Sponsored by:

2016 C450 AMG turbo upgrade project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 07:22 AM

Received 184 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Mercedes C450AMG sedan
Instagram finally up! LOL

Hello everyone! Many of you had asked if I had an instagram account…finally got around to creating one.
You can follow my two project cars (C450AMG and my new R35 GTR) on IG @workinghrd2
Will do my best to post all the project build of this C450amg project since we started a couple of years back. A lot to post LOL.
Thanks again for following. 🙏
The following 3 users liked this post by Hrd_workin:
alexasa (08-07-2022), BoolitSpunjBoon (08-08-2022), TurboKits.com (08-08-2022)
Old 03-11-2023, 06:02 PM

2023 UPDATE C63 BBK conversion and engine done!

Apologize as it has been a bit since I posted the project process on this thread. Been posting pics and videos on my Instagram account at @workinghrd2 or @TopDoc07
That said thank you all for following this project.
Special thanks to Cesario and @Star4life for all their help. Custom C63 big brake conversion kit from
InfiniteAutowerks.com installed flawlessly!
Just needed 4mm longer bolts for now before new proposed 2 piece 10” fronts and 12” rears go in with the widebody kit.
Modalworks carbon fiber intake installed as well.
So to date everything motor wise, brake wise, suspension, exhaust, is all done…finally.
Next up is getting the Water-meth install along with engine tune and TCU tune.
hope you all like the photos and update.
thanks again for following.

Still a very nice stance with the H&R springs. Custom aluminum hats were 4mm thicker actually set the tires to be real square. Still needs an alignment and camber adjustment from motor/tranny being pulled.

So much bigger! LOL Really fills up the 19” inner wheel space.

All ready to get trailered for tuning!

Rear brake C63 conversion all lines, ebrake fit like OEM.

Motor all built and in! Just waiting for the custom engine cover. Just a quick run down for new views to the thread: 2016 C450AMG - Engine: custom wrapped PTP @TurboKits.com turbos, Forged JE 9.8:1 pistons and 4340 Pauter forged rods from Steve Nelson at Topend Performance, Wagner intercooler with meth bungs, Spool FX-180 HPFP, Custom high flow LPFP and large bore fuel rail, ModalWorks carbon fiber air intake all from Initinite Autowerks.com, NGK plugs, and soon Snow water meth system, custom engine and TCU tune.

Last edited by Hrd_workin; 03-11-2023 at 06:54 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Hrd_workin:
alexasa (03-13-2023), Cade Robertson (03-12-2023), Darrington (03-12-2023), Graycat305 (01-11-2024), Star4life (03-16-2023), TurboKits.com (03-12-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-12-2023, 09:44 PM
SPONSOR

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
2014 CLA 250
Looks amazing, what a build!!
Old 03-22-2023, 04:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C450
This is an absolutely stunning ride!! Do you mind sharing the manufacturer of that carbon trunk?
The following 2 users liked this post by ozz1ye:
DarveshT (07-16-2024), TurboKits.com (03-22-2023)
Old 01-24-2024, 03:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glc 43 SUV , gle coupe 450
Originally Posted by Hrd_workin
Apologize as it has been a bit since I posted the project process on this thread. Been posting pics and videos on my Instagram account at @workinghrd2 or @TopDoc07
That said thank you all for following this project.
Special thanks to Cesario and @Star4life for all their help. Custom C63 big brake conversion kit from
InfiniteAutowerks.com installed flawlessly!
Just needed 4mm longer bolts for now before new proposed 2 piece 10” fronts and 12” rears go in with the widebody kit.
Modalworks carbon fiber intake installed as well.
So to date everything motor wise, brake wise, suspension, exhaust, is all done…finally.
Next up is getting the Water-meth install along with engine tune and TCU tune.
hope you all like the photos and update.
thanks again for following.

Still a very nice stance with the H&R springs. Custom aluminum hats were 4mm thicker actually set the tires to be real square. Still needs an alignment and camber adjustment from motor/tranny being pulled.

So much bigger! LOL Really fills up the 19” inner wheel space.

All ready to get trailered for tuning!

Rear brake C63 conversion all lines, ebrake fit like OEM.

