Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by stockbmw
Sounds to me you hit a deadend with this dealer.

Are they even thinking about 1. New diff 2. New propeller driveshaft ? Or every complaints are met with MB are high-tech and it working as intended.

I think you also need new valve body or have them get you a brand new transmission with new torque converter and new rear axle with new driveshaft and diff.
Hi @stockbmw Thanks for your reply buddy!
At this point I will just wait till i get my OEM summers back on as they will just blame my winters. All those issues were happening even with stock OEM as well so it wasn't the tires.
As for the diff, they already changed one and it whines louder, they opened a TIPS case but couldn't do anything until spring with my OEMs back on.
The pulsing vibration is there for both types of tires.
Will try my luck on getting them to change the transmission or very least valve body in spring. Hopefully they can be convinced it is NOT a characteristic of the vehicle to jerk like that.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by stockbmw
Sounds to me you hit a deadend with this dealer.

Are they even thinking about 1. New diff 2. New propeller driveshaft ? Or every complaints are met with MB are high-tech and it working as intended.

I think you also need new valve body or have them get you a brand new transmission with new torque converter and new rear axle with new driveshaft and diff.
Hi there​​​, @stockbmw , I hope you are doing well during these difficult times and I hope you are safe, thanks for your answers last time. A little update on my vehicle situation since I have my summers back on now and I sent the vehicle for service but basically no they weren't thinking about any of that they keep saying it is normal and it is designed that way.
Yes I do agree I hit a deadend with this dealership like you said.
Anything you can suggest me to try? It will be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, @csalinas8686 , I hope you too are doing well during these times and safe. I am curious, did you have any luck with your car and the driveshaft repair? Did you get your C400 transmission jerking issue fixed? I hope so! What was the issue? Was it also software?

Hi there, @Khalidss , I hope you too are doing well during these times and safe. Did you get your transmission problem solved? I hope so! Let us know : ) and tell us what were the issues, was it just software?

@AMGiggity , hi there, I first want to apologize for not noticing your reply, now that I scrolled back I notice it. I wish you well during these times and safe. Yes I took it to the dealership and they keep telling me it is normal. Like stockbmw has said, I hit a deadend with this dealership. Yes, it is under warranty but the dealership refuses to admit that there is something wrong with the transmission using the infamous excuse of there are no fault codes.

If anyone can suggest me anything, it will be greatly appreciated! Things like what I can tell my service advisor, the shop foreman or anything.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-09-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:31 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Hi there​​​, @stockbmw , I hope you are doing well during these difficult times and I hope you are safe, thanks for your answers last time. A little update on my vehicle situation since I have my summers back on now and I sent the vehicle for service but basically no they weren't thinking about any of that they keep saying it is normal and it is designed that way.
Yes I do agree I hit a deadend with this dealership like you said.
Anything you can suggest me to try? It will be greatly appreciated!

Hi there, @csalinas8686 , I hope you too are doing well during these times and safe. I am curious, did you have any luck with your car and the driveshaft repair? Did you get your C400 transmission jerking issue fixed? I hope so! What was the issue? Was it also software?

Hi there, @Khalidss , I hope you too are doing well during these times and safe. Did you get your transmission problem solved? I hope so! Let us know : ) and tell us what were the issues, was it just software?

@AMGiggity , hi there, I first want to apologize for not noticing your reply, now that I scrolled back I notice it. I wish you well during these times and safe. Yes I took it to the dealership and they keep telling me it is normal. Like stockbmw has said, I hit a deadend with this dealership. Yes, it is under warranty but the dealership refuses to admit that there is something wrong with the transmission using the infamous excuse of there are no fault codes.

If anyone can suggest me anything, it will be greatly appreciated! Things like what I can tell my service advisor, the shop foreman or anything.
Have you tried a different dealership? or escalating it with MBUSA? Maybe take it to a couple of independent shops, get statement supporting your claim and show it to the dealers and MBUSA and threaten them with legal action?

Generally speaking, C43 transmission is pretty trash. I get nuisance jerking and rocking in low gears in S/S+ all the time but sometimes I also get this bizarre "knock" when I up-shift it manually in S+, though it is rare. Also, transmission is pretty slow to shift specially for an "AMG".
Old 06-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by AMGiggity
Have you tried a different dealership? or escalating it with MBUSA? Maybe take it to a couple of independent shops, get statement supporting your claim and show it to the dealers and MBUSA and threaten them with legal action?

Generally speaking, C43 transmission is pretty trash. I get nuisance jerking and rocking in low gears in S/S+ all the time but sometimes I also get this bizarre "knock" when I up-shift it manually in S+, though it is rare. Also, transmission is pretty slow to shift specially for an "AMG".
Hi, @AMGiggity thanks for your reply. I am actually dealing with Mercedes Canada and we don't really have the same lemon law the USA does. The closest we have is a Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan which manufacturers can opt-out, which Mercedes did. Not to mention it is a lengthy process and there are so many things that have to be do that isn't worth the hassle.

