) Did I break the anchor to the point it needs to be replaced completely?

2) Or, are the 2 anchor component pieces I mentioned simply glued together, and they merely need to be re-glued to stop the rotating?

Last edited by zibby43; 02-11-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Just super glue it back on. Don't overthink it. It has one function, to snap into the floor mat.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Just super glue it back on. Don't overthink it. It has one function, to snap into the floor mat.
That’s what I am hoping will be the fix. I don’t want the damn thing breaking off every time I take out my floor mat to clean the carpeting underneath when I detail.

If the anchors were originally affixed with glue, then I think it will be a nice and permanent solution with some better/fresh adhesive.

Thanks for the reply man.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 C43
This happened to me as well on my brand new OEM winter mats. Will be bringing this up at the dealer but I surmise "fixing" it means just replacing a defective design with another defective design *facepalm*
Old 02-15-2019, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by st33zy
This happened to me as well on my brand new OEM winter mats. Will be bringing this up at the dealer but I surmise "fixing" it means just replacing a defective design with another defective design *facepalm*

If you're going to get this worked up over such a small issue, strongly suggest you immediately trade your MB in for something boring and reliable (think Lexus).