Sponsored by:

K&N Filters Worth It?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
K&N Filters Worth It?

Anyone have the K&N drop in filters? Not expecting any noticeable gains but people have said it messes up to air ratio which seems stupid because the ecu adapts to these kinds of things. Any of my K&N guys chime in and can elaborate on these claims? Thanks
Old 11-15-2019, 03:06 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
good post. following because i am curious as well, i have run K&N on many cars. never heard of it messing up air ratio....

also curious, to add to OP's post...... does it help with sound at all? ive always coupled K&N with aftermarket exhausts, which has always made it quite a bit more throaty sound.
wonder if that would help with tone on factory exhaust on these cars
Old 11-15-2019, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Skim450
good post. following because i am curious as well, i have run K&N on many cars. never heard of it messing up air ratio....

also curious, to add to OP's post...... does it help with sound at all? ive always coupled K&N with aftermarket exhausts, which has always made it quite a bit more throaty sound.
wonder if that would help with tone on factory exhaust on these cars
I don’t really think it would change the exhaust noise, only the intake sounds. Might get hear a bit more “swoosh” of air but even that might be so minimal you couldn’t hear it over road noise. I haven’t tried K&N’s so I couldn’t accurately tell you but that’s what I figure. I could be wrong.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:43 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
I bought them because OEM filters in Canada is so expensive compared to USA. MB wants $25 for one where as you guys can grab one for less then $10.

Figured 2x $50 k&n filter cleaned every 6 months was better cost savings for me.
The following users liked this post:
shih1919 (11-20-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 11:00 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I’ve had them since car was new. 600 miles on them. They do flow more air and are less prone to ripping or bending under high stress conditions. Doesn’t hurt to have. Contrary to what most people think, our stock air box flows more then enough air for this engine. All Mercedes air box’s are probably the best at it from an oem side. Are you gonna notice a difference , probably not. I have this paired with performance exhaust and will be doing a RENNtech tune in the spring.