I just want the car fixed lol as I do enjoy the car I am going to try a different dealership at this point.

Thanks for your experience with the transmission, yes I understand this transmission has a jerky nature but I am not sure that on the highway when accelerating it goes from gear 9 to gear 5 and then confuses and jerks and then up shifts back to gear 7 is normal? I do drive in comfort on the highway, I've been driving in comfort as well lately and the jerking is surprisingly not much better than in sport and that bang then clunk sound when the vehicle shifts from gear 3 to 2 is even louder so I am super confused given that the transmission shouldn't be aggressive in comfort.

Thanks again for your reply and please let me know if you have others things to suggest.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:01 AM

nothing
Hi, @AMGiggity thanks for your reply. I am actually dealing with Mercedes Canada and we don't really have the same lemon law the USA does. The closest we have is a Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan which manufacturers can opt-out, which Mercedes did. Not to mention it is a lengthy process and there are so many things that have to be do that isn't worth the hassle.

I just want the car fixed lol as I do enjoy the car I am going to try a different dealership at this point.

Thanks for your experience with the transmission, yes I understand this transmission has a jerky nature but I am not sure that on the highway when accelerating it goes from gear 9 to gear 5 and then confuses and jerks and then up shifts back to gear 7 is normal? I do drive in comfort on the highway, I've been driving in comfort as well lately and the jerking is surprisingly not much better than in sport and that bang then clunk sound when the vehicle shifts from gear 3 to 2 is even louder so I am super confused given that the transmission shouldn't be aggressive in comfort.

Thanks again for your reply and please let me know if you have others things to suggest.
hey no problem, sorry you are going through all this crap, I'd also buy a dashcam to record the car behavior. you can also tweet your complains at MercedesBenzCDN. Large companies hate bad publicity, there was a guy who had a lot of problem with his brand new Porsche and was getting run-around from Porsche; after he made a couple of YouTube videos Porsche bought the car back, I believe he got full refund.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

hey no problem, sorry you are going through all this crap, I'd also buy a dashcam to record the car behavior. you can also tweet your complains at MercedesBenzCDN. Large companies hate bad publicity, there was a guy who had a lot of problem with his brand new Porsche and was getting run-around from Porsche; after he made a couple of YouTube videos Porsche bought the car back, I believe he got full refund.
Thanks for your suggestions, the dashcam idea is great but it is hard to record the differential noise, transmission issue and the vibrations. Recording a video and sending it to youtube is a good idea too but I am not tech savy or anything and probably not a method I will use in my case.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:40 AM

nothing
Thanks for your suggestions, the dashcam idea is great but it is hard to record the differential noise, transmission issue and the vibrations. Recording a video and sending it to youtube is a good idea too but I am not tech savy or anything and probably not a method I will use in my case.
I'd say try a different dealer and keep calling Canada MB; you can also mount a small camera over steering column and point it at instrument cluster to record the speed and gear. if it jumps from 9th to 5th it'll be captured. please make sure the cam does not obstruct your view and has battery, you don't want loose wires hanging around the steering wheel.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

I'd say try a different dealer and keep calling Canada MB; you can also mount a small camera over steering column and point it at instrument cluster to record the speed and gear. if it jumps from 9th to 5th it'll be captured. please make sure the cam does not obstruct your view and has battery, you don't want loose wires hanging around the steering wheel.
Thanks AMGiggity, that is actually pretty smart thanks for your suggestion. I will certainly get a GoPro and record it.
As for the dealership yes, thanks to both GWSHARK and stockbmw I will try Mercedes Markham and Mercedes Maple.
GWSHARK told me that he didn't have good experience with my current dealership either so I will try Mercedes Markham and Maple next.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-11-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
I booked for the service last week and I complain again about down shift from 4-3 and 3-2
they take test drive, after 5 days they told to me everything in you car is perfect we don't find any issue
I asked them if everything is perfect why the transmission is not perfect? the said We did not face the same problem before on c43 but
we wil update you car and you have warranty till 2022 if the problem is increases it will be easy for us to find the problem and solved

