Sponsored by:

Purchased Eurocharged V4 OBDII Tune. Need help with MYGENIUS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 04:31 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Purchased Eurocharged V4 OBDII Tune. Need help with MYGENIUS

I ordered the OBDII V4 tune from Eurocharged but after reading the instructions I still have a few questions. Can anybody here help me? I have to believe that somebody here has encountered the same questions that I have.

https://www.eurocharged.com/support/mygenius

Question 1: I need a battery charger connected to the car while I withdraw/copy my stock tune. Is this any old battery charger? What Voltage should I use 12V or 14V? Or do I need some kind of special Voltage Stabilizer kinda thing?

Question 2: I am told that I need to update the MyGenius DEVICE and SOFTWARE 3 times.
[5. Do step 3 and 4 a total of three times, selecting a different check box each time. (It's okay if you forget which ones you've done, just start over.)]
Firstly I only see 2 "CHECK BOXES" (MyGenius Device and MyGenius Software). The program and device performed 1 update by itself without prompting me to do anything the very first time I plugged in the MyGenius to my computer.
Are these the 3 total updates?!?!

Question 3: I noticed that the program seems to download the latest update and update the DEVICE REGARDLESS of what the current software version is on the DEVICE. For example, if I have DEVICE version 1.4 and the latest DEVICE version is 1.4, the MyGenius Client (Windows App) will still download version 1.4 and write over my DEVICE version 1.4. Then the [ABL NUM] will increase 1 value. I previously had ABL NUM 9599 and now I have ABL NUM 9601 after updating it and checking again to see if it had the latest update after that. The ABL NUM increased 1 value each time. Is this normal?

To be honest I am starting to regret not just getting a local tune. I thought that getting OBDII would be easier but so far it that has not been the case. Perhaps I am just inexperienced.

If anybody can help answer my questions I would be extremely grateful because I am afraid to do anything at all until these questions are answered.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:07 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by waisoserious
I ordered the OBDII V4 tune from Eurocharged but after reading the instructions I still have a few questions. Can anybody here help me? I have to believe that somebody here has encountered the same questions that I have.

Question 1: I need a battery charger connected to the car while I withdraw/copy my stock tune. Is this any old battery charger? What Voltage should I use 12V or 14V? Or do I need some kind of special Voltage Stabilizer kinda thing?

Question 2: I am told that I need to update the MyGenius DEVICE and SOFTWARE 3 times.
[[b]5. Do step 3 and 4 a total of three times, selecting a different check box each time. (It's okay if you forget which ones you've done, just start over.)]
Firstly I only see 2 "CHECK BOXES" (MyGenius Device and MyGenius Software). The program and device performed 1 update by itself without prompting me to do anything the very first time I plugged in the MyGenius to my computer.

Question 3: I noticed that the program seems to download the latest update and update the DEVICE REGARDLESS of what the current software version is on the DEVICE. For example, if I have DEVICE version 1.4 and the latest DEVICE version is 1.4, the MyGenius Client (Windows App) will still download version 1.4 and write over my DEVICE version 1.4. Then the [ABL NUM] will increase 1 value. I previously had ABL NUM 9599 and now I have ABL NUM 9601 after updating it and checking again to see if it had the latest update after that. The ABL NUM increased 1 value each time. Is this normal?

To be honest I am starting to regret not just getting a local tune. I thought that getting OBDII would be easier but so far it that has not been the case. Perhaps I am just inexperienced.

If anybody can help answer my questions I would be extremely grateful because I am afraid to do anything at all until these questions are answered.
I had It tuned locally but also have the My Genius.
You don't need to have the battery hooked up to s charger, you just need to make sure the battery isn't about to to flat ie charged properly.

When you 1st connect it to the laptop, you only have to update the software once, and it takes a while to install.
When you're reading or writing a map to the car, the My Genius will prompt you to turn the ignition off and on 3 times, it's pretty easy.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 c230 Kompressor sport coupe
Originally Posted by waisoserious

[[b]5. Do step 3 and 4 a total of three times, selecting a different check box each time. (It's okay if you forget which ones you've done, just start over.)]

You shouldn't have updated it again just to see if it updated. My mygenius paperwork specificly says NOT to do this because it will mess up the version numbering or something and you will need to call them and tell them so they will have to reset it. It's not complicated. Just don't over think every step.