PPF / OPF Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 07:17 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C43 AMG
PPF / OPF Replacement

Hello
With the OPF / PPF / Whatever its called in your Country, being in Place for around a year now i hoped to see tuning Companys offering easy replacements to get it out.
The Sound of the Performance-Exhaust is great and for me just getting rid of the OPF would make the sound perfect.

Is there anything on the Market that i just haven't found yet?
Old 09-16-2019, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by Malar
Hello
With the OPF / PPF / Whatever its called in your Country, being in Place for around a year now i hoped to see tuning Companys offering easy replacements to get it out.
The Sound of the Performance-Exhaust is great and for me just getting rid of the OPF would make the sound perfect.

Is there anything on the Market that i just haven't found yet?
What you will need to do is replace the exhaust portion that has the PF with the non-PF version and then code out the option from the car. There should be quite a number of independent workshops that can do this for you in your country.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by TModelle
What you will need to do is replace the exhaust portion that has the PF with the non-PF version and then code out the option from the car. There should be quite a number of independent workshops that can do this for you in your country.
Where is the OPF located in our car? And coding the option out will be a direct redflag for warranty claims no?
Old 09-16-2019, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by munis
Where is the OPF located in our car? And coding the option out will be a direct redflag for warranty claims no?
The GPF is located in the middle of the center exhaust section right after where the two catalyst branches come together in the central tunnel. Cars equipped with this have the Code 598 Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF) associated with their VIN/build.

I am pretty sure coding the option out will void your warranty.
The following users liked this post:
rdrrua (05-02-2020)
Old 09-16-2019, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
That being said, on the hardware side, you could just go for aftermarket center section in order to delete hardware, it will be cheaper than original Mercedes without the GPF. AWE, Armytrix, iPE, Fi Exhaust, etc. all have center sections for the C43. Or, if you don't mind, just cut and weld a bypass.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMWs have something called Delete-R which takes care of any OPF related CEL for them without you tuning the ECU. Does any company have a similar system for Mercedes? If not then removing the OPF section would cause a CEL, which means you have to tune the ECU, which means voided warranty. In my knowledge nothing like this exists for the Mercedes cars.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
BMWs have something called Delete-R which takes care of any OPF related CEL for them without you tuning the ECU. Does any company have a similar system for Mercedes? If not then removing the OPF section would cause a CEL, which means you have to tune the ECU, which means voided warranty. In my knowledge nothing like this exists for the Mercedes cars.
If this product you mentioned continually deletes CELs then wouldn’t the car fail a readiness test during inspections like MOT, etc. or when it goes to the dealer for checks. Where I’m from dealers or inspection centers will look at whether a CEL was deleted recently to check if the car is modded or has an emissions related issue.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If this product you mentioned continually deletes CELs then wouldn’t the car fail a readiness test during inspections like MOT, etc. or when it goes to the dealer for checks. Where I’m from dealers or inspection centers will look at whether a CEL was deleted recently to check if the car is modded or has an emissions related issue.
This Delete R thing apparently just deletes O2 Cels speicfically. You can also remove it before you visit the dealership.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1036203&page=2
Old 09-16-2019, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
This Delete R thing apparently just deletes O2 Cels speicfically. You can also remove it before you visit the dealership.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1036203&page=2
Sure, but any time you deleted *any* CEL, the readiness state of the ECU will not be satisfied, and a drive cycle need to be done in order to test the emissions components once again, and if it continually has to delete a CEL, then it’s always in that un-satisfied state. Just thought I’d bring this to your attention.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sure, but any time you deleted *any* CEL, the readiness state of the ECU will not be satisfied, and a drive cycle need to be done in order to test the emissions components once again, and if it continually has to delete a CEL, then it’s always in that un-satisfied state. Just thought I’d bring this to your attention.
In all honesty, I have just embraced this new reality that cars are just going to sound **** going forward. I like my warranty more than the sound.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:01 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
The GPF is located in the middle of the center exhaust section right after where the two catalyst branches come together in the central tunnel. Cars equipped with this have the Code 598 Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF) associated with their VIN/build.

I am pretty sure coding the option out will void your warranty.
Can you show me a picture of this please? ( I have an AMG PE if that makes a difference)
My car is mapped and decat ready, do you think it would create an error code if the OPF was removed, given the tune has already been made decat ready?
Old 09-17-2019, 02:22 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C43 AMG
I see theres no easy solution. Especially with a Merc where there is very little support from the tuning community compared to BMW.
The Car manufactures could've atleast made it easy for everyone to cut this unnecessary stuff out.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Malar
I see theres no easy solution. Especially with a Merc where there is very little support from the tuning community compared to BMW.
The Car manufactures could've atleast made it easy for everyone to cut this unnecessary stuff out.
I'm going to the tuner / custom exhaust shop on Monday to see about this . Physically its very easy, just the coding issue.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:15 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S
Does anybody have a picture which part of the exhaust has to be deleted to get rid of this? The X- or H- pipe where I could see a valve?
Old 05-02-2020, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by rdrrua
Does anybody have a picture which part of the exhaust has to be deleted to get rid of this? The X- or H- pipe where I could see a valve?
Yeah it was pretty easy. Just took it an exhaust guy who cut them open , gutted them and weldee back up again.
To actually remove the entire unit to re fit later is difficult as the whole underlay needs to come the middle of the car.

after removal I have a new custom remap done- this is essential to Maximise the power gains.
gained another 15-20 Bhp and lb ft across the range

They are directly under the centre of the car. North American and Asian cars do not have them only Europe.