Sponsored by:

Anyone purchased Racechip for 2019 C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 02:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 C43
Originally Posted by user33
So what was the issue with the connector(s) and what did you do that finally enabled them to be pulled apart?
I didn't find out a method to unplug these sensors until I drove my car to see a mechanic who previously worked at MB service department. He used a mini pry bar and put the head of it to the end of edge of the locking tap (this is located at the middle of the connection). Then he used a little bit force to lift it up with white locking tap already pulled back. Then the issue was solved.

I'll attach an image showing where it is in case someone has the same issue.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:02 AM

Received 383 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyTheDude
I didn't find out a method to unplug these sensors until I drove my car to see a mechanic who previously worked at MB service department. He used a mini pry bar and put the head of it to the end of edge of the locking tap (this is located at the middle of the connection). Then he used a little bit force to lift it up with white locking tap already pulled back. Then the issue was solved.
That's exactly what I was trying to explain in my first response:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7725107

I guess text just doesn't cut it, sometimes (and I'm definitely not a writer).
Old 04-12-2019, 03:08 AM

2019 C43
That's exactly what I was trying to explain in my first response:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7725107

I guess text just doesn't cut it, sometimes (and I'm definitely not a writer).
LOOL, I thought I misunderstood the meaning of it at first. I did what you said before. But I was dumb I didn't put my screwdriver to the place where we finally figured out. Instead, I put the head of my screwdriver to the little space between the plug and socket and tried to lift that up. LMAO. I'm so dumb.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:16 AM

2019 C43
So for those of you guys who have been using Racechip for a really long time, have you guys ever got into trouble with factory warranty? The debate of whether piggyback products void warranty has gone really hot on google. If someone with real experience had taken your vehicle to dealership for services or maintenance, please let me know whether the dealer would void your warranty or not. Even if you remove the chip before entering.

Last edited by BillyTheDude; 04-12-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:41 AM

So for those of you guys who have been using Racechip for a really long time, have you guys ever got into trouble with factory warranty? The debate of whether piggyback products void warranty has gone really hot on google. If someone with real experience had taken your vehicle to dealership for services or maintenance, please let me know whether the dealer would void your warranty or not. Even if you remove the chip before entering.
My car has never had the RaceChip installed when it went to the dealer. Once you know how to get the connectors apart, it's not too much work to remove/reinstall. #;-)) Luckily, I've only had regular maintenance since getting the RaceChip (and, once the pre-paid maintenance is done, I tend to do nearly all my own work).

I wouldn't want to test things with any dealer. If a plug-coil or sensor fails (for example), I don't want any excuse to be provided to avoid warranty repairs. OTOH, if I blew up the turbos or engine due to overboosting (not likely with RaceChip, but may be possible playing with JB4), I'd take responsibility for it. In reality, the normal settings on the RaceChip or JB products are typically not boosting the engine beyond what AMG is doing with the same engine in various applications (especially the M177), so I don't see too much risk.
The following users liked this post:
BillyTheDude (04-13-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 08:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
Hey guys, now I've successfully installed the Racechip and my car is incredibly fast. From original 4.5s to 4.0s (sometimes 3.9s with a good launch) when doing 0-100. Just amazing!
Now that it’s been a few months, would you recommend it? I have a facelift too and was toying with the idea of ordering one. It’s pricey, and the potential warranty issues have me worried, but would you say the risk is worth the reward so far on your ‘19?
PFEAMG (06-05-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
I've learnt that the Racechip GTS Black has 7 modes on the box itself, but how does this work vis-a-vis the 3 stages in the Racechip App? Does changing the mode in the App affect the mode on the box and vice versa?

Is the warm up timer adjustable or does it have fixed timing?
Old 06-12-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by TModelle
I've learnt that the Racechip GTS Black has 7 modes on the box itself, but how does this work vis-a-vis the 3 stages in the Racechip App? Does changing the mode in the App affect the mode on the box and vice versa?

Is the warm up timer adjustable or does it have fixed timing?
The app shows the mode that's associated with each "stage" (e.g., Race setting defaults to level/map 6). You can also adjust the level/map for each of the setting "stages." The warm-up timer is adjustable within a range of 0-15 minutes (personally, I have the timer turned off and show the AMG center-console display and wait for proper temps to be reached before any non-gentle running).
Old 06-13-2019, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
The app shows the mode that's associated with each "stage" (e.g., Race setting defaults to level/map 6). You can also adjust the level/map for each of the setting "stages." The warm-up timer is adjustable within a range of 0-15 minutes (personally, I have the timer turned off and show the AMG center-console display and wait for proper temps to be reached before any non-gentle running).
So basically the 3 stages via App are really an abbreviated version of the 7 modes on the Racechip?
Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM

So basically the 3 stages via App are really an abbreviated version of the 7 modes on the Racechip?
Well, more like you have 3 pre-set modes that can be app-switched (on the fly) to access any 3 of the 7 performance maps the RaceChip supports. That makes it not only flexible, but convenient.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Well, more like you have 3 pre-set modes that can be app-switched (on the fly) to access any 3 of the 7 performance maps the RaceChip supports. That makes it not only flexible, but convenient.
Just wondering, when you change between the modes in the App, does the number on display on the chip itself change?
Old 06-15-2019, 02:53 PM

Just wondering, when you change between the modes in the App, does the number on display on the chip itself change?
I would guess it does, but mine's tucked away under the cover by the battery, so don't know. In reality, who cares? I have the app-connected option so I don't have to play with the unit that's under the hood.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Hows the performance of the Racechip on the 2019 facelift model? Some guys on JB4 are having trouble with performance on the 2019 models vs the earlier models, something about the 2019 being different and harder to attain the boost levels. Does this apply to Racechip as well?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Does the Racechip work properly on the 2019 models? Hope that 2019 users can share their experience with it, or better yet if they possess performance figures.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
The RC is like the old BMS Stage1 only without the RPM signal. No CANbus or fuel control like the JB4 and certainly no prospect for WGDC control. It's fine for what it does but it's more limited in what it can do than a JB4 even if you don't connect all the JB4 wires.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by BMS
The RC is like the old BMS Stage1 only without the RPM signal. No CANbus or fuel control like the JB4 and certainly no prospect for WGDC control. It's fine for what it does but it's more limited in what it can do than a JB4 even if you don't connect all the JB4 wires.
Is WGDC short wastegate duty cycle? Could you tell us more how this can help increase performance.

And on another note, if what we're really doing is augmenting the signals for the pre and post throttle pressure signals to make the ecu compute and change the behaviour of the wategate to get more boost and more performance, then wouldn't the added direct control of the wastegate cause problems? I would think ideally the ecu should decide the wastegate on its own based on the altered inputs of the pressure sensors, but then if you add controlling the wastegate directly, wouldn't this cause too many variables and potential improbably states that might get flagged as erroneous by the ecu? I apologise if my layman understanding might be too simplified, but I hope to learn more before making a decision about the product.

Last edited by TModelle; 06-19-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
Hey guys, now I've successfully installed the Racechip and my car is incredibly fast. From original 4.5s to 4.0s (sometimes 3.9s with a good launch) when doing 0-100. Just amazing!
I also have a new facelifted c43 sedan, it was quite fast when I first got it back in April.. now putting 5K miles on it; I’m just not feeling the power from the car anymore. Thank god I found this forum, because everything I found on mbworld was about prefacelifted garbage. I’m wanting to know if the transmission issues are really that harsh with the race chip??! My transmission already feels a bit off.. please let me know how your experience was before and after the race chip in terms of driving reliablity, transmission behavior, and overall issues you’ve noticed. Thank you, best wishes
Old 03-16-2021, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
how is the transmission feeling like with the racechip? I also have a 2019 and is currently looking for some mild tuning.
Also, does the chip tuning boost all drive modes, comfort, sport, and sport+? I really dont care about sport mode. I either do comfort or sport+ when im driving lol
Old 03-16-2021, 03:02 PM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by Vincent Lluch
how is the transmission feeling like with the racechip? I also have a 2019 and is currently looking for some mild tuning.
Also, does the chip tuning boost all drive modes, comfort, sport, and sport+? I really dont care about sport mode. I either do comfort or sport+ when im driving lol
To be honest the transmission will be a little bit jerkier when the chip is activated.

Yes it will increase boost pressure no matter what mode you are driving.
Vincent Lluch (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 07:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
To be honest the transmission will be a little bit jerkier when the chip is activated.

Yes it will increase boost pressure no matter what mode you are driving.
so, is it worth it?
Like, how jerky does the transmission become? I mean, it is already jerky on sport+ especially on gears 1-2. Does it get worse and does it feel like its putting pressure on the transmission?
Old 03-16-2021, 07:33 PM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by Vincent Lluch
so, is it worth it?
Like, how jerky does the transmission become? I mean, it is already jerky on sport+ especially on gears 1-2. Does it get worse and does it feel like its putting pressure on the transmission?
Nothing too crazy but I can feel the transmission is definitely on more strain compared to completely stock. So whether this Racechip worth it or not depends on how you think of your warranty. I’m more worried about my warranty so I think it’s worth it. If not then I’ll just get a proper ECU tune.