Sponsored by:

Buying a used racechip gts black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by BMS
OBDII can route out a preexisting hole in the firewall or through the door jamb, both are perfectly functional.

We only offer the JB4 now for the platform and while all maps benefit from the OBDII cable map1 (default) can be run without it. Without OBDII map1 will perform similar to RaceChip, although it still has better internal tuning logic IMHO.
Fair enough and thanks for answering my questions. I am still very interested in the JB4 since it was my original choice and might even buy one after a try the RaceChip for a while. No harm in trying different products and each seem to have their own pros/cons. I just wish you guys shipped to California so that I'm not limited to Ebay, but regulations are what they are.
The following 2 users liked this post by BayAreaAMG:
BMS (11-11-2019), RichardCranium3 (11-12-2019)
Old 11-18-2019, 10:51 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
he was asking about a racechip, not a burger box. why hijack the thread ? I wouldn't go as far as to say its "safer' tuning either, but to each his own
Old 11-23-2019, 12:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by subzero05
he was asking about a racechip, not a burger box. why hijack the thread ? I wouldn't go as far as to say its "safer' tuning either, but to each his own
I have a RaceChip GTS and replaced my
phone earlier this year. The App is free and only ask that you scan or enter your serial number during setup. It is simply a Bluetooth link so should not be an issue in transferring. It does not ask anything about the car,
only the RaceChip S/N
Old 11-23-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
I got the RaceChip installed last week and the app is working with no issues, it all works perfectly. I gotta say I'm impressed with this device. Forget the BMS piggyback I feel satisfied with this until I go full reflash.

If anyone wants a Dinan Sport tuner for cheap please PM me, I used it for 2 months only. The Dinan gave an increase for me but it's not much at all, and I didn't think it really did anything until I took it out and returned to stock. Only then could I tell the difference. I still recommend RaceChip though if you could afford that over the Dinan.