C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ventilated seats: How rare is it to have this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 11:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
searching for a c43 sedan
Ventilated seats: How rare is it to have this?

Okay, after much research, it's absolutely ridiculous that MB has a blank button on all things AMG cars, yep, c63s included!!!
Every car should come with ventilated seats standard. Now Im going to get replies that say, I never use it. I had a Lexus 350F Sport that had rear curtains, I seldom use, but its was really nice to have and very convenient when the car is parked under the sun. Good thing my work and home have a garage.
Part of the problem is the never use it crowd. How can you use something you dont have? Its 2020, new c43s are now going for 70k and the c63s is now 90k, ventilated seats, still an option.

Anyways, does anyone know how rare these are on the 16 (450), and 17 and up C class amg cars? People guys spending 70-90k on a "loaded car" and it still doesnt have this option... I would be pissed. Shout out to this that live in the warmer weather states like Arizona, Texas,, Florida, even So Cal. Its probably gonna be hot ths year. I know it will be in cali.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan '19, Saab 9-3ss '03 Stage7, Saab 900 cabrio '92
you need to consider this option it's only available and needed if you have leather seats. At least, all cars I know it has this option only with leather seats.

I prefer leather seats, and for me it's a must with them. Since first time I used it in my father's '99 Saab 9-5 (first production car to have it), it's a must, considering the climate here in Spain

Regards
The following users liked this post:
1mic (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Haha...I guess everybody wants everything standard and if possible not pay for it, either. Things are options for a couple of reasons. One, everybody can decide their budget and what features they want to spend their money on, and the second one as mentioned above is certain options are only possible in conjunction with other options. Leather is one thing, but prior to 2019 the ventilated seats were not possible if you optioned the AMG Performance Seats. Now with the FL, the ventilated and heated seat option is available with the performance seats. I'm not sure anybody can give you an idea on how common they are, but at least we can say that for the years you are asking about you won't find the ventilated seat options on cars w/o leather and/or w/ the performance seats.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by EdC43AMG
you need to consider this option it's only available and needed if you have leather seats. At least, all cars I know it has this option only with leather seats.

I prefer leather seats, and for me it's a must with them. Since first time I used it in my father's '99 Saab 9-5 (first production car to have it), it's a must, considering the climate here in Spain

Regards
Yes 100%. Arent majority of the c43/c63 cars leather? Ventilated seats are awesome in warm weather and here in the states summer is fast approaching.

Another thing is a blank button, to me this is unacceptable especially for a c63s, in 2020. Mayb MB will wake up with the next gen C class. But I have a feeling they're getting rid of the v8 in the C AMG.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by superswiss
Haha...I guess everybody wants everything standard and if possible not pay for it, either. Things are options for a couple of reasons. One, everybody can decide their budget and what features they want to spend their money on, and the second one as mentioned above is certain options are only possible in conjunction with other options. Leather is one thing, but prior to 2019 the ventilated seats were not possible if you optioned the AMG Performance Seats. Now with the FL, the ventilated and heated seat option is available with the performance seats. I'm not sure anybody can give you an idea on how common they are, but at least we can say that for the years you are asking about you won't find the ventilated seat options on cars w/o leather and/or w/ the performance seats.
It should have been standard since 2016. Why its taking so long is crazy, specially since a loaded c43 is going for upwards of $70k. Also, a $450 option isnt breaking the bank, not sure why MB was so cheap there. Cheaper brands like lexus, cadillac and even trucks have this option. Imagine paying 90k for a loaded C63S and it has that blank button next to the seat heater button, no ventilated seats. LOL
Old 05-11-2020, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by 1mic
It should have been standard since 2016. Why its taking so long is crazy, specially since a loaded c43 is going for upwards of $70k. Also, a $450 option isnt breaking the bank, not sure why MB was so cheap there. Cheaper brands like lexus, cadillac and even trucks have this option. Imagine paying 90k for a loaded C63S and it has that blank button next to the seat heater button, no ventilated seats. LOL
Well, for the ventilated seats to be standard on the C43, they would also have to make leather standard, but that's not the case. The standard seats in the C43 are MB-Tex, which is a faux leather. The C43 is the budget C-Class AMG and you'll probably rarely find a fully loaded C43 on a dealer lot. They try to hit price points that sell. Somebody who is ordering their C43 fully decked out, they'll probably add leather and the ventilated seats. But again, with the performance seats ventilation was simply technically not possible. They didn't build performance seats with ventilation integrated until the 2019 FL. The C63 comes standard with leather as far as I know, so I suppose they could have made the ventilated seats standard, but then again prior to 2019 if you opted for the performance seats then one would have had to delete the ventilated seats.

