Sponsored by:

C43 Facelift Eurocharged Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe, Mountune Ford Focus RS, Range Rover Sport
Originally Posted by AhEmGee
Haha re Dragy. As you know too late for that!
Unfortunately for me, the best bit of private half mile road is about 15 miles away, and trust me I've looked in detail.
The Dragy is a very useful tool to compare results for tuned vs stock etc. My acceleration times are vastly improved despite the above map issues.
Appreciate you appreciatting my humour....lol!
The following users liked this post:
AhEmGee (10-10-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 10:25 PM

New best time for 0-60 mph on the new V4 map.
AFAIK fastest tune only C43 / Estate time posted.
The faster times all have intake and DPs upgraded.
Very nice time indeed mate! I am just about to have new disks and better pads all-round due to launch abuse.and the such like. BUT hasn't got me near your launches
The following users liked this post:
AhEmGee (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 02:17 PM

Haha re Dragy. As you know too late for that!
Unfortunately for me, the best bit of private half mile road is about 15 miles away, and trust me I've looked in detail.
The Dragy is a very useful tool to compare results for tuned vs stock etc. My acceleration times are vastly improved despite the above map issues.
Bedford autodrome is my local track and know the guys well there from many a track day and ARDS training. FYI, it is the longest GT circuit in the Uk at 3.2m with only one section of armco. Being an old WW2 airfield, the run off's are onto grass which is great for really pushing things and only spinning off onto grass if pushed too much..lol!

My fastest times on the circuit were achieved in a MkII Focus RS, BTCC prepared by Fords's official tuning partner, Mountune down in Brentwood, really great guys. It was a fantastic bit of kit with a great chassis, much like the C205.The Volvo derived 5 cylinder Duratec, when tuned sounded just like the short wheel base Group B Rally Audi's from the 80's.....wonderful!

I say fastest, as I also had a 997.1 GT3 RS at the time but local council regs on noise levels, meant that I couldn't use it it in 'Sport' mode, which essentially delivered an extra 60hp via straight through exhaust etc. Therefore the Focus RS was quicker (they weighed the same). Fun days.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Just the latest revision of the software from EC for the M276 engine.
Several of the fastest C43s, tuned by EC Canada have it.
You can't get it via MSL as EC only seem to send them older V3.
This is really great info, so thanks. I am contemplating the EC V4 tune now as a result of your updates and times. Would still run the JB4 over the top, for data logging if nothing else, as is such a good tool.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by UKARDSracer
This is really great info, so thanks. I am contemplating the EC V4 tune now as a result of your updates and times. Would still run the JB4 over the top, for data logging if nothing else, as is such a good tool.
Just sent a pm.
With the OPF that I'm pretty sure they dont have in USA, for best performance you could still run the JB4 to help with top end power.
But the OPF is creating a back pressure bottleneck and you don't want to push the turbos too hard chasing that extra power . An OPF delete would make a huge difference without needing to run more boost.