C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long time lurker - C43 pics & Tire problem question !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 01:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Long time lurker - C43 pics & Tire problem question !

Hi all,

Been following topics for a long time but haven't had the chance to contribute. Here are couple of pics of my '18 C43 coupe that has some chrome delete + wrap modes done.

However, my main reason for making this topic is to ask all of you for advice. I just recently realized that my front right tire is losing pressure (28 psi randomly) so I checked and saw a little bubbling. Every other tire is in perfect condition.

In my case what do I do going forward ? Do I simply put pressure back into the tire and drive it to ground or do I replace it ? If I decide to replace it, do I need to buy a whole set or can I just buy 1 tire ?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-10-2019, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 524 Posts
c
replace - front driver side looks worn anyways - might be time to replace all of them - go non runflat
Old 06-10-2019, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
As evident by the curb rash, looks to be a pinch puncture in the sidewall. Sidewalls cannot be repaired. Minimum course of action is to replace the axle's worth of tires (both fronts or both rears depending on where this is). As alexasa suggested, depending on your intended use, top two non-runflat suggestions are usually Michelin PS4's or AS3+'s, along with adding an AC air pump and bottle of tire slime or patch kit in the trunk. I second just replacing all four if you've got the cheddar.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
As evident by the curb rash, looks to be a pinch puncture in the sidewall. Sidewalls cannot be repaired. Minimum course of action is to replace the axle's worth of tires (both fronts or both rears depending on where this is). As alexasa suggested, depending on your intended use, top two non-runflat suggestions are usually Michelin PS4's or AS3+'s, along with adding an AC air pump and bottle of tire slime or patch kit in the trunk. I second just replacing all four if you've got the cheddar.
Quick question. Can I keep the rear 2 Pzeros 255/35/19 RFTs and replace the front 2 w/ Michelin PS4's ? or if I am going non-RFT fronts, I will have to replace all 4 to match ? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:46 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 C43 Wagon
Originally Posted by Seqqsy
Quick question. Can I keep the rear 2 Pzeros 255/35/19 RFTs and replace the front 2 w/ Michelin PS4's ? or if I am going non-RFT fronts, I will have to replace all 4 to match ? Thanks.
How worn are the rears? I'm new to Mercedes, but typically with full time AWD, you want the tire circumfrences to be close between the Front and Rear axles. Regardless, I suspect the best answer is to not mix types and brands.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by Silverbird
How worn are the rears? I'm new to Mercedes, but typically with full time AWD, you want the tire circumfrences to be close between the Front and Rear axles. Regardless, I suspect the best answer is to not mix types and brands.
100% incorrect. You want the tires close on the SAME axle. If you have mixed wear tires on the same axle the computers are going to see the left potential spinning at different rate than the right and engage TC.

You can absolutely run different brands and RF in the rear and non-RF up front. I just did it for 20k miles...new AS3+'s up front, stock Continental RFs out back.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
100% incorrect. You want the tires close on the SAME axle. If you have mixed wear tires on the same axle the computers are going to see the left potential spinning at different rate than the right and engage TC.

You can absolutely run different brands and RF in the rear and non-RF up front. I just did it for 20k miles...new AS3+'s up front, stock Continental RFs out back.
I am assuming he means squared. Makes life easier for rotations. Thats about it.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:02 PM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
2019 C43 Wagon
My bad, I'm coming from an Audi, where the quattro system is/was happiest with the same size tires all around.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by Silverbird
My bad, I'm coming from an Audi, where the quattro system is/was happiest with the same size tires all around.
Even then it's not a critical factor, so long as the axle is the same. Dealers especially, but tire shops to a certain extent too, are all out to sell full sets of tires because $$$$ is better than $$. I replaced an axle at a time on my A4 without issue. It's scary how easy TC will engage when driving around with a factory donut on one corner and 19s on the rest.