Are you buying used, or where are you in the process? With buying used you can't really be picky, or you have to be willing to wait until the right configuration becomes available. When ordering new like I did with my C63S, this isn't even an issue. I got all the stuff I wanted including ventilated seats. I was definitely happy that the ventilated seats are now an option with the performance seats, which were a must for me.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:07 PM

Received 179 Likes on 115 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
I believe there was no way to order vented seats on the 2016 C450 -- so for 2016, consider them pretty rare
Old 05-11-2020, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
ventilated =/= cooled
Old 05-11-2020, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by alexasa
ventilated =/= cooled
That is true and I think too often folks think they are actively cooled. The ventilation is very effective, though in my experience. They cool indirectly via the cool conditioned air in the cabin. Whenever I feel a sweat come on I turn on the ventilation and it makes an immediate difference. You can't feel active cooling, but the absence of a sweaty back confirms that its working.
The following users liked this post:
1mic (05-11-2020)
Old 05-11-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by superswiss
That is true and I think too often folks think they are actively cooled. The ventilation is very effective, though in my experience. They cool indirectly via the cool conditioned air in the cabin. Whenever I feel a sweat come on I turn on the ventilation and it makes an immediate difference. You can't feel active cooling, but the absence of a sweaty back confirms that its working.
Its nice getting in a car with ventilated seats, especially after the gym. 100% worth it.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Arent majority of the c43/c63 cars leather?
Definitely not, at least on 43s. Far and away majority is the "standard" MB-Tex option.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:02 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
I value heated seats much more than ventilated ones but I agree with the OP, they're just nice to have. I kind of hate seeing that blank button sometimes.

I searched for my C43 for about a month before flying from Hawaii to Texas to buy it and since then i'm glad I did because i was able to get the int/ext colors I wanted, the amg pe, burmeister, amg seats, and lighting package. Also one thing I really like is the drivers assistance package...would never buy another MBZ without the drivers assistance. Back to the seats though...its so hard to find a car that has everything you want. Vent seats were one of those things I was willing to forgo.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Because it is hard to find a well equipped C43 Coupe I order one from the factory in December and took delivery 3 weeks ago with the following specs

Obsidian Black Metalic
Cranberry Red Leather
Natural Grain Black Ash
AMG Leather Steering Wheel
AMG Drive Unit
Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
Head-Up Dispay
Widescreen Instrument Cluster
Inductive Wireless Charging
Driver Assistance Package
Parking Assistance Package
Exterior Lighting Package
Multimedia Package
AMG Performance Studio Package
Exterior Carbon Fiber Package

Old 05-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
One way to make sure you get everything you want is tor order it. Did that w GLC43 and we are super happy. My C43 I picked up off the lot and now that I compare it to my GLC43 I wish I had custom ordered the C43 as well.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
Mine has it. Honestly I forget to use it quite often.

The car is for sale if your dying to have a C43 with ventilated seats!
Old 05-12-2020, 07:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Okay, after much research, it's absolutely ridiculous that MB has a blank button on all things AMG cars, yep, c63s included!!!
Every car should come with ventilated seats standard. Now Im going to get replies that say, I never use it. I had a Lexus 350F Sport that had rear curtains, I seldom use, but its was really nice to have and very convenient when the car is parked under the sun. Good thing my work and home have a garage.
Part of the problem is the never use it crowd. How can you use something you dont have? Its 2020, new c43s are now going for 70k and the c63s is now 90k, ventilated seats, still an option.

Anyways, does anyone know how rare these are on the 16 (450), and 17 and up C class amg cars? People guys spending 70-90k on a "loaded car" and it still doesnt have this option... I would be pissed. Shout out to this that live in the warmer weather states like Arizona, Texas,, Florida, even So Cal. Its probably gonna be hot ths year. I know it will be in cali.
its only about a 500$ option provided you pick leather seats.