Sponsored by:

2020 C43 AMG sedan maintenance cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi
Originally Posted by alexasa
you don't need them. if you were to do them the cost would be about equal between indy shop and prepaid. I am renting a car too - and have zero downtime and don't even have to leave work to have service performed. full package experience IMO.

for less than 20 a month - not even worth my time looking for an indy shop I trust for that money - let alone the marginal savings when actually doing a full service at the recommended intervals.

but my priorities are different - it's a company car that I don't even pay for. downtime has value to me - far exceeding the cost of prepaid maintenance
I wouldnt go to an indy shop for oil changes... what about just going directly to dealer? It actually may be the same, if its $20 a month for 3year, that is $720 a year... Dealer oil change is what $250? It may be worth it for me to get prepaid lol
Old 02-07-2020, 03:40 PM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by amgbenz0411
I wouldnt go to an indy shop for oil changes... what about just going directly to dealer? It actually may be the same, if its $20 a month for 3year, that is $720 a year... Dealer oil change is what $250? It may be worth it for me to get prepaid lol
Why not go to indy for $100 oil change or dyi for $50? All same. Only thing Benz do differently while others may copied by now is using oil pump rather then draining from oil pan.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:43 PM

Audi
Originally Posted by stockbmw
Why not go to indy for $100 oil change or dyi for $50? All same. Only thing Benz do differently while others may copied by now is using oil pump rather then draining from oil pan.
Aww true, going to have to research a good indy shop. dont want someone screwing up a brand new amg and they dont know what they're doing. Also convenience too, would have to wait vs them giving me a loaner. dont really care about that though.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:13 PM

Audi
Just an update, oil changes from the dealership are $150 with Mobil 1 oil. If I want the inspection where they top off fluids with oil change he said its $250. He said dont go to no independent Indy shop especially with a brand new car under warranty let alone lease for 3 years. Thats true, Im not going to no independent shop... who in their right mind does that for AMG, mercedes has the best tools and diagnostic scanners that 3rd party dont have. He said many people went to independent and something broken and they came back to the dealership in the end. So if I really only need 3 oil changes every 10K, Im only paying around $400 vs $800 for maintenance plan over 36 months? Did you guys get the maintenance plan? Thats only 2 type A services.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:44 PM

2018 C43
Just an update, oil changes from the dealership are $150 with Mobil 1 oil. If I want the inspection where they top off fluids with oil change he said its $250. He said dont go to no independent Indy shop especially with a brand new car under warranty let alone lease for 3 years. Thats true, Im not going to no independent shop... who in their right mind does that for AMG, mercedes has the best tools and diagnostic scanners that 3rd party dont have. He said many people went to independent and something broken and they came back to the dealership in the end. So if I really only need 3 oil changes every 10K, Im only paying around $400 vs $800 for maintenance plan over 36 months? Did you guys get the maintenance plan? Thats only 2 type A services.
Agree with you totally but in Canada, ****oidealers charges $400 for yearly oil changes. I been to dealer for prepaid maintenance $1000 divide by 3 so $333 per year. Also had indy for $150. And currently diy on my AMG for $70. And yes, I have right mind and it's just a simply oil change not rocket science.

DIY on c43 is easier then on corolla.
Old 07-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Audi
Agree with you totally but in Canada, ****oidealers charges $400 for yearly oil changes. I been to dealer for prepaid maintenance $1000 divide by 3 so $333 per year. Also had indy for $150. And currently diy on my AMG for $70. And yes, I have right mind and it's just a simply oil change not rocket science.

DIY on c43 is easier then on corolla.
$333 a yr not bad for peace of mind and actually get the service, but I thought its only 2 service A's, so not exactly yearly service, since last year you turn car in before end of year. $150 is nothing for an oil change just to do maintenance once a year. So thats $450 vs buying a maintenance plan, which is whatever it is with residual baked into lease. Not many wanna crawl under a car for an oil change and be a grease monkey, just pay someone and get over with it.. not exactly people are poor buying an AMG to beging with. Theres a point, unless you own a mechanic shop and do it daily for a living. I dont think majority of people are haggling on an oil change to save $100 bux in a year.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
You were quoted $800 for a 3-year prepaid maintenance plan on an AMG? There must be something wrong here or this is JUST for oil and not the recommended Mercedes AMG Service A/B.. It's $2500 for 4 years for me. I own the car so I'll have to do it.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:22 PM

Audi
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
You were quoted $800 for a 3-year prepaid maintenance plan on an AMG? There must be something wrong here or this is JUST for oil and not the recommended Mercedes AMG Service A/B.. It's $2500 for 4 years for me. I own the car so I'll have to do it.
Not official yet, but signing lease soon. $800 is what I got from this forum.. 3 year lease with 2 service A built into lease with residual.. cheaper if you put it in the lease comes out to $800 I guess.$2500 probably because you bought the car and Service B is the expensive one. I thought 2 Service A was $1250? So its cheaper in a lease, but still thats more than annual oil changes for $150 from dealer. What fluid top offs do I need and I highly doubt my wiper blades will be worn out after 3 years lol. Does anyone just do 3 oil changes over 3 year lease?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:41 PM

C43 AMG
Not official yet, but signing lease soon. $800 is what I got from this forum.. 3 year lease with 2 service A built into lease with residual.. cheaper if you put it in the lease comes out to $800 I guess.$2500 probably because you bought the car and Service B is the expensive one. I thought 2 Service A was $1250? So its cheaper in a lease, but still thats more than annual oil changes for $150 from dealer. What fluid top offs do I need and I highly doubt my wiper blades will be worn out after 3 years lol. Does anyone just do 3 oil changes over 3 year lease?
Got ya. That makes sense.

