Sponsored by:

No 2020 C43 Coupes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 10:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 lol
No 2020 C43 Coupes?

Searched on numerous Canadian and US dealer sites as well as Cars.com, and no one appears to have 2020 C43 Coupes; lots of sedans though. For 2019 all Coupes were built in Germany. Has anyone ordered or taken delivery of a 2020 Coupe?
Old 10-30-2019, 10:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
BMW
Coupe is in the same boat as wagon (it actually was, literally!!!).
The first shipment of 2020 C43 AMG cars from Germany was unloaded in Halifax in the evening of October 16 (ship name: Morning Calypso).
Cars were then shipped by train to the destination depots. I think they arrived to Toronto area just last week.

My car is in the depot right now getting the PDI (interesting that PDI is not done at the dealership) and it's scheduled (tentatively) for delivery to me on Friday, November 1st. Yay!!!! but,.. I'm thinking it could be early next week. This will be one of the very first non-USA built C43 cars delivered to the dealership where i bought my car.
I imagine that they will get some dealer ordered cars with this shipment too. So you will start seeing them end of this week, or early next week.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
They seem to be rare right now but I saw one for sale in canada a while back..

Last edited by brakingbad; 10-30-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'20 C43 AMG coupe
Here are some pics of the first 2020 c43 coupe in vancouver that I took delivery of last thursday.

You can see the U88 amg drive unit in the last pic. Please excuse the ****ty phone pics haha.

Last edited by PHenom; 10-30-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
Originally Posted by PHenom
Here are some pics of the first 2020 c43 coupe in vancouver that I took delivery of last thursday.

You can see the U88 amg drive unit in the last pic. Please excuse the ****ty phone pics haha.

I’d love to hear your initial impressions of the AMG Drive Unit. I regret not equipping it on my 2020 c43 sedan. What do you have the left buttons set to? Do you use them? Is the right button easier for switching drive modes? Can you switch to dynamic with a single click? Do they feel high quality or do they feel poorly integrated into the wheel?
Old 10-30-2019, 03:52 PM

'20 C43 AMG coupe
Honestly haven't fiddled with the factory settings on them as of yet. I have really only been using them to change the suspension to comfort as I have the car on sport + exclusively.

They feel nicely integrated with the wheel and the screens are of a decent resolution-- but I think they would feel more stable if the housings were constructed in aluminum or some kind of metal. They are definitely a nice aesthetic addition to the steering wheel and are cool to change the drive mode on the fly.

I believe they are included in the AMG driver's package in Canada.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by gcurnew
Searched on numerous Canadian and US dealer sites as well as Cars.com, and no one appears to have 2020 C43 Coupes; lots of sedans though. For 2019 all Coupes were built in Germany. Has anyone ordered or taken delivery of a 2020 Coupe?
I got mine beginning of October (in Switzerland): https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post7871951.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,556 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by nikodes
I’d love to hear your initial impressions of the AMG Drive Unit. I regret not equipping it on my 2020 c43 sedan. What do you have the left buttons set to? Do you use them? Is the right button easier for switching drive modes? Can you switch to dynamic with a single click? Do they feel high quality or do they feel poorly integrated into the wheel?
I love it in my C63S. It's truly one of the best new things that was added to the 2019+ C63S. They could feel a little bit more solid, but they work quite well. The drive mode selector on the right actually feels very good when using it. Turning it selects one of the drive modes and if you push it, it immediately activates Individual mode regardless of your current mode. That's probably the feature I like most. But even selecting other modes feels much more natural and intuitive than the old selector in the center console, especially if changing modes while driving and having to focus on the road. In the C63S it doubles as the selector for the TC level when ESP is OFF. The displays are nice and have a good resolution. The left soft buttons are also nice. Mine creak sometimes a bit when pressing them, but I think they've kinda worn in now. I have the transmission mode on the upper button and the suspension mode on the lower button. It's what I use most often and again it's much better to quickly change the suspension from the steering wheel, than reaching to the center console and finding the suspension button. Same for putting the transmission in manual mode. The AMG Drive Unit makes everything much more driver focused. It's a must-have IMO.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-31-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:41 PM

c43
Originally Posted by superswiss
I love it in my C63S. It's truly one of the best new things that was added to the 2019+ C63S. They could feel a little bit more solid, but they work quite well. The drive mode selector on the right actually feels very good when using it. Turning it selects one of the drive modes and if you push it, it immediately activates Individual mode regardless of your current mode. That's probably the feature I like most. But even selecting other modes feels much more natural and intuitive than the old selector in the center console, especially if changing modes while driving and having to focus on the road. In the C63S it doubles as the selector for the TC level when ESP is OFF. The displays are nice and have a good resolution. The left soft buttons are also nice. Mine creak sometimes a bit when pressing them, but I think they've kinda worn in now. I have the transmission mode on the upper button and the suspension mode on the lower button. It's what I use most often and again it's much better to quickly change the suspension from the steering wheel, than reaching to the center console and finding the suspension button. Same for putting the transmission in manual mode. The AMG Drive Unit makes everything much more driver focused. It's a must-have IMO.
Thanks for chiming in. I’m killing myself for not equipping it. Unfortunately it’s too late. My 2020 should arrive any day now. I’m hoping it’s something I can add on later but not worth the cost I’m sure, especially with my lease. Would probably require a whole new wheel and additional wiring. Oh well.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:22 PM

