Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 AMG C43 4-MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
But blue is BMW and Corvette ZR1
Yes.. I too am having those dark thoughts
Old 09-13-2019, 03:08 AM

Wrap and chrome delete complete. Came out amazing - pictures don’t do it justice. Decided to keep factory caliper color for now, drive the car for a few days and decide on a color next week. Thanks for all the feedback everyone 🙏🏻

The following users liked this post:
Baldur! (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 08:49 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Even though it has been done so much, it does look good "murdered out". Not sure if you wold go for it but whatever color you decide to go with on the calipers, how about painting the 3 point star on front the same color? Might add a nice touch, at least in my opinion. You can always go back to the original star if it doesn't sit well.
mrtakeo (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 534 Posts
c
needs low and spacers now
mrtakeo (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 09:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by mrtakeo
Wrap and chrome delete complete. Came out amazing - pictures don’t do it justice. Decided to keep factory caliper color for now, drive the car for a few days and decide on a color next week. Thanks for all the feedback everyone 🙏🏻

Looks great. Are those the factory 19" twin spoke wheels? If so, did you just paint it or did you wrap it? Do you have any side views to see the wheels, b/c I'm thinking of getting mine blacked out as well.
mrtakeo (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
Even though it has been done so much, it does look good "murdered out". Not sure if you wold go for it but whatever color you decide to go with on the calipers, how about painting the 3 point star on front the same color? Might add a nice touch, at least in my opinion. You can always go back to the original star if it doesn't sit well.
Thank you! I agree. If I’d gotten the car in the factory Selenite Gray I might’ve kept it stock, but this came out really nice.

So the front star on this model, which has the 360 camera and driver assistance package, comes encased in glass and is not a physical emblem. The shop tried pulling it apart with no success. I’m planning on getting the glass tinted to make it more flush with the rest of the car. Trust me it’s bothering me too.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by alexasa
needs low and spacers now
Yep, you got it 😈 1 inch drop on coils and 1/2-3/4 inch spacing. Also planning on resonator delete, downpipes and stage 2 dyno tune.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by JonWu
Looks great. Are those the factory 19" twin spoke wheels? If so, did you just paint it or did you wrap it? Do you have any side views to see the wheels, b/c I'm thinking of getting mine blacked out as well.
Thanks brother! Yep, those are the factory 5-spoke 19’s. Wrapping it would be impossible with all the creases but we did a powdercoat. Came out really nice, I was impressed. I’ll attach photos of before and after below.

jag0124 (07-29-2021)
Old 09-14-2019, 09:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C43 estate
In the last photo you’ve posted the OEM calipers look almost white ... and also, now complete, the overall effect looks great ... and is it just me or do the headlamps now look MASSIVE .... maybe (if legal where you are), they need a really soft tint to tone them down, maybe when you do the grille badge your shop could try one and let you see if you like ... or, unwrapping the outer edge of the grille badge may have work ...

Best thing now is just go drive it and enjoy it .... Ive only just picked mine and smiling every time it comes off the drive!!

Last edited by Senninha; 09-14-2019 at 09:38 AM.
mrtakeo (09-14-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Senninha
In the last photo you’ve posted the OEM calipers look almost white ... and also, now complete, the overall effect looks great ... and is it just me or do the headlamps now look MASSIVE .... maybe (if legal where you are), they need a really soft tint to tone them down, maybe when you do the grille badge your shop could try one and let you see if you like ... or, unwrapping the outer edge of the grille badge may have work ...

Best thing now is just go drive it and enjoy it .... Ive only just picked mine and smiling every time it comes off the drive!!
Yup! You’re on it. I think once I tint the front emblem it’ll make the front grill more seamless but I agree.. the deer in headlights needs to be toned down.

Calipers are silver, might just be the lighting. It looks good with the factory color BUT after driving it for a couple days I want them to stand out more. We shall see..

Going for this look on the front grille, the headlights do look tinted but overall once my car has been lowered it should look similar
Old 09-14-2019, 07:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C43 estate
Calipers are silver, might just be the lighting. It looks good with the factory color BUT after driving it for a couple days I want them to stand out more. We shall see..
I promise you I’m not stalking your posts Mrtakeo ...

So here’s an idea .. you’ve dismissed Copper, reds out, others have dismissed blue ... and you’re looking for a colour to make them stand out ... so how about this ... Petronas Green as featured on the Mercedes GP Petronas F1 ....

I think this will look awesome ... and now thinking of the same idea ...

Last edited by Senninha; 09-14-2019 at 07:03 PM.
mrtakeo (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Senninha
I promise you I’m not stalking your posts Mrtakeo ...

So here’s an idea .. you’ve dismissed Copper, reds out, others have dismissed blue ... and you’re looking for a colour to make them stand out ... so how about this ... Petronas Green as featured on the Mercedes GP Petronas F1 ....

I think this will look awesome ... and now thinking of the same idea ...
Now that was a bombshell Google search I wasn’t expecting. What a beautiful color!!

My top two contenders are now Petronas Green or Matte Red with Black Logo (as seen below)

Petronas Green

Old 09-15-2019, 07:00 PM

C43
Now that was a bombshell Google search I wasn’t expecting. What a beautiful color!!