Motor all built and in! Just waiting for the custom engine cover. Just a quick run down for new views to the thread: 2016 C450AMG - Engine: custom wrapped PTP @TurboKits.com turbos, Forged JE 9.8:1 pistons and 4340 Pauter forged rods from Steve Nelson at Topend Performance, Wagner intercooler with meth bungs, Spool FX-180 HPFP, Custom high flow LPFP and large bore fuel rail, ModalWorks carbon fiber air intake all from Initinite Autowerks.com, NGK plugs, and soon Snow water meth system, custom engine and TCU tune.
you sir are a legend!!! The last thing to doo would be a v8 swap
The following users liked this post:
Hrd_workin (02-17-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 04:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
'16 GLC 43 AMG
This has been amazing to catch up on! Just wow! Cannot wait to see the final results.
Hrd_workin (06-12-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 08:40 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
No update from the OP for over a year. Reasonable assumption is that the car has been sold or it did not work out well.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:55 PM
SPONSOR

2014 CLA 250
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
No update from the OP for over a year. Reasonable assumption is that the car has been sold or it did not work out well.
I don't even think he had the turbos installed, we started with it being a test for the turbos and then he put together this amazing build, but I don't think I ever heard from him at all about the turbos going in and / or being tuned...
Old 04-10-2024, 11:56 AM

Newest update

Hello all and yes it’s been sometime posting on this MB forum.
For the last year been building my 2015 1500hp Liberty Walk Nissan GTR R35 and got deep into that platform… ie $250K+

Now to refocus on the C450 MB project 🎉👍
- #26 fully hand built from Japan HKS 4.3L Step 3 motors, fully built drivetrain, Shep stage 3 trans, wavetrac LSD, axels etc

#distraction lol My second build on a GTR platform

Won its second Best Of Show
LOL 😂 You can see both projects on my IG @TopDoc07

That said @TurboKits.com C450 project is going great! Turbos ARE in and NO I have not sold the car (why? is anyone interested LOL)
Car is running well and we are just waiting in line for final tuning on a mustang dyno.
Original dyno numbers before we started this project was on a mustang dyno so to compare apples to apples was looking for a place with a similar setup.
It has been a journey and so thankful to have documented it here on this thread for those to enjoy this unique build.
As soon as we get those numbers I’ll post more pics and dyno sheets.
Thanks for following, the positive support, and wish you all well.
The following 3 users liked this post by Hrd_workin:
alexasa (04-10-2024), jonathan358 (04-11-2024), TurboKits.com (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:52 PM
SPONSOR

2014 CLA 250
Hello all and yes it’s been sometime posting on this MB forum.
For the last year been building my 2015 1500hp Liberty Walk Nissan GTR R35 and got deep into that platform… ie $250K+

Now to refocus on the C450 MB project 🎉👍
- #26 fully hand built from Japan HKS 4.3L Step 3 motors, fully built drivetrain, Shep stage 3 trans, wavetrac LSD, axels etc

#distraction lol My second build on a GTR platform

Won its second Best Of Show
LOL 😂 You can see both projects on my IG @TopDoc07

That said @TurboKits.com C450 project is going great! Turbos ARE in and NO I have not sold the car (why? is anyone interested LOL)
Car is running well and we are just waiting in line for final tuning on a mustang dyno.
Original dyno numbers before we started this project was on a mustang dyno so to compare apples to apples was looking for a place with a similar setup.
It has been a journey and so thankful to have documented it here on this thread for those to enjoy this unique build.
As soon as we get those numbers I’ll post more pics and dyno sheets.
Thanks for following, the positive support, and wish you all well.
WOW!!! Amazing GTR! Thanks for the update, looking forward to the results and feedback!
Hrd_workin (06-12-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 11:31 PM

Tuning project update

Just posting an update. Cesario, Eric and the team at The Auto Lounge in North Hollywood are working hard and have everything almost dialed in. @TurboKits.com turbos are very responsive, TCU tune, fuel map etc are running great now.
Issue with old FX180 HPFP going bad straight out of the box and then needing custom fittings was done. Special thanks to Spools customer service for doing a full replacement with the newer unit.
That said -car hit the mustang Dyno for the first time and sure enough another small issue.
Car hits around 22psi and then the Wagoner intercooler boot keeps slipping off loosing boost.
As you can see from the photo the OEM boot just seems a little too short.
Contacting @wagoner but has anyone run into this issue? Fixes

?
Other than the OTC “home remedies” of brake cleaner and hairspray does anyone know of a universal boot slightly longer than the OEM one with 3 1/4 inlet-outlet?
thanks in advance to all who are following as I know the posts have been sporadic due to work/life.
Hoping to get this resolved and back on the dyno again.