Audi S3
Ordered the 2020 C43 in designo selenite grey magno a few weeks ago; just found out yesterday that the color is delayed to February production and March delivery

Does anyone have the site(s) where you can track the production and delivery of your vehicle?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by hellohello
Ordered the 2020 C43 in designo selenite grey magno a few weeks ago; just found out yesterday that the color is delayed to February production and March delivery

Does anyone have the site(s) where you can track the production and delivery of your vehicle?
There is no site where you can track your vehicle. Your sales person at the dealership is your contact for updates on the order and current status. If you ordered the coupe/cab (built in Germany), or a sedan that's built in South Africa instead of the USA, then once your vehicle is assigned to a shipping vessel, there are several sites to track the journey of the vessel, but that's about it as far as tacking goes. The Magno paints are known for production delays. There's extra lead time and they often lead to long delays. Not all paint shops in all factories can do the Magno paints, so the body has to be shipped to a different factory to get painted and then back to where it's being assembled, so there can be bottlenecks if a lot of Magno orders are in the queue.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-31-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:02 AM

C63
Anyone know why the MBUSA.com site has no reference to the C43 sedan or coupe? I've been tracking my C63, which will be delivered to me next week. I went to see if the the builds were updated for 2020, which they finally are, but I noticed that when you go to select a model, the only AMG models that appear for C class are the 63 and 63s.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:41 AM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
They seem to be updating the build site.

https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/cl...coupe/type-amg

https://www.mbusa.com/en/vehicles/build/c-class/coupe
Old 11-02-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 Iridium Silver C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by PHenom

really sharp looking car!
The following users liked this post:
PHenom (11-13-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 BMW 440xi
Wireless Apple CarPlay

Hello, congrats to those who have the 2020 c43 coupe! I was hoping to find out if the car has wireless apple CarPlay, with the emphasis on it being wireless. Thanks so much for checking!
Old 11-03-2019, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 984 Likes on 578 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by BBNYC
Hello, congrats to those who have the 2020 c43 coupe! I was hoping to find out if the car has wireless apple CarPlay, with the emphasis on it being wireless. Thanks so much for checking!
I don't think there is any car in the current MB lineup that has it.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
no wireless Applecar play..BMW charges monthly for it.. some lag for now..not until its more seamless

I have a 19 c coupe, loaded (although oddly no perf exhaust)..given to me by MBUSA about 45 days ago somehow..crazy deal if anyone wants..graphite on saddle
Old 11-09-2019, 01:19 AM

2020 C43 coupe
Still no 2020 C43 coupe build online, simply ridiculous....., my local dealer apparently is incapable of emailing me a DOG, or incompetent....
I have a 2020 on order with this dealer and had I not been on this wonderful Forum I would never have heard about the AMG Drive unit that he states he now has added only after informed him of this and had I not, I would of missed out on that.

Anyone have the means to post or email a 2020 C43 Coupe DOG ?

Thinking about changing dealers as this guy is not on the ball. The bad thing is that he claims he changed a existing
stock order to get the Wifey the car sooner so that was a plus.

i have a 2020 C8 Corvette on the que to order, a car never built before, and GM has had the build on line for a while now, but MB does not...crazy.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by MarsRedCLK
Still no 2020 C43 coupe build online, simply ridiculous....., my local dealer apparently is incapable of emailing me a DOG, or incompetent....
I have a 2020 on order with this dealer and had I not been on this wonderful Forum I would never have heard about the AMG Drive unit that he states he now has added only after informed him of this and had I not, I would of missed out on that.

Anyone have the means to post or email a 2020 C43 Coupe DOG ?

Thinking about changing dealers as this guy is not on the ball. The bad thing is that he claims he changed a existing
stock order to get the Wifey the car sooner so that was a plus.

i have a 2020 C8 Corvette on the que to order, a car never built before, and GM has had the build on line for a while now, but MB does not...crazy.
The DOGs are posted in the AMG Private Lounge, unfortunately you need a VIN to join, but if you PM me your email, I can send it to you.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:47 AM

2020 C43 coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
The DOGs are posted in the AMG Private Lounge, unfortunately you need a VIN to join, but if you PM me your email, I can send it to you.
Thanks, the dealer did send it to me today, so now I have the DOG, thanks for the help !
Old 11-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Audi S3
Can someone explain what DOG is?
Old 11-10-2019, 10:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by hellohello
Can someone explain what DOG is?
Dealer Order Guide (I believe)
Old 11-12-2019, 05:04 PM

C43
C43 Coupe released!!

Finally released! MB on its way. Wanted to get your opinion on front plate alternative mounts. I noticed various threads floating around on this, but wanted to see what the latest and greatest may be!! I want to avoid the holes, since there's a possibility of a move to a state that doesn't require the front plate. If it happens, it would bother me to have drilled holes!!

I don't trust driving currently without a plate. My luck, I'll get stopped. But what are some solid options where there's 0 chance of marking the bumper or having the plate loosen? Also don't want to disrupt airflow/sensors as I've read.

Many thanks!!! Look forward to contributing here!
Old 11-13-2019, 03:48 PM

'20 C43 AMG coupe
Get a tow hook license plate mount. I'm using one from Rho-plate -- they guarantee fitment as they sell plates specifically for each car model. You can see the pics of it installed at the beginning of this thread.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:42 PM

2019 Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Hi PHenon, the toe hook license plate holder doesn't set your park distance sensor off?

Thanks,
Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No 2020 C43 Coupes?