My top two contenders are now Petronas Green or Matte Red with Black Logo (as seen below)

Petronas Green

Both colors look great, but have you decided on what to do with the small rear brakes? Are you simply going to paint it or are u going to try to get the c63 ones or get caliper covers?
mrtakeo (09-15-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 07:24 PM

Both colors look great, but have you decided on what to do with the small rear brakes? Are you simply going to paint it or are u going to try to get the c63 ones or get caliper covers?
My thoughts were to just paint them, unless you advise getting the covers?
Old 09-15-2019, 07:35 PM

C43
My thoughts were to just paint them, unless you advise getting the covers?
I'm honestly in the same bought as you, except you are ahead of me. I wanted to get my 19" twin-spoke wheels powder-coated black and then get the calipers red, but I honestly didn't know if it was worth it to make the small rear brakes the right color
mrtakeo (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 12:27 PM

I'm honestly in the same bought as you, except you are ahead of me. I wanted to get my 19" twin-spoke wheels powder-coated black and then get the calipers red, but I honestly didn't know if it was worth it to make the small rear brakes the right color
I had the wrap itch for so long I had to jump on it. Definitely take your time deciding. As you can see, it’s a mentally tasking and tedious process 😂

The twin spoke wheels look way better in all gloss black imo. They do start to look brown in the sunlight after a while from brake dust and just dust in general, but when they’re clean they definitely pop.

But like you mentioned on the rear calipers, that is the dilemma. To paint or to caliper cover.. that is the question. I’ve seen caliper paint corrode over time and not look so good so covers might be a good option.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Caliper covers are 100%, unequivocally, undeniably, atrociously, categorically, criminally, the wrong decision. If you're to the point of considering paint vs. covers, this means you need to paint or cut bait and leave them as they came from the factory.

If you ignore this, you deserve all of the eye-rolls, hush-toned trash talking, and outright disdain that will absolutely accompany caliper covers. /thread
The following 2 users liked this post by RichardCranium3:
Freder8d (08-28-2021), mrtakeo (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Caliper covers are 100%, unequivocally, undeniably, atrociously, categorically, criminally, the wrong decision. If you're to the point of considering paint vs. covers, this means you need to paint or cut bait and leave them as they came from the factory.

If you ignore this, you deserve all of the eye-rolls, hush-toned trash talking, and outright disdain that will absolutely accompany caliper covers. /thread
Hey Rich, we’re all friends here. I appreciate your feedback, however if you have an opposing opinion, the added “aftermath of my decision” is unnecessary.

A simple, “hey guy don’t do covers k” would suffice. I’m shooting in the dark here and am open to all ideas. As we go down the list we’ll cross off options as we go. Calipers covers, out. Paint is in, and we’re down to a couple colors.

Thanks.

Last edited by mrtakeo; 09-16-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 207 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Hey Rich, we’re all friends here. I appreciate your feedback, however if you have an opposing opinion, the added “aftermath of my decision” is unnecessary.

A simple, “hey guy don’t do covers k” would suffice. I’m shooting in the dark here and am open to all ideas. As we go down the list we’ll cross off options as we go. Calipers covers, out. Paint is in, and we’re down to a couple colors.

Thanks.
the only viable safe solutions are leaving oem calipers stock. painting stock calipers. or changing to a different caliper oem c63 calipers being the easiest plug and play swap.
mrtakeo (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Star4life
the only viable safe solutions are leaving oem calipers stock. painting stock calipers. or changing to a different caliper oem c63 calipers being the easiest plug and play swap.
Full carbon ceramic swap would likely cost in the neighborhood of 6-8k correct?

With the paint, any idea on how many coats for longevity?
Old 09-16-2019, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Full carbon ceramic swap would likely cost in the neighborhood of 6-8k correct?

With the paint, any idea on how many coats for longevity?
yes the rotors are expensive for carbon ceramic. but you dont need to spend that much. just get the standard c63 brakes for $2000-3000. or cheaper if you buy used.
mrtakeo (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
i am ordering brackets to mount oem c63 calipers both front and rear. you can either mount the 360mm front rotors or 390mm front rotors and the 360mm rear rotors. this takes care of performance and visual looks. can run oem rotors or use the racing brake option.

does anyone else want the brackets. i will save you some money in the group buy i have set up. front brackets are $350. Rear Brackets are $120. Pm me if interested.
mrtakeo (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450

Thanks.
I'm just here handing out the hard truth, living up to my name. You've made it this far narrowing down a color - now forge the river, avoid the dysentery and get'r done. Find the proper AMG stickers on ebay or aliexpress, and while you're waiting for deliver, get some bids on getting them sprayed. People have shared prices of $250-600 IIRC, double that at least for powder coating. A reputable shop that's experienced will tell you their typical # of coats.
mrtakeo (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 04:45 PM

i am ordering brackets to mount oem c63 calipers both front and rear. you can either mount the 360mm front rotors or 390mm front rotors and the 360mm rear rotors. this takes care of performance and visual looks. can run oem rotors or use the racing brake option.

does anyone else want the brackets. i will save you some money in the group buy i have set up. front brackets are $350. Rear Brackets are $120. Pm me if interested.
That’s good to know, thank you. I need to allocate my funds to paying for the upcoming performance upgrades but I’ll keep this in mind for future reference.

Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
I'm just here handing out the hard truth, living up to my name. You've made it this far narrowing down a color - now forge the river, avoid the dysentery and get'r done. Find the proper AMG stickers on ebay or aliexpress, and while you're waiting for deliver, get some bids on getting them sprayed. People have shared prices of $250-600 IIRC, double that at least for powder coating. A reputable shop that's experienced will tell you their typical # of coats.
I can take constructive criticism, so thanks for taking the time to respond. The shop that I had her wrapped at will paint and get the stickers done did.

But first, tomorrow she goes in for downpipes, res delete and stage 2 tune. Very excited, will keep updated.

Also feel free to let me know your choice of caliper color if you had to pick between the 2 (Petronas Green or Ferrari Red).
Old 09-16-2019, 09:26 PM

C43

I would potentially be interested in this, but just to clarify by bracket, are you referring to the caliper itself (not including the breakpad?) is that something you can install yourself without a bunch of tools, and will MB be able to service your car if you make that change?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C43 Caliper Colors