Last edited by Hrd_workin; 06-11-2024 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2024, 08:16 AM
SPONSOR

2014 CLA 250
Just posting an update. Cesario, Eric and the team at The Auto Lounge in North Hollywood are working hard and have everything almost dialed in. @TurboKits.com turbos are very responsive, TCU tune, fuel map etc are running great now.
Issue with old FX180 HPFP going bad straight out of the box and then needing custom fittings was done. Special thanks to Spools customer service for doing a full replacement with the newer unit.
That said -car hit the mustang Dyno for the first time and sure enough another small issue.
Car hits around 22psi and then the Wagoner intercooler boot keeps slipping off loosing boost.
As you can see from the photo the OEM boot just seems a little too short.
Contacting @wagoner but has anyone run into this issue? Fixes

?
Other than the OTC “home remedies” of brake cleaner and hairspray does anyone know of a universal boot slightly longer than the OEM one with 3 1/4 inlet-outlet?
thanks in advance to all who are following as I know the posts have been sporadic due to work/life.
Hoping to get this resolved and back on the dyno again.
Hey Hey, glad to see you back at it!! Why not get a standard 3.25" coupler from Vibrant or heck even amazon or EBAY and then just cut it down to length? Soooo close at this point!!
Hrd_workin (06-20-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 02:08 PM

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 C400 4MATIC Palladium Silver Metallic
Does the Wagner intercooler not have a bottom mount/ retention bracket like the stock intercooler?

My own experience removing the stock intercooler leads me to think this would be very difficult to have that fitting pop off on a stock intercooler that's properly seated in the bottom bracket.
Hrd_workin (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TwoC400s
Does the Wagner intercooler not have a bottom mount/ retention bracket like the stock intercooler?

My own experience removing the stock intercooler leads me to think this would be very difficult to have that fitting pop off on a stock intercooler that's properly seated in the bottom bracket.
Thanks for mentioning that. Yes the intercooler is in the bottom bracket. Possibly thinking in addition to the increased boost pressures; this unit was one of the first runs when they first were available. Possibly the newer ones have just a slightly longer flange.
in any case just ordered a longer boot.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by TurboKits.com
Hey Hey, glad to see you back at it!! Why not get a standard 3.25" coupler from Vibrant or heck even amazon or EBAY and then just cut it down to length? Soooo close at this point!!
Hey buddy, yep still moving on it. Exciting for sure to get to this point.
Thanks for the info as we were waiting to hear back from Wagoner but will order a longer universal boot as well.
Hope all is well and thanks for the support on this. When the boot is on; the car pulls like crazy.
Have some initial videos…just have to learn how to post those here??? lol
TurboKits.com (06-20-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 04:01 PM
SPONSOR

2014 CLA 250
Hey buddy, yep still moving on it. Exciting for sure to get to this point.
Thanks for the info as we were waiting to hear back from Wagoner but will order a longer universal boot as well.
Hope all is well and thanks for the support on this. When the boot is on; the car pulls like crazy.
Have some initial videos…just have to learn how to post those here??? lol
Awesome, put them up on GOogle drive and send the link to us and we'll get them on our Youtube channel and make it sharable so you can use them too

Looking forward to seeing the final DYNO #s too!!
Hrd_workin (07-17-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 05:05 AM

2018 E400 Coupe, 2022 E450 Sedan
Originally Posted by munis
I thought it was already established that logic was something that was not being applied here. Logically this entire build does not make sense. After spending all this money, this car will still get whacked by a stock C63s from roll. That is if nothing else fails, which is pipe dream at the moment. Logic dictates that it is a far better choice to just get a C63s instead.

To each their own to be honest. People like spending money as they see fit.
I drive a 2018 E400 Coupe, Same motor and 9speed trans as a 2017 C43. With just a JB4, Boost controller, and Downpipe i spanked a C63s. Your statement, tho now old, is incorrect. just wanted to let you know these things are seriously capably, especially after upgraded fueling, turbos, and rods.
Hrd_workin (07-17-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 06:49 AM

Hey man, makes me so happy to see someone has actually done a complete documented build on a M276 DE30LE. Previously I've seen a guy on social media with a c43 PFL claim 750 crank on meth and some ethanol blend but he did not post a build list or Dyno chart. I've now spent the last 2-3 hours going through the entirety of this forum, and performance wise this is basically my dream build. I would really appreciate an update on power figures and draggy times. A stock turbo and stock internal c43 by EC has run 10.9S so I'm hoping to see low 10s or even high 9s.