Old 06-12-2020, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43
after the transmission update it was smoothly for 3 days only ,then the problem came back again
Old 06-12-2020, 04:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Khalidss
I booked for the service last week and I complain again about down shift from 4-3 and 3-2
they take test drive, after 5 days they told to me everything in you car is perfect we don't find any issue
I asked them if everything is perfect why the transmission is not perfect? the said We did not face the same problem before on c43 but
we wil update you car and you have warranty till 2022 if the problem is increases it will be easy for us to find the problem and solved
Originally Posted by Khalidss
after the transmission update it was smoothly for 3 days only ,then the problem came back again
@Khalidss , thanks for your reply. Yup. The infamous "No fault detected" or "we couldn't find any issue" or "we couldn't duplicate the problem". I've been getting that all the time. Sigh, that is how it is, they are basically trained to say that so they don't have to fix anything.
As for the transmission update thing, ya except for me the update never improves it for me, at least you got to enjoy a "flawless" transmission for 3 days before it acts up again.
: ( ... Anyways, I wish you well in getting the transmission fixed somehow, I am still battling with my dealership to see what can be done, I am going to try other dealerships that other Canadian forum members suggested yesterday to me. If you can, you should try another dealership as well.
Best of luck : )
Old 06-16-2020, 08:08 AM

nothing
Well I'll be damned, it just happened to me as well. Cruising at about 70 MPH in Sport I go over a slight uneven patch on the road and tranny jump from 9 to 5! How is it even possible to skip 3 gears?! I go over that little bump on highway overpass everyday and this had never happened before. Aside from the famous rodeo effect in S and S+ low gears there have been other problems as well. In S+ when up-shifting manually to 3rd, car hesitates a second or two as if it tries to catch its breath. No other way to describe it really.

I don't know about others but I am selling this piece of trash before the warranty is up, no way I drive this thing without coverage. M is the way to go.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Well I'll be damned, it just happened to me as well. Cruising at about 70 MPH in Sport I go over a slight uneven patch on the road and tranny jump from 9 to 5! How is it even possible to skip 3 gears?! I go over that little bump on highway overpass everyday and this had never happened before. Aside from the famous rodeo effect in S and S+ low gears there have been other problems as well. In S+ when up-shifting manually to 3rd, car hesitates a second or two as if it tries to catch its breath. No other way to describe it really.

I don't know about others but I am selling this piece of trash before the warranty is up, no way I drive this thing without coverage. M is the way to go.
Hi, @AMGiggity . Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that you experience the same thing I experienced. At least I know I am not alone. We both agree it isn't normal but are you interested in getting it checked out at all or are you seriously not considering keeping the car and simply don't want to deal with it?

If you do get it checked, please do share what Mercedes says and how they solved it. It will be greatly appreciated.

Personally I really like my car and I want to keep it so I will continue trying to deal with these issues, I have an appointment in late August with the new dealership others here recommended so I will see what they say, hopefully not the same no fault detected or can't duplicate.

You should also start using a camera (like you suggested) and record things. So far though, I wasn't able to duplicate it again myself.

Quick question though, when it downshifts from gear 9 to 5 does it also have a strong jerk and makes a noticeable sound like my car? I should had paid attention to the engine too, I was too focus on noticing the transmission behaviour I didn't pay attention to how high was the engine reving, did you notice the engine reving matching the transmission behaviour? It is because I am not sure if the computer just not recognizing the gear properly and the transmission didn't actually downshift or up shift. I should had paid attention to the engine too.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks buddy!
Old 06-16-2020, 11:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

PS: Not like this should matter but what year is your vehicle? Did you install any software update of any kind (including tranny) recently?

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 06-16-2020 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Not sure why the previous post wasn't allowed to be edited but this post is... strange
Old 06-17-2020, 12:28 PM

nothing
it is 2018. Even if they fix this particular problem the transmission is simply not good enough for a sports car. and that's not just my opinion. I am not looking for a PDK but this thing is a joke. Just way too many problems and quirks for a transmission that is not even fast shifting, at all. I'll try to post a couple of dashcam videos later when I get home tonight.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

it is 2018. Even if they fix this particular problem the transmission is simply not good enough for a sports car. and that's not just my opinion. I am not looking for a PDK but this thing is a joke. Just way too many problems and quirks for a transmission that is not even fast shifting, at all. I'll try to post a couple of dashcam videos later when I get home tonight.
I see, looking forward to the dashcam videos, hopefully we can clearly see the problem through it. Sorry this might be a dumb question (I mean very dumb question), if it is a dash cam did you mount it so it records the road and not the instrument cluster or did you moved it for the purpose of recording the transmission behaviour and engine's response?

Sorry that you are disappointed with the shifting speed and having problems with the transmission (I do agree it is slow and the "quirks" are annoying), I notice you said you are interested in going back to ///M, what models were you looking at?

As for MB, are you interested in test driving what other options MB offers? I am curious about your experience and what you think about their tuning and transmissions on their new models or even just facelift C43, in-case I give up on my car as well. If you are interested in a 63 as well at one point? Zibby43 had a lemon C43 and he was more than happy with his new 2020 C43 and I think he is enjoying it much more than his previous vehicle with less rattles and other issues. I wonder if Mercedes improved the transmission on the facelift models? I am also curious what people think of the the 45 models like A45 and CLA 45.

Thanks again for your follow up, @AMGiggity ,