New grill now have error brake assist not operational

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
New grill now have error brake assist not operational

Hello all,
I recently had a local shop that does work for me install my Panamarica grill and since them my brake assist gives an error that its not functioning. Its not off as it shows it as being not operational. Any thoughts on what could cause this? I checked and the cable is install into the element behind the star. I am going to take it back on Tuesday (after the holiday in the US) but would love to resolve prior. Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:58 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
I'm sorry to hear about your problem.
I recently have had an aftermarket grill installed in my c43 2019.
My brake on hold works fine.
I'm not very mechanical but this is all I can tell you.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 AM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Originally Posted by Forest Jim
Thanks for the kind words of support. I am referring to the Distronic sensor hehind the star on the grill. I have read that is may need to be "reset" upon disconnecting and am hoping its just that. If not an its was damaged during install I guess the installer will have to cover the cost as I would have to believe MB will not replace under warranty. I will keep everyone posted as I am going to call Tuesday after the holiday to schedule service call.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by gordotre
Thanks for the kind words of support. I am referring to the Distronic sensor hehind the star on the grill. I have read that is may need to be "reset" upon disconnecting and am hoping its just that. If not an its was damaged during install I guess the installer will have to cover the cost as I would have to believe MB will not replace under warranty. I will keep everyone posted as I am going to call Tuesday after the holiday to schedule service call.
Did they remember to plug the connector back in for the sensor? Seems stupid for them to have forgotten to do that, but it happens.
The following users liked this post:
Cosworth2000 (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 01:16 PM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Originally Posted by GuardianVA
Did they remember to plug the connector back in for the sensor? Seems stupid for them to have forgotten to do that, but it happens.

Reasonable questions but yes, they did as that was the first and most obvious thing I checked. I will say I do believe that on the drive home I did not see the error. At least I do not remember seeing it until I drove the car the next day.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:01 PM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Hello all,
I recently had a local shop that does work for me install my Panamerica grill and since them my brake assist gives an error that its not functioning. Its not off as it shows it as being not operational. Any thoughts on what could cause this? I checked and the cable is install into the element behind the star. I am going to take it back on Tuesday (after the holiday in the US) but would love to resolve prior. Any suggestions or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
So I took it to the shop and it turned out to be the sensor was re-installed and not properly centered and level. So they adjusted it and also found the the lens cover under the Mercedes logo was also damaged so I ordered another one. Ended up costing my @500.00 between labor and the 225.00 Mercedes lens cover. I am having my installer cover this as it was due to negligence.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
So I took it to the shop and it turned out to be the sensor was re-installed and not properly centered and level. So they adjusted it and also found the the lens cover under the Mercedes logo was also damaged so I ordered another one. Ended up costing my @500.00 between labor and the 225.00 Mercedes lens cover. I am having my installer cover this as it was due to negligence.
$225 lens cover?
Old 05-29-2019, 05:04 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
What was the original cost of having the grill installed. I've had an aftermarket grill sitting around since Feb. I may get it put on soon.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:12 PM

2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Originally Posted by DVision44
What was the original cost of having the grill installed. I've had an aftermarket grill sitting around since Feb. I may get it put on soon.
2\
It was ~3 hrs of labor (300).
The following users liked this post:
DVision44 (05-30-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 11:48 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan Update GLE 43 SVU - A200 W177
Feeewwww.... I'm glad you worked it out
Old 05-30-2019, 11:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by Forest Jim
Do you have the 360 camera? I'm looking for a new grille that will fit the 2019, but the fact that I have the camera seems to yield my options to zero. I actually bought a panamericana with camera grille months before my '19 arrived, only to find out recently that it won't fit the 19. Haven't tried it, but that what I'm seeing everywhere I read. Anyways, I'm curious as to what you installed, because our options with the '19 seem limited.
Old 07-15-2023, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 Gle350
Active brake assist limited

hey guys I got the GTR grill installed off eBay manufactured by China. But the housing that holds the distronic sensor moved out of place and ever since been getting active brake assist limited. I opened the emblem to see that the sensor was tilted and I put it back in place but still having the warning message. Do I need to reset it or wait for it to reconfigure it’s self.

thank you