If i were leasing, i'd probably just pay for 3 oil changes if they didn't require the full AMG services to be performed.. That is unless you think you'll buy it after the lease is up.

The thing for me is that if i were buying a used AMG I better see a maintenance history report showing that this stuff was completed. But on a lease going back to the dealer, it's their problem!
Old 07-07-2020, 04:47 PM

Audi

If i were leasing, i'd probably just pay for 3 oil changes if they didn't require the full AMG services to be performed.. That is unless you think you'll buy it after the lease is up.

The thing for me is that if i were buying a used AMG I better see a maintenance history report showing that this stuff was completed. But on a lease going back to the dealer, it's their problem!
Yah! Correct, not too sure why people get maintenance plans. I have on all my previous cars because they gave it or I just went with it, but made no sense when returning car and anything other than oil change is really after 3 years. I dont plan to keep car. I think some get the service like I did was because they give you a loaner and convenience. I'll take $450 over the course of 3 years for oil... Then again probably my tires will be bald and brakes gone. Hopefully my tires last at least 20k miles. So don't win either way on cost! lol
Old 07-08-2020, 11:32 AM

2018 C43

i bought the car this time around but last Benz I leased, I only did 1 oil change because only did 20k total kms. I think I changed it at 15k kms and returned it.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:41 AM

Audi
i bought the car this time around but last Benz I leased, I only did 1 oil change because only did 20k total kms. I think I changed it at 15k kms and returned it.
Nice def not getting the maintenance package. Even if its $800 over 3 years, thats basically 2 service A and thats basically 2 oil changes and top off some fluids. I might as well pay for 2 oil changes for $150 each for 2 years and return car back the 3rd year, so I save $500.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:36 PM

2018 C43
The thing for me is that if i were buying a used AMG I better see a maintenance history report showing that this stuff was completed.
All MB lineup depreciate like mothaf... After few years, if your selling your Benz for half off MSRP, what's the point of spending extra at the dealer?
Old 07-08-2020, 08:09 PM

C43 AMG
All MB lineup depreciate like mothaf... After few years, if your selling your Benz for half off MSRP, what's the point of spending extra at the dealer?
I guess thats true. I own my Benz. Love it and i'll probably keep it for many, many years. But my first service is due in October and I have until then to buy the prepaid. My quote for 4 services (2-A, 2-B) is $2250. To your point, i'm not sure if I spend that 2k or just trade the car in after 3-4 years for hopefully 30k and not worry about it.

Truthfully i'm not too bought into the whole "AMG" services. I don't track my car. Likely never will. It drives probably less than 10k miles a year, so i'm thinking "ala carte" service might be better?
Old 07-09-2020, 12:44 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
Just DIY. So easy to work on this car. I've owned mine for a little over 3 years now and do early oil changes (every 6-8K) at the cost of about $80 CAD and my time. Can't complain. The only ones I have gone to an independent mechanic for is a transmissin fluid and filter change as well as rear diff. About 700 CAD here at the shop I took it to and I really didn't need to do it as I am just keeping it safe since my car is tuned.
The following 2 users liked this post by mau108:
RichardCranium3 (07-09-2020), stockbmw (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by mau108
Just DIY. So easy to work on this car. I've owned mine for a little over 3 years now and do early oil changes (every 6-8K) at the cost of about $80 CAD and my time. Can't complain. The only ones I have gone to an independent mechanic for is a transmissin fluid and filter change as well as rear diff. About 700 CAD here at the shop I took it to and I really didn't need to do it as I am just keeping it safe since my car is tuned.
This. I'll always preach this. Can I afford to pay the $250-800 Service A/B - sure. The problem I have is I don't like paying a 5x mark up on the same thing a kid from Jiffy Lube is going to get right 90% of the time. The majority of people here that DIY the oil change don't even get under the car - they pump the oil out just like *drum roll please*.......the MB tech does! For less than the cost of one Service A you can buy fresh oil, and all the tools that will last a lifetime. New filter is $20 from the parts counter and MB spec Mobil1 is $40 at Walmart. Skip the pump and pull the oil pan plug the old fashioned way, and use a catch reservoir and you're in for maybe $140 in tools (wrench and a good jack). Once you're that far, you can rotate your wheels and do your own brake job (saving you another $1200+).
The following users liked this post:
stockbmw (07-09-2020)
Old 07-09-2020, 04:01 PM

2018 C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
This. I'll always preach this. Can I afford to pay the $250-800 Service A/B - sure. The problem I have is I don't like paying a 5x mark up on the same thing a kid from Jiffy Lube is going to get right 90% of the time. The majority of people here that DIY the oil change don't even get under the car - they pump the oil out just like *drum roll please*.......the MB tech does! For less than the cost of one Service A you can buy fresh oil, and all the tools that will last a lifetime. New filter is $20 from the parts counter and MB spec Mobil1 is $40 at Walmart. Skip the pump and pull the oil pan plug the old fashioned way, and use a catch reservoir and you're in for maybe $140 in tools (wrench and a good jack). Once you're that far, you can rotate your wheels and do your own brake job (saving you another $1200+).
And since you guys are in states, everything costs like half off when on sale. Like $10 filters and $10 jug of oil. So in sense, you guys can do your oil changes for like $30.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:45 PM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Do you know what all is included in a Service A and B and if its possible to do it all at home? Obviously an oil change can be..
Old 07-10-2020, 08:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Do you know what all is included in a Service A and B and if its possible to do it all at home? Obviously an oil change can be..
Well, you can google it, and you should have a maintenance booklet in with your owners manual that lists service intervals for the majority, if not all things. In short, it's varying levels of visual inspections, and filter and fluid changes. Service B always includes brake fluid swap for example, while diff/trans fluid is based on mileage.