Thinking about getting upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 02:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG
Thinking about getting upgrades

Hello!

I've now owned my 2019 c43 coupe for a month and a half now and while I was perfectly content with it, my eyes have been opened to the world of aftermarket ecu tunes. However I'm also contemplating adding either carbon fiber aero or even taking the plunge and go for the prior designs widebody. I don't know which to prioritize/save up for first.

I have also very much considered getting a w204 c63 and getting a widebody (liberty walk) on that and just keeping my c43 as a daily driver.

I've already got my heart set on the renntech ecu tune since I'm not trying to break any records or race on any tracks but I just want a bit more power and torque.

So here are my questions:

So for the carbon aero, is it correct to assume that I'd need to purchase a W205 c63 front bumper? I plan on getting the future design parts

The rear bumpers are similar across all trims aside from the splitters correct?

While I love my amg sport exhaust, would it be worth it to upgrade to the performance exhaust? While other aftermarket exhausts sound pretty good too, the sport exhaust sounds great too.

Some relevant(?) info
-this is my daily driver. I havent touched my 07 clk350 since I got this car

-I live in Southern California

-I grew up loving jdm car culture (I'd be lying if I said that I dont blast eurobeat wild driving down Angeles Crest Highway or PCH) . Was initially planning on getting the supra but we all saw how much of a mess it ended up being. I always dreamt of having a modified car with a bodykit/widebody so I just gotta have it. No big wings though lmao. I dont plan on adding any crazy looking livery or going for any type of stance. Maybe just a sticker or two.

-I'm still relatively young in my late 20s. I work as a registered nurse, so I can afford the upgrades no problem. I'm just trying to be practical by not throwing my entire month's paycheck at my car on top of car payments and student loan debt

TL;DR
Do I upgrade exterior or performance first?
Old 10-16-2019, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by hi_alvin
Hello!

I've now owned my 2019 c43 coupe for a month and a half now and while I was perfectly content with it, my eyes have been opened to the world of aftermarket ecu tunes. However I'm also contemplating adding either carbon fiber aero or even taking the plunge and go for the prior designs widebody. I don't know which to prioritize/save up for first.

I have also very much considered getting a w204 c63 and getting a widebody (liberty walk) on that and just keeping my c43 as a daily driver.

I've already got my heart set on the renntech ecu tune since I'm not trying to break any records or race on any tracks but I just want a bit more power and torque.

So here are my questions:

So for the carbon aero, is it correct to assume that I'd need to purchase a W205 c63 front bumper? I plan on getting the future design parts

The rear bumpers are similar across all trims aside from the splitters correct?

While I love my amg sport exhaust, would it be worth it to upgrade to the performance exhaust? While other aftermarket exhausts sound pretty good too, the sport exhaust sounds great too.

Some relevant(?) info
-this is my daily driver. I havent touched my 07 clk350 since I got this car

-I live in Southern California

-I grew up loving jdm car culture (I'd be lying if I said that I dont blast eurobeat wild driving down Angeles Crest Highway or PCH) . Was initially planning on getting the supra but we all saw how much of a mess it ended up being. I always dreamt of having a modified car with a bodykit/widebody so I just gotta have it. No big wings though lmao. I dont plan on adding any crazy looking livery or going for any type of stance. Maybe just a sticker or two.

-I'm still relatively young in my late 20s. I work as a registered nurse, so I can afford the upgrades no problem. I'm just trying to be practical by not throwing my entire month's paycheck at my car on top of car payments and student loan debt

TL;DR
Do I upgrade exterior or performance first?
To follow the mentality of your last point, don't do anything to your car if you're concerned with practicality - a properly done widebody should be costing you as much as an additional car. If you've got the cash for it, widen away I suppose, but you'll have even more "fun" figuring out the wheel situation for it. You're in a very small minority, in an already semi-niche car - I wouldn't expect much in the realm of personal experience for anything you've mentioned you're looking to accomplish.

C63 bumper is not a direct swap as the 63 is wider all around. There are non-63 replica bumpers available. There are a few people on the forums here with them and they look nice. Personally wouldn't go any further than something like that.

Good luck

Edit: forgot to add, true MB PE swap is a major chore and not a simple swap. Factory coding is required and no dealers have been willing to accommodate the tinkering that anyone has posted about. I think only 2 have done it, one in US, the other in Southeast Asia.

Last edited by RichardCranium3; 10-16-2019 at 09:32 AM.
The following users liked this post:
hi_alvin (10-16-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 05:48 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
We have the RennTech tune and local in SoCal if you need installation. PM if interested and I would be happy to help!
Old 10-19-2019, 11:08 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
How’s the RENNtech tune on the 19’s. They told me they have not updated it for the facelift model.