Old 05-08-2019, 11:38 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by SilverBullet18
just my 2 cents

new steering wheel
new airbag
new mesh front grill
new grill double bar "blade" (what holds the emblem)
new rear diffuser
new left exhaust outlet
new right exhaust outlet
new front bumper
bumper grills (x3)
new wheels (front and back are different sizes so each is a new "part"
new steering wheel controls (left)
new steering wheel controls (right)
new front headlights (each is a "part")
new rear taillights (each is a "part")

those in of themselves are 19 new parts.
True, good point. Many of the parts are really doubled to account for left/right etc.

I wonder what level of granularity MB is using with the parts count. A headlight housing, for example has numerous components (seals, bulbs, leveling motors, turn signal bulbs, daytime running leds, plugs, wires, brackets etc). Its one new "item" but is comprised of many parts in of itself. I would think they must be doing that to get to the 6500 number.
The following users liked this post:
AhEmGee (05-08-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 03:03 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
True, good point. Many of the parts are really doubled to account for left/right etc.

I wonder what level of granularity MB is using with the parts count. A headlight housing, for example has numerous components (seals, bulbs, leveling motors, turn signal bulbs, daytime running leds, plugs, wires, brackets etc). Its one new "item" but is comprised of many parts in of itself. I would think they must be doing that to get to the 6500 number.
I would assume as much as possible. Makes it seem like a greater changer, therefore a "newer" design. Hell, I would go as far to say that diodes, wires, etc. might have been counted.
PFEAMG (05-09-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2019 C43
There are tons of little changes/parts that people aren't thinking about. The steering wheel column is different as well because you no longer have the cruise controls on it. The whole center console piece is different, for many reasons. The 2019's have wireless phone charging. That whole area there is way bigger. They removed the ash tray and added USB ports...etc. Anyone notice that the 2019's no longer have CD players either? The slot for CD's is now non existent. Above all that, in the roof liner, the controls are different as well. New buttons, different placement of them, as well as them working differently. The mirror is different. The cameras behind the mirror look different (both from looking through the windshield into them, as well as from the drivers seats. The plastic covering is very different). Every time I get in the car I notice something that is different from the 2017-2018 models.

Also, on the different turbo/tune topic. The new tune is horrible. I've giving the car some time hoping that something will change, but I've drove 2 different 2019 C43's now with the same things. The car is significantly slower than my 2017 C43. Best 0-100km/h time I've been able to get is around 4.8s. Though normally closer to 4.9s. Also, the car refuses to accelerate if you downshift from 3rd to 2nd and then step on the throttle. The car will not do anything for many seconds. A 50-100km/h is likely in the 5 second range. I have found this to be sporadic though. Sometimes it's fine, other times you go to pass a car and they end up getting much further ahead of you before your car finally decides to build boost.

Last edited by MrLoganC; 05-10-2019 at 10:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MrLoganC:
aniqmatic (05-11-2019), PFEAMG (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by MrLoganC
There are tons of little changes/parts that people aren't thinking about. The steering wheel column is different as well because you no longer have the cruise controls on it. The whole center console piece is different, for many reasons. The 2019's have wireless phone charging. That whole area there is way bigger. They removed the ash tray and added USB ports...etc. Anyone notice that the 2019's no longer have CD players either? The slot for CD's is now non existent. Above all that, in the roof liner, the controls are different as well. New buttons, different placement of them, as well as them working differently. The mirror is different. The cameras behind the mirror look different (both from looking through the windshield into them, as well as from the drivers seats. The plastic covering is very different). Every time I get in the car I notice something that is different from the 2017-2018 models.

Also, on the different turbo/tune topic. The new tune is horrible. I've giving the car some time hoping that something will change, but I've drove 2 different 2019 C43's now with the same things. The car is significantly slower than my 2017 C43. Best 0-100km/h time I've been able to get is around 4.8s. Though normally closer to 4.9s. Also, the car refuses to accelerate if you downshift from 3rd to 2nd and then step on the throttle. The car will not do anything for many seconds. A 50-100km/h is likely in the 5 second range. I have found this to be sporadic though. Sometimes it's fine, other times you go to pass a car and they end up getting much further ahead of you before your car finally decides to build boost.
Thanks for your perspective! It all starts to make more sense when you start to see all those little different changes...and those are the just ones you can physically see.

Little disconcerting about your experience with the new turbo tune etc. I test drove two c43’s but I really didn’t have a basis of comparison other that the c63 and e53 I drove. Hope it gets better for you as the car gets more broken in.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:16 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
Weird, I have driven 3 prefacelift c43’s and they all felt slower than the 2019. I also haven’t experienced any of those delay issues.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:45 AM

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
Thanks for your perspective! It all starts to make more sense when you start to see all those little different changes...and those are the just ones you can physically see.

Little disconcerting about your experience with the new turbo tune etc. I test drove two c43’s but I really didn’t have a basis of comparison other that the c63 and e53 I drove. Hope it gets better for you as the car gets more broken in.
This contradicts my experience, too. I got a 4.3 to 60 and 12.6 1/4, and probably could have done better with mire time before I went to Map 1 on my JB4.
PFEAMG (05-12-2019)