I also run a small Bespoke forged wheel company and would love to make you a set to complement your widebody kit. We can make you a 2 piece wheel with a full carbon fibre barrel and even a carbon skinned face if you'd like.

I currently drive a 2018 E400 4matic (Link to my Instagram), I'm debating on either doing a full engine build like your C450 or saving up some $ and buying an AMG GTS as a weekend car and get Pure1000 turbos. If you do manage to get into the 9s I will consider building mine as well.

Cheers
Old 07-17-2024, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by DarveshT
Hey man, makes me so happy to see someone has actually done a complete documented build on a M276 DE30LE. Previously I've seen a guy on social media with a c43 PFL claim 750 crank on meth and some ethanol blend but he did not post a build list or Dyno chart. I've now spent the last 2-3 hours going through the entirety of this forum, and performance wise this is basically my dream build. I would really appreciate an update on power figures and draggy times. A stock turbo and stock internal c43 by EC has run 10.9S so I'm hoping to see low 10s or even high 9s.

I also run a small Bespoke forged wheel company and would love to make you a set to complement your widebody kit. We can make you a 2 piece wheel with a full carbon fibre barrel and even a carbon skinned face if you'd like.

I currently drive a 2018 E400 4matic (Link to my Instagram), I'm debating on either doing a full engine build like your C450 or saving up some $ and buying an AMG GTS as a weekend car and get Pure1000 turbos. If you do manage to get into the 9s I will consider building mine as well.

Cheers
Hey brother yeah man thanks for following and glad to hear this build and thread has also inspired you as well.
Did see your IG reach out to me @topdoc07 and I hit you back.
Thats awesome to hear your run your own wheel company.
For sure let’s talk more!
send me info on my IG.
talk soon.
All the best

Old 07-17-2024, 02:02 AM

UPDATE:
Thanks again to @TurboKits.com and others responses on the Vibrant straight hose.
One of those cut down by 1/4” and some new Mishimoto hose clamps and looks like my man Cesario solved the issue.
Now they can continue fine dialing things in past 22psi without things blowing off and loosing boost.
Now just gotta wait in line for the dyno lol 😆 .
Stay Tuned.
Cheers!

Old 07-17-2024, 08:07 AM
SPONSOR

2014 CLA 250
UPDATE:
Thanks again to @TurboKits.com and others responses on the Vibrant straight hose.
One of those cut down by 1/4” and some new Mishimoto hose clamps and looks like my man Cesario solved the issue.
Now they can continue fine dialing things in past 22psi without things blowing off and loosing boost.
Stay Tuned.
Cheers!
Most excellent!!! Can't wait to see the results!
Hrd_workin (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 04:24 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
UPDATE:
Stay Tuned.
Cheers!
Overnight parts from Japan
Hrd_workin (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 04:26 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by DarveshT

Cheers

literally only 2 C43s have ever run 10's. A Jeff in Taiwan and another Jeff from EC Canada.
It seems a little unlikely that a stage2 E400 would beat a "spank" a C63 on from a roll. Most Stage 2 C43s do like 9 seconds 100-200 which is basically the same as a C63,

Last edited by waisoserious; 07-18-2024 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-18-2024, 06:53 AM

Only 2 C43s have posted online running in the 10s, but I have a friend doing a 10.4 with W.3 turbos ECU TCU CPC tuning Downpipes Intake and intercooler on PS4s, while spinning tires.

I was running E30 blend on JB4 Map 6 when I raced that PFL C63 so maybe that explains how. My E400 weighs ~200lbs more than a c43 but additional power was making up for it. I took the c63 by 2-3 car lenghts, full blown 63AMG getting walked by a "Base model" isn't a regular occurance.

Also, my buddies JB4 and BCM only C43 FL did a 8.2s 100-200. That same car took a FBO F87 M2 off a 50kph roll

These cars are seriously underrated and not enough information online about them.
Hrd_workin (07-18-2024)
Old 07-18-2024, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by TurboKits.com
Most excellent!!! Can't wait to see the results!
For sure! 💪🏼
TurboKits.com (07-18-2024)