Looking to purchase a new 2020 c 43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 05:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2020 C43 AMG Sedan
Looking to purchase a new 2020 c 43

Hi all,

Been reading up on this forum to learn as much as I can about the car before heading up to dealers. Many recommendation about swapping out run flats for Michelin tires. Since I am purchasing the car and not leasing, has anyone tried to negotiate with dealers to swap out to non run flats for regular tires before committing to purchase?

thanks
Old 02-28-2020, 06:38 PM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG / C350 Coupe
Not tires, but I asked them to swap wheels and that was a no go on my 2020.
The following users liked this post:
chrissy0874 (02-28-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2020 C43 coupe
I am going to try when we sit down to final numbers, I would like the dealer to replace the run flats with Michelin’s, as I suspect that if you do it before the car rolls out the door and is delivered they should be able to sell the tires as new/as new to the next sucker....if I get charged for labor to switch them out, I am fine with that.

Alternative is take car as is, drive to nearest cooperating Tire rack installer, and either have them match price, or ship tires there there and switch out.
Sell new tires on Craigslist/Offerup to someone that likes them or needs them for lease turn in....
I am in So Cal., and ship just docked today with the C43 onboard, so will be doing this soon.
The following users liked this post:
chrissy0874 (03-03-2020)
Old 03-03-2020, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2020 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by MarsRedCLK
I am going to try when we sit down to final numbers, I would like the dealer to replace the run flats with Michelin’s, as I suspect that if you do it before the car rolls out the door and is delivered they should be able to sell the tires as new/as new to the next sucker....if I get charged for labor to switch them out, I am fine with that.

Alternative is take car as is, drive to nearest cooperating Tire rack installer, and either have them match price, or ship tires there there and switch out.
Sell new tires on Craigslist/Offerup to someone that likes them or needs them for lease turn in....
I am in So Cal., and ship just docked today with the C43 onboard, so will be doing this soon.

Yes that is brilliant. Please post result once everything is done. I am also in Socal (Los Angeles) area, and would love to hear your experience.

Chrissy
Old 03-03-2020, 11:56 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
I doubt any dealer will replace with non runflat for legal reasons in case you have a blow out that caused injury to yourself or other party because of Michelin Pilot Sport that wasn't meant for OEM specs.

However, do know E63S comes with non runflat with slime compressor in the trunk, which is OEM